Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Classic Mythology III (Perna Studios, 2018)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Mythology III (Perna Studios, 2018)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Another spectacular set from Tony and Elaine Dance . My 15 packs contained three sets of 30 base cards and three sets of the clear chase cards. I also got the Lenticular L1 and the metal M1 chase cards plus in the order I opened them :

Roberto A Mamani, Juri Chinchilla, Babisu Kourtis.

Matthew Sutton, Chris Chamberlain, Angelina Benedetti.

Lisa LeBlanc, Tony Perna, Oliver Castaneda.

Danielle Ellison, Sanna Umemoto, Achilleas Kokkinakis.

Norvien Basio, Hanie Mohd, Benjamin Glendenning.

And finally :

Mick and Matt Glebe metal sketch Eek .

Pictures cannot do justice to the quality of these cards when you actually have them in your hand .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice selection of sketches you pulled there. Clearly, as you got a Hanie sketch and I didn't, Elaine and Tony must have got our sets mixed up when they were packing them for shipment to the UK Big Grin

For the record, I got packs 466-480.

I still haven't sorted out a new location to post my sketches so I can display them here yet but I think I will have to investigate http://www.sketchcollectors.com which seems to be the site you are using.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My 15 Packs from the latest Perna Studios release, Classical Mytholgy III - Goddesses, arrived today after an amazingly brief three day trip from Canada to here in the UK. As usual, the cards were nothing less than excellent throughout. So without more ado, here are my sketches in the order I pulled them:

Alexis Hill, Yuriko Shirou, Craig Yeung

Mel Uran, Tim Shay, Babisu Kourtis

Danielle Gransaull, Liz Chesterman, Sha-Nee Williams

Newton Barbosa, Andre Toma, Jose Carlos Sanchez

Ashleigh Popplewell, Lisa Leblanc, Sam Agro

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
These are all outstanding! No one was home when they tried to deliver mine today tomorrow will be a big day!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Another stunning set from the Pernas. I am pretty much not collecting any more, but I always make room for these. My 15 packs delivered a metal sketch as well Smile

Ostara by Irma Suriani Ahmed / Frigg by Walter D Rice Jr. / Elen by Roberto Mamani
Yemaya by Anastasia Catris / Sedna by Dan Brereton / Demeter by Loren Bobbitt

Danu by Israel Arteaga / Nott by Benjamin Glendenning / Morgan Le Fay by Lynne Anderson
Wohpe by Leon Braojos / Ma'at by Eric McConnell / Bastet by Danielle Gransaull

Gefjun by Norvien Basio / Freya by Kokkinakis Achilleas / Amphitrite by Helga Wojik
Pingu (metal sketch) by Amy Clark Anderson and the Lenticular L1 and Metal MC1

I love how much detail all the artists put into their work. The Nott (night) has a stars background, Ostara (Easter) has hares/rabbits etc.

My plan is to keep or trade for one sketch from each of the seven mythologies, trying to get a goddess of night, sky, weather, wisdom, music or healing. It's an odd mix, but most of the goddesses seemed to be stuck with fertility. Weather and sky was too narrow (almost all male deities!). So, from my hits, I am keeping Wojik (Greek, new artist to me, not in theme), Glendenning (Norse night), Basio (Norse, new artist to me), McDonnell (Egyptian truth and balance), Catris (African, new artist, not in theme), Anderson (Celtic healing), Clark Anderson (Native American, metal sketch, not in theme).

All others (Ahmed, Rice, Brereton, Bobbitt, Arteaga, Braojos, Gransaull, Kokkinakis) are available. I don't have a Japanese sketch in my hits, so a nice Benzaiten by an artist I don't have would be top of my wants list. I am also willing to consider trading the Wojik, Basio or Catris for a different sketch but likely only for the same artist, and possibly the McDonnell for a different artist since I have quite a few of his in other sets.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My first AP for this set, a wonderful Nyx the greek goddess of the night by Huy Truong. Pajamas just out of shot Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My next AP, this one a floaty Selene from Loren Bobbitt Smile .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Last AP unless I win the lottery Smile . Circe by Arwenn Necker who did a great job with my request for a fox as well as the background detail.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
very nice triple there. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post