Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Bench Warmer 2006 World Cup Soccer (Bench Warmer)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bench Warmer 2006 World Cup Soccer (Bench Warmer)
 Login/Join

posted
Have not collated yet, but assuming 1 base set with extras.

Got the 1:3 High Number card

2 Racer FX Girls: Lisa Ligon, Katarina

1 Auto: Lana Kinnear

I have loved all the benchwarmer sets....until this one. While they do look nice, the box breakdown is horrible. Not even any box toppers this time, only 1 auto per box. So, like mine, most boxes will have really only 3 insert cards. 2 Racers and an Auto for 50+ dollars.

edited title for consistency's sake

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 159 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never purchased any Benchwarmer set lol (maybe cuz I am under 18 Big Grin) But from what you just said and from what I have seen from the several Benchwarmer set, this ones looks less interesting...

Posts: 291 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: November 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think they decided that the high-number cards H73-H89 would "feel like" chase cards, but I think the psychology doesn't work. As long as cards are numbered consecutively with the base set, even with the letter in front of them, it doesn't seem to be the same thrill of the pull as a 9-card chase set at 1:2 packs or a 6-card chase set at 1:3 packs.

Plus, there's nothing different about the high-number cards (compared to the base) except that they're less common. It might have been more fun if they were subsets like rookies/double play/cowgirls etc.

The H90 card was a box-topper (in cello wrapper) in some boxes. Does anybody know the fraction that had them?

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The H90-Mary Riley card was in 1 out of every 4 boxes.

I bought 3 boxes. I completed 3 base sets (1-72) and didn't make one High Number set. I went back to the store where I bought them and was able to get the cards I needed to complete three High Number (H73-H90) sets. I don't like the idea of the high numbers, I still consider them part of the base set and they're too hard to get.

I got two foil cards per box. The expected three autographs: Crystal Lett, Alix Agar and Flo Jalin. I also got an Alejandra Gutierrez Kiss Card.

I have all of the Bench Warmer sets. Although I like this set and the cards look great, the high number cards were a mistake.

I really liked the Signature Series. That was the best.

Posts: 83 | Location: Brooklyn, New York | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed Mr. Speed.

They had alot of bumps with the 2003 and 2004 sets. While these sets are very nice, and very fun to collect, all of the double-numbered, dealer incentive, and just plain random unlisted auto and other cards make tracking down a full set VERY tough. With 2005 Series I, they started to nail it down pretty well. Signature Series was a VERY good set. Hopefully the 2005 Series II that comes out later this year (hopefully) goes back to the Benchwarmer we all know and love.

Posts: 159 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScottSummers:
... all of the double-numbered, dealer incentive, and just plain random unlisted auto and other cards make tracking down a full set VERY tough. With 2005 Series I, they started to nail it down pretty well.

I do give a nod to this release on the seeming lack of "unlisted" autos and kiss cards. I usually dread the release of a new BW series because of the pain of screening hundreds of auctions for pack-pulls and toppers that weren't on the company checklist. As of now, there are 7 of the regular autos and kiss cards I haven't seen reported yet (and 2 of the master-case toppers), but the "surprises" have been lacking.

For some of the previous sets, I consider some of the dealer incentives to be (only) loosely connected to the series when they were sent out. They are often more like general rare items that doesn't necessarily fit with the current series, more like "thank yous" to the loyal dealers and distributors.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I ordered 2 boxes direct from Benchwarmer and, because I asked, they sent me a set of 6 promos, so I won't have to go searching for them when the new NSU comes out.

Autos
11 Katie Lohmann
21 Alix Agar

Kiss card (1 in 288 packs or 1 per case)
11 Lana Kinnear

Racer girls
01 Lisa Ligon
07 Tina Jordan
08 Kathie Smith
09 Masha Christensen

High End
2 sets the same 8 cards
H73 Cindy Margolis
H74 Nikki Ziering
H78 Jennifer Walcott
H80 katarina Van Derham
H82 Buffy Tyler
H86 Nikki Zeno
H88 Carrie Stroup
H89 Shay Lyn

This is great set and the auto cards the best of the designs they've used.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Found a box at a local store today at an unusually low price ($45 Cdn). Decided to buy it and try my luck just for fun even though I don't collect Benchwarmers.

2 Racer Girls foil cards ( 1:12 packs), Shay Lyn 6 of 12 and Kerri Kasem 10 of 12.

1 autograph (1:24), Miki Twining 12 of 30

1 swatch piece (1:288), Jennifer Korbin 3 of 12 and serial numbered 087/100.

PS- shouldn't this be pinned as a new release rather than buried on page 2?

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I ordered 2 boxes direct from Benchwarmer and, because I asked, they sent me a set of 6 promos, so I won't have to go searching for them when the new NSU comes out.

Autos
11 Katie Lohmann
21 Alix Agar

Kiss card (1 in 288 packs or 1 per case)
11 Lana Kinnear

Racer girls
01 Lisa Ligon
07 Tina Jordan
08 Kathie Smith
09 Masha Christensen

High End
2 sets the same 8 cards
H73 Cindy Margolis
H74 Nikki Ziering
H78 Jennifer Walcott
H80 katarina Van Derham
H82 Buffy Tyler
H86 Nikki Zeno
H88 Carrie Stroup
H89 Shay Lyn

This is great set and the auto cards the best of the designs they've used.

Way to go Raj! I also wasn't aware you could buy direct from Benchwarmer...must check this out!

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Just scanned the auto and swatch cards from my box.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Just scanned the auto and swatch cards from my box.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/25/aaa4cy9.jpg
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6210/aaa5qj1.jpg[/IMG]

Nice box pulls there (especially at that price). Thumb Up

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Got my box a few weeks ago here's what I got.

Racer Girls: #4 Mackenzie Mack #9 Masha Christensen

Auto:

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice cards Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Nice cards with really nice pics! Cool Thumb Up

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
If any box breakdown thread just BEGS for scans, this one would be it.

Nice cards!

Mark

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
If any box breakdown thread just BEGS for scans, this one would be it.

Nice cards!

Mark

Yup, this Box Breakdown thread is the best for scans! Drool

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
More Scans please Luv You

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
Just got a box in not too long ago.

Set completion: 72/72
Dupes: 37

Hi-Numbers (1:3): 8
73, 75, 76, 80, 81, 83, 85, 89

FX Foil Racer Girls (1:12): 2
4 Mackenzie Mack
12 Nikki Zeno

Autograph card (1:24): 1
30 Carrie Stroup (black ink – signed “<3 Carrie Stroup XOXO)

(I'll try to get pics later tonight!)

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
Here's the inserts and auto:

David

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the scans dmc913! Drool