Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The Complete (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The Complete (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of angeleyes777
posted Hide Post
Here's my case breakdown:

Allies & Enemies: 5 full sets plus 20 extras (B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B8, B11, B12, B15, B16, B17, B18, B20, B21, B22, B24, B25(2), B26, B27)

Ships of the Dominion War: 5 full sets plus 14 extras (S1(2), S2(2), S4(2), S5(2), S7(2), S8(2), S9(2))

Complete DS9 Gallery: G1, G2(2), G3, G4, G5, G6, G7(2), G9(2), G10

Alternate Realities: AR1, AR2, AR3, AR4, AR6, AR7

Costumes:
---CC1(shirt)
---CC2(2)(both black)
---CC3(2)(both black/green)
---CC4(2)(1 dull silver, 1 shiny silver & black)

Autographs:
---A1 Avery Brooks
---A3 Michael Dorn
---A4(2) Armin Shimerman
---A6(2) Mary Kay Adams
---A7 Kitty Swink
---A8 William Sadler
---A9 Wallace Shawn
---A11 Alexander Siddig
---A12 Chase Masterson
---A13 Terry Farrell
---A14 Jeffery Combs
---A17 J.G. Hertzler
---A19 Cecily Adams
---A20 Lawrence Monoson
---A21 Tony Todd (w/ a star to the right)
---A22 Felecia Bell Schafer
---A23 William Schallert
---A24(2) Brian Thompson
---A26(2) Barry Jenner
---DA1 Michael Dorn & Terry Farrell Dance
---DA2 Barbara March & Gwynyth Walsh (case card)

All in all a pretty fantastic breakdown! Love the cards! Flaming Carrot loves these cards too! Excellent job Rittenhouse Archives!

Karin

Posts: 643 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA | Registered: July 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, Rittenhouse..it is appreciated.

After years of collecting, I tend to judge a release on the quality of the base/episode set these days as, in my opinion, they should be the flagship and the added value to any release. Also, I think that chase sets, especially costume cards have become over done and repetitious. But.... I know the arguments against what I've just said and appreciate few share my views. I'm not exactly the market segment any manufacturer would be chasing... (no pun intended)

Posts: 687 | Location: Manchester UK | Registered: September 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
...it seems that you have the costume cards that were for me...

angeleyes777 has 7 CC , Barbara C has 6 CC and I have 3!!!

What have I done wrong?? Confused Confused

My ST Have/Want Lists (German, but for everyone)
http://www.st-cards.de

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
3 boxes

Autos
A2 Colm Meany Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
A12 Chase Masterson Big Grin
A16 Casey Biggs (Damar)
A17 J G Hertzler (General Martok)
A20 Lawrence Monoson (Hovath)
A22 Felecia Bell Schafer (Jennifer Sisko)

Allies & Enemies
Missing B10 for a set with 13 dupes

Ships ...
1 set and 6 dupes

Gallery
G2 Kira
G6 Bashir
G9 Quark

Alternate Realities
AR2 Kira
AR5 Jennifer Sisko

Costume
CC1 Quark (plaid - trousers 1/200) Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Probably try one more box for the DA1 card.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Email me at custrelations@scifihobby.com regarding your case breakdown. I'd email you directly but you've left no contact info here or on our board. Thanks

Joanna

And Raj, the plaid came from the vest- we originally thought we would use the pants, but decided the vest was prettier Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
And Raj, the plaid came from the vest- we originally thought we would use the pants, but decided the vest was prettier Smile

Thanks for letting me know.
Your on-line checklist says "pants" and that's what I (mis)quoted.

Since it's the rarest costume card and I got the auto card I wanted most, Raj is one happy bunny.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Now that's a picture in my head that won't go away: Raj in a bunny suit looking happy! Smile

Yeah, funny thing- when I go on vacation, I take the webmaster with me... so the website probably won't get updated much this week. Sorry- but he needs the vacation almost as much as I do Smile

Later!
Joanna

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
The biggest laugh I ever had on Buffy was Anya in Bunny suit on Halloween. I laughed out loud at that one.

Enjoy your holiday, all of you.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
The biggest laugh I ever had on Buffy was Anya in Bunny suit on Halloween. I laughed out loud at that one. I don't look quite as good as her, though.

Enjoy your holiday, all of you.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
I had a feeling getting a box of DS9 might be good for my trading needs: I got a nice surprise of some extra cash and spent it on this and a box of Highlander. That box was average, this (I think) is anything but...

Breakdown as follows:

Allies and Enemies: B2/3/4/5/11/12/13/14/20/21/22/23/24

Ships: S2/3/5/6/8

Gallery: G2

Alternate Realities: AR1 Smile

Costume Card: CC4 (Dull grey)

Autograph Cards: A3 Big Grin Big Grin and A17

All in all, a pretty impressive haul from just one box! The good news for all you DS9 collectors is that this lot will be going on my trade list shortly...

--
xSaBx
Trading Cards a Go-go!
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst'
from my e-mail address to send me mail...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TK421
posted Hide Post
I am dying to put my cards in the Binder, but RA hasn't shipped them yet... Arghhh!
What gives.
mike hayes

Posts: 314 | Location: St. louis | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
Well,

I have my binder yet... Confused

My ST Have/Want Lists (German, but for everyone)
http://www.st-cards.de

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I've got a Complete DS9 binder (I was expecting a Complete Highlander one) from the US.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I got my binder in from Diamond yesterday.

-Bob-

"Future events such as these will affect YOU in the future!"

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of red99
posted Hide Post
I am really impressed with this set. It rocks Metal The chase sets are nice and plentiful & it broke well. It is clear that RA spent a lot of time & effort on this release and they deserve much praise. As for the odd comment about the darkness of the base set, we are talking about DS9 here aren't we!

Posts: 180 | Location: UK | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
Here's my box:
Box 7420
One complete basic set
A&E: 1,7,8,9,10,11,16,17,18,19,20,26 and 27
Ships: 1,5,7,8 and 9
Gallery: 4
Auto: A4 and A6

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
here's my box breakdown

1 x set
13 x allies and enemies
5 x ships
1 x gallery G8 Odo
1 x alternate realities AR3 O'Brien Big Grin
A23 William Shallert Thumb Up

and for the chorus line

DA1 Dorn/Farrell
Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well after thinking long and hard ($80 is a lot of money) I purchased a box.....and came up 10 whole cards short of a base set, as well as no 'guaranteed' Gallery card. Is this some sort of record? I guess Rittenhouse don't guarantee a base set per box but is it worth writing to them on this. I bought a box for the base set and whatever else I got lucky with...no base set, whatever the quality, makes me really p***** off.

By contrast got a box of Doctor Who movies today....12 different foil chase out of 12 per box, 1 full 100 card set and three autos.

Posts: 687 | Location: Manchester UK | Registered: September 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
came up 10 whole cards short of a base set, as well as no 'guaranteed' Gallery card. Is this some sort of record? I guess Rittenhouse don't guarantee a base set

Hey David,
Its no record but it can happen.

Also Rittenhouse DOES guarentee a base set in the box. And let them know about the Gallery card too. Go to their webwsite to email them with the box number.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
I second that. Rittenhouse has world-class customer service.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post