Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The Complete (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The Complete (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll be your friend DCJ

Ditto! (Especially as I was sniped on an eBay auction yesterday... Frown)
Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TK421
posted Hide Post
Joanna comes through again. You made my DS9 wishes come true, but when is Conan coming out?! Arg...

Posts: 314 | Location: St. louis | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
The store I go to had a fresh box on the shelf. Not being a ST fan I figured I should open a few with the chance of getting something good to trade. Well, in my second pack I pulled an Avery Brooks A! Autograph. Needless to say, I was very pleased!

"Magic forces black and white,
Reaching out through space and light,
Be he far or be he near,
Bring us the demon Belthazor here." - Prue and Piper

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kesmit:
I was a auto short for Farscape 3 emailed them and they said they will send one to me - just waiting on the postie now.

For anyone interested it arrived this week - A14 Tammy Macintosh Elephant

So a big thanks to Joanna Luv You

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to wonder about the box in my local store - today I got another 5 packs and got 1 of the ships cards, an Allies and Enemies card... and one of the Alternate REalities cards (AR7 Garak!)
So, in 15 packs from 1 box (and it IS teh same box - I seem to be the only person buying these packs!) I've had 1 costume card (!:100), 1 AR card (1:80) and a limited autograph (Jeffery Combs) in addition to 5 Alises and Enemies and 2 ships cards - ahd there are 25 packs left...

It's an expensive way to build up a set - but the chases help!
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
Hi Paul

A bit of synchronicity here! I have also been buying complete DS9 by the pack from the one box my local store got. I seem to be the only one buying them here too, so I have been working my way slowly through the box. The firs pack I opened I got the Garak costume card! Bit by bit I have bought 30 packs and as well as the costume card I have got 9 Allies and Enemies, 5 ships cards, 1 Gallery card (Nicole DeBoer) and a Terry Farrell auto Dance. My oldest son bought one pack when he was in with me and got a Lawrence Monoson auto. (Serve me right for brain washing my kids with Star Trek and cards Twak).
I am also only 15 cards short of the base set
At £1.85 a pack this probably doesn’t seem like a sensible way to buy cards to the case buyers out there, but by buying a few packs at a time I spread the cost and feel less guilty about spending money on cards. It’s the same with wine, I would probably save money by buying a case but would find it hard to justify the outlay, so I buy a few bottles at a time.

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patdata:
I have also been buying complete DS9 by the pack from the one box my local store got.

Saying to you the same thing I've said to Paul, got a couple of good DS9 autos and other stuff for trade, why not go take a look?

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Finally picked up my boxes of DS9, now that my dealer's back from vacation. (Still can't believe they had to leave 2 days before the set's release)
10 Deep Space Nine Gallery (1:40 Packs)
7 Alternate Realities (1:80 Packs)
5 From The Archives Costume Cards (1:100 Packs)
25 Autograph Cards (1:20 Packs)

Here's how the boxes yielded in terms of inserts:

Box 1
------------
14 Allies & Enemies - B1-B3, B9-B13, B18-B22
5 Ships of Dominion War - S1, S3, S4, S7, S9
1 DS9 Gallery - G10 [Ezri Dax]
0 Alternate Realities
1 Costume Card - CC1 [Quark - Vest (Yellow/Green)
2 Autograph Cards - A16 Casey Biggs [Damar], A17 J.G. Hertzler

Box 2
------------
13 Allies & Enemies - B4-B7, B13-B17, B22-B24, B23
4 Ships of Dominion War - S1, S2, S5, S6
1 DS9 Gallery - G8 [Odo]
1 Alternate Realities - AR4 [Bashir]
1 Costume Card - CC4 [Intendent Kira - Grey]
1 Autograph Cards - A7 Kitty Swink

Combined:
---------

B1-B7, B9-B24, B26 B13, B23
S1-S7, S9 S1
G8, G10
CC1, CC4
AR4
A7, A16, A17

I sent Rittenhouse Archives Customer Service an inquiry regarding the missing autograph card (and 1 shorted Ship card). Within minutes (literally) I had a response, verification of my mailing address and an assurance that it would ship out tomorrow. Talk about fast service. Big Grin Thumb Up

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
- Just wanted to share with everyone the news that I received a package today fom Rittenhouse that included a "Ships of the Dominion War" (S6) insert card and a pack of "The Complete Star Trek: Deep Space Nine". The pack contained an Autograph card of "Nana Visitor" (A5 Colonel Kira Nerys - LIMITED) Big Grin Luv You Big Grin. This'll complement the Intendent Kira Costume Card that I pulled from that box. Big Grin

I'm just so estatic Dance , I'm just Clap and Bouncey with joy. What a great way to end the week.

Thank you Joanna Wavey and Rittenhouse Archives Wave for fantastic service and a great product. Thumb Up

[ And in case anyone is wondering, the reason sealed packs are sent out (instead of individual Autograph/Costume Cards) is so that Rittenhouse Archives can not be accused of playing favortism or sending a particular card to any individual. I could have easily gotten one of the single guest signers or the dual Autograph Card. Wink ]

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MiniMe:
- Just wanted to share with everyone the news that I received a package today fom Rittenhouse that included a_ "Ships of the Dominion War" (S6)_ insert card and a pack of "The Complete Star Trek: Deep Space Nine". The pack contained an _Autograph card of "Nana Visitor" (A5 Colonel Kira Nerys - LIMITED)_ Big Grin Luv You Big Grin. This'll complement the Intendent Kira Costume Card that I pulled from that box. Big Grin

You know,you can be ever so irritaing at times Wink
Congrats on the pull Drool

quote:
[ And in case anyone is wondering, the reason sealed packs are sent out (instead of individual Autograph/Costume Cards) is so that Rittenhouse Archives can not be accused of playing favortism or sending a particular card to any individual. I could have easily gotten one of the single guest signers or the dual Autograph Card. ]

Really,when I was the auto short for Farscape 3 they just sent the auto - I never requested a particular one (after all it's pot luck) but they did send the one I was secretly after (Jools).

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
You know,you can be ever so irritaing at times Wink
Congrats on the pull Drool --- Kesmit

- Ah, but how "irritating" would I have been, had my sealed pack contained the Dual-Autograph DA1 "Michael Dorn/Terry Farrell as Worf/Jadzia Dax Wedding Photo (Limited)" Card? Wink
- Actually, my thanks goes to Joanna, as that was the sealed pack she "pulled" from the replacement packs stack to send to me. Wink

quote:
Really,when I was the auto short for Farscape 3 they just sent the auto - I never requested a particular one (after all it's pot luck) but they did send the one I was secretly after (Jools). --- Kesmit

- I never requested a particular Autograph Card either. I just gave the info requested on which set was short the Autograph Card. Provided the serial # and other details I thought she'd need and awaited a reply (in case I needed to give any more info). I didn't even say who the other Autograph Card was in that box or what other inserts I had gotten on my other box. I was just coincidence that I got Nana's Autograph Card. Just as if I'd gotten Quark's Autograph Card it would've been coincidence as well and complemented my Quark Costume Card. Big Grin

Like I stated earlier, I was just happy getting any signer as they were all well-known characters and actors/actresses that I liked. Getting any of the main cast members or the LIMITED cards were an added bonus (but not expected). There was really only one signer that I didn't know and could not recall which episode he was in and that was "A20 Lawrence Monoson as Hovath".

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RupT:

quote:

Originally posted by DoctorChristmasJones:
Selling these for $5.00 seems like a crime. I'd rather hold them or give them to friends.

I'll be your friend DCJ Smile

Rup and Paul (Hey that's almost Rupaul!):

If you guys still have interest in the DS9 set, I've got one each for you, if you'll cover the shipping. These sets are HEAVY. Email me if you're interested.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of xst
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Minime!! Bouncey

Happy Stargating!

Posts: 1395 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: June 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorChristmasJones:

Rup and Paul (Hey that's almost Rupaul!):

LOL I always new Rupaul was two people really Big Grin

Kevin

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MiniMe:
- Ah, but how "irritating" would I have been, had my sealed pack contained the Dual-Autograph DA1 "Michael Dorn/Terry Farrell as Worf/Jadzia Dax Wedding Photo (Limited)" Card? Wink

Not at all because I pulled that one from the first of my 2 boxes Big Grin

Of course that causes the dilema of whether to take a chance on another box for a top card or to save up for another release Roll Eyes

Kevin

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
DCJ - I'll be emailling you shortly (RupT, fancy splitting the postage?)

As for pulls, yes, I've done it again! I've now had both autos from the box in my local store (so, xSaBx, don't bother going there for DS9 Wink)
I got the Barry Jenner as 'Admiral Ross' (A26)

The other card I'm holding up is from the Strictly Ink "Big Screen Doctor Who" set and is an auto card of Jennie Linden as 'Barbara' - pulled from a pack bought at the same time as the DS( cards! I also pulled another of the Ships chases and an Allies chase...
Au Res.,
Paul

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Congrats Paul! Nice pulls Big Grin

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
so, xSaBx, don't bother going there for DS9 Wink

As I'm on holiday next week and was going to visit the shop, I'll bear that in mind!

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Bought 20 more packs out of the box that I already pulled the A1 out of. Pulled the DA1 and A26 out of the same pack. Not bad. The force has treated me well!

"Magic forces black and white,
Reaching out through space and light,
Be he far or be he near,
Bring us the demon Belthazor here." - Prue and Piper

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Here's what I got out of my box:

13 Allies & Enemies - B2-B5, B11-B14, B20-B24
5 Ships of Dominion War - S2, S3, S5, S6, S9
1 DS9 Gallery - G2 [Major Kira]
1 Alternate Realities - AR3 [O'Brien] Big Grin
1 Costume Card - CC2 [Worf - Black] Big Grin
2 Autograph Cards - A6 Mary Kay Adams [Grilka], A24 Brian Thompson [Inglatu]

If the autograph cards were Michael Dorn and Colm Meaney, this would have been a perfect box! Overall I'm very pleased; got one of each of the hard pulls (Alternate Realities and Costume) and great breakdowns on everything else.

-Bob-

"Future events such as these will affect YOU in the future!"

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post