Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The Complete (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The Complete (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of xst
posted Hide Post
My single box popped out of my Stargate a few days ago. I love the base set!!! Great clear pictures on the front and lovely episode synopses on the back. I'm having lots of fun reading the synopses because I'm watching the DVD issues of Season 1 & 2 right now... Big Grin

But, oops! I'm short 6 cards for a complete base set, so Johanna et al at Rittenhouse will be hearing from me...
Otherwise I got the requisite number of beautiful insert cards & the following:
Gallery G2 Nana Visitor
Alternate Realities AR6 Worf
Auto A5 Nana Visitor
Auto A12 Chase Masterson

Sheep Sheep Sheep

Happy Stargating!

Posts: 1395 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: June 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
...that these boxes are pretty well packed with inserts and good autos. I think Rittenhouse should get a Thumb Up for that, and having seen the picture quality at first hand I think these cards look pretty good, too.

Remember that Joanne is on holiday at present so it may take longer than usual for your message to be processed...

--
xSaBx
Trading Cards a Go-go!
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst'
from my e-mail address to send me mail...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well after thinking long and hard ($80 is a lot of money) I purchased a box.....and came up 10 whole cards short of a base set, as well as no 'guaranteed' Gallery card. Is this some sort of record? I guess Rittenhouse don't guarantee a base set per box but is it worth writing to them on this. I bought a box for the base set and whatever else I got lucky with...no base set, whatever the quality, makes me really p***** off.

Email Rittenhouse and let them know.
I was a auto short for Farscape 3 emailed them and they said they will send one to me - just waiting on the postie now.

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
...but II bought a couple of packs in my local store this afternoon and for a CC3 costume card! I'm particularly pleased with this, as it's a Garak item - and Garak is my favourite character!
It doesn't come out very well in the following picture - I used my webcam (whic hexplains the quality) but it's a dark green and black woven pattern material - which according to the ckeclist on the RA website, is the second rarest of them all, at only 225!
If OWM (or Robert Big Grin) are reading this, where did it come from? I wouldn't mind a jacket made out of this material!

Oh, and I'm smiling in this one!

I've now scanned teh card so you can get a better look - it's on my website gallery too!

Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

[This message was edited by Quaint1 on July 13, 2003 at 03:15 PM.]

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
...but II bought a couple of packs in my local store this afternoon and for a CC3 costume card! I'm particularly pleased with this, as it's a Garak item - and Garak is my favourite character!

Right, you and I are going to meet one Saturday at John's store and I'm going to get you to pick some packs for me, I want to see this uncanny ability for myself!

--
xSaBx
Trading Cards a Go-go!
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst'
from my e-mail address to send me mail...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of xst
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Quaint1 (Paul)!!! Wow!!!

I met Mr. Andrew Robinson at the May London Expo Con and he was a terrific chap. We had a nice chat and he consented to have a photo taken with me. Big Grin

Happy Stargating!

Posts: 1395 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: June 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Xst - agreed! I saw him at the Basildon show alast year and he was very friendly, despite a lengthy queue - I do have a piccy with him somewhere - I'll scan it when I remember where it is!

Oh, and xSaBx - you can be there ay John's if you like, but I don't suppose it will do yo uany good - the only person who has EVER benefitted from my pack puling power is my Sister...

Now, all I have to do is pull a Colm Meaney or Michael Dorn auto... Wink
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, and xSaBx - you can be there ay John's if you like, but I don't suppose it will do yo uany good - the only person who has EVER benefitted from my pack puling power is my Sister...

Well, if you're going to be at Basildon on Sunday I might get you to pick a box of cards for me...?

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am
completely unimpressed
by clever answers'

REMEMBER: Take out the
'removemefirst'
from my e-mail address to reply...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Phew! It was an interesting site in the living room this past week: over 200 piles of DS9. Here's a rough breakdown of my one case:

Base sets: 17
Allies/Enemies: 3 complete sets 0f 27 + 74 extras.
Ships: 5 complete sets of 9 + 15 extras.
Gallery: G1, G2(3), G3(2), G4, G6, G7, G8, G9(2).
Alternate Realities: AR1, AR2, AR4, AR5(2), AR7.
Costumes: CC2
CC3(pattern)
CC3(regular)
CC4.
Autographs: CASE TOPPER DA2
DA1
A2
A3(2)
A4
A5
A6
A7
A8(2)
A9
A12
A13
A14
A16
A17(2)
A19(3)
A20
A22
A23
A26

I Like this set a lot. This was my favorite Trek show aside from TOS, and it's like a trip down memory lane. High quality inserts with interesting themes. And I dig the 189 card base set. Selling these for $5.00 seems like a crime. I'd rather hold them or give them to friends.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well Parcelforce finally delivered 2 boxes and after the UKP 30 charge this is what we found :

Box number 2157

Allies/Enemies:
B1, B2, B3, B4, B5
B11, B12, B13, B14,
B20, B21, B22 and B23

Ships:
S1, S5, S7, S8 and S9

Gallery:
G1 Sisko

Alternate Realities:
None

Costume:
CC2 Worf red

Autographs:
A3 Michael Dorn Elephant
A19 Cecily Adams

Box Number 7691

Allies/Enemies:
B2, B3, B4, B5
B11, B12, B13, B14,
B21, B22, B23 and B24

Ships:
S1, S2, S5, S6 and S8

Gallery:
G3 Worf

Alternate Realities:
None

Costume:
None

Autographs:
A14 Jeffrey Combs Smile
A26 Barry Jenner

Nice set ...much much better than Nemesis Cool

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TK421
posted Hide Post
You people are killing me! I need help w/ DS9 trades, and you aren't trading on the board. Am I missing something? I bought two boxes (not a case like a lot of you), so I have extras to trade ;-)
Please check my Star Trek post.
Thanks,
mike hayes TK421

Posts: 314 | Location: St. louis | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Um. I don't know if I ought to post this, but heck! I like boasting as much as any collector!
I was in the same store as last week (when I got the Garak costume card) and this time not only did I come away with the latest NSU (which is what I went in for in the first place) but also an A14 autograph card signed by Jeffery Combs as 'Weyoun' - the irony being this very actor is going to be at the Basildon Show on Sunday!

If xSaBx and I meet up tomorrow, I can see my hand being forcibly pointed over a table full of boxes until I get the 'vibe'... Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Um. I don't know if I ought to post this, but heck! I like boasting as much as any collector!
I was in the same store as last week (when I got the Garak costume card) and this time not only did I come away with the latest NSU (which is what I went in for in the first place) but also an A14 autograph card signed by Jeffery Combs as 'Weyoun' - the irony being this very actor is going to be at the Basildon Show on Sunday!

why is there no envy icon ? Oh well this'll have to do Twak

Kevin

ps congrats on the pulls Thumb Up

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TK421:
You people are killing me! I need help w/ DS9 trades, and you aren't trading on the board. Am I missing something? I bought two boxes (not a case like a lot of you), so I have extras to trade ;-)
Please check my Star Trek post.
Thanks,
mike hayes TK421

TK421: Did you get my e-mail?

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
Joanna from Rittenhose has sent me the missing Costume Card from my case.

It was the red CC2 (Worf)!!!! Elephant Limited to 275!!! Elephant

Thank you very much!!!

Luv You

My ST Have/Want Lists (German, but for everyone)
http://www.st-cards.de

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
I wish there was an envy icon I could post. That was the only costume card I did not get. Smile

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
Don't be envy, be happy and enjoy the beautiful life. Dance

My ST Have/Want Lists (German, but for everyone)
http://www.st-cards.de

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Out of interest, does anyone know how limited the 'Limited' autos are? It was only when I looked in on the RA website yesterday (after the Basildon show) that I realised that A14 WAS 'Limited'!
Au Res.,
Paul

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flobe:
Don't be envy, be happy and enjoy the beautiful life. Dance

LOL. I do try to enjoy life. Card collecting is only a portion of some of my interests. Have a good day. Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorChristmasJones:
Selling these for $5.00 seems like a crime. I'd rather hold them or give them to friends.

I'll be your friend DCJ Smile

RupT

"The secondary gyrodyne relays in the propulsion field inter-matrix have depolarised."
"In English!"
"I'm just reading what it says here!"
-Emergency Medical Hologram II and the Doctor

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post