Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Spirit (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Spirit (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I took the plunge and decided to purchase three cases as well...with the price being what it is at it is just to good to pass up. I will post a full breakdown soon, but can anyone answer me if the Samuel L. Jackson autograph redemption is any different on the front than the normal autograph redemption? I have been looking for the same image so far and then I got to thinking that maybe it was different...

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just opened another case 7 autos, 7 pw , and 6 sketches finally got a pence sketch
still nee PW3 and sk6, sk19, sk21, sk23 so any help would be greatful

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wax Wombat
posted Hide Post
Broke one box for the blog.

2 full sets, plus extras.

Inserts:
SC.2 and SC.3 - 2 Spirit of the City
MC.2 - 1 My City Screams
GB.3 - 1 Good Guys, Bad Guys
PW.8- 1 Pieceworks Samuel L. Jackson

Auto redemption for Jaime King.

Posts: 52 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: June 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
..but can anyone answer me if the Samuel L. Jackson autograph redemption is any different on the front than the normal autograph redemption? I have been looking for the same image so far and then I got to thinking that maybe it was different...

If I recall correctly, the auto redemption cards look exactly the same except for the back.

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
VERY NICE Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glim:
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
..but can anyone answer me if the Samuel L. Jackson autograph redemption is any different on the front than the normal autograph redemption? I have been looking for the same image so far and then I got to thinking that maybe it was different...

If I recall correctly, the auto redemption cards look exactly the same except for the back.

You are indeed correct, only the backs are different.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Case 3 Breakdown:
There were the usual number of costumes in this case (7), a nice mix including the dual costume card and no repeats as usual. Autograph wise, the were 6 but none of Paulson or Paz Vega (there were 2 of Dan Lauria and Stana Katic).

There was something unusual about this case. Three the boxes had 3 hits, while three others had only 1 hit. It still balanced out, but I think that may explain why the duplicate autographs. This case also had 2 boxes that featured a true rarity from Inkworks: miscut cards. Just a little stack from each of the 2 boxes, and no, I won't be returning them.

CASE 4:
Again with the 7 costumes, all different, but for the only time in all 4 cases there was no dual costume card. There were 5 of the 6 regular autographs (no Paz Vega). I have just sent these in so I've not received them yet. I have received the autographs from the first 3 cases. Inkworks remains reliable as ever in this regard and I'm sure they are sending out an awful lot of these this month.

Final summary: with 28 costume cards in 4 cases, I could have made two 11 card sets and had 6 doubles left. I didn't get any of PW5 though, so I'm one card short of each set and I have 8 doubles (actually 7 toward a third set with just 1 quadruple), so not too shabby.

Sketch wise, I found 30 in four cases (plus 1 in a single box), so I could've had a set with 6 extra if I was extremely lucky. Well, while not that lucky, I am pretty close to a sketch set with 20 of the 24 total artists. I was up to 19 different after the 3rd case, so I actually could've completed the set with the 4th case, but I only found 1 of the last 5 sketch artists I needed in that last case. Even so, I'm glad one of my duplicates in that 4th case was a Sean Pence. The Sand Saref card from Sean in the 3rd case is one of my absolutes favorites of all of the cards he did for the set, and that's saying something given his amazing work, still displayed on the Inkworks website.

I guess I have about 80 or so of the base sets and plenty of the three "foil" chase sets and four of the single case toppers.

It is bitterweet to have this collection. I could never have afforded to purchase this many of these cards at the original price although I did buy a box when this set first came out. I had planned to buy more, even before Inkworks ceased operations and yet I would prefer to have Inkworks still in business even if it meant I wouldn't have all of these great cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
chesspieceface you were luckyer then me with all the costume cards with only getting 1 quadruple i had three or four out of my 4 cases and out of three of the four cases i had at least one double the one was of the wet suit so i did not mind and i got my first pw3 on my last case which compleated the costume set for me i was 4 sketchs away from the set i did get two sean pence sketch but none of as good as yours

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i dont have a scanner and when i take pics theres a glare or to dark it with try to maybe early next week pw break down is
pw1 3
pw2 4 its ok since there are a bit different
pw3 1
pw4 4
pw5 3 but one is the brown over coat
pw6 1
pw7 3
pw8 3
pw9 3
pw10 5
pw11 3
well i got no doubles i guess

posted Hide Post
chesspieceface what are the 4 sketchs you are missing i have quite a few doubles maybe we could work something out

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
HI Nick
I'll post what I've got on your "trade" thread so as to not clog up this one with non-breakdowns. Thanks!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
here are my sketches and some other cards
http://s586.photobucket.com/al...9819/sketch%20cards/

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I opened 3 more boxes.

Auto redemption card
Stana Katic as Morgenstern.

Costume cards
PW4 - Eva Mendes (Sand Serif) wetsuit
PW8 - Samuel L. Jackson (The Octopus) shirt
PW9 - Scarlett Johansson (Silken Floss) robe

The Octopus by Randy Martinez.
This was slightly warped. I think there's a bit
of watercolour in it and that's what's warped it.

The Spirit by Benjamin Glendenning.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post