Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Spirit (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Spirit (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
Broke one box, odds of pulling autograph, sketch or piecework cards not indicated.

I got:
2 full sets
19 extra cards

Inserts:
SC.1 and SC.9 - 2 Spirit of the City cards
MC.3 - 1 My City Screams card
Gb.4 - 1 Good Guys, Bad Guys card
PW.3B- 1 Pieceworks Samuel L. Jackson Pimp Coat

Seems like it came as advertised. I guess there is only one autograph, sketch or costume per box if mine is the norm.

It has been reported that for some reason all 7 autographs are mail-in redemptions, but I didn't get one anyway Frown so it makes no difference Smile.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
You should have gotten 2 of the 3 big hits in a box.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:

I guess by 2 of 3 big hits you mean an autograph redemption, costume piecework or sketch card.

There are no ratios stated for those inserts so, since I got only the coat piecework, I figured it was one hit per box. If it should have been two I didn't do very good. Shake Head

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

I guess by 2 of 3 big hits you mean an autograph redemption, costume piecework or sketch card.

There are no ratios stated for those inserts so, since I got only the coat piecework, I figured it was one hit per box. If it should have been two I didn't do very good. Shake Head

That's correct. You should have gotten two hits per box. A simple email to Inkworks should do the trick.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two boxes for me, and I only found 3 big hits in 2 boxes. Boxes are 24 packs of 7 cards each, 10 boxes per case. Expect approximately 2.25 base sets of 72 if collation were perfect. I like the partnership with Denis Kitchen for the "Will Eisner Classic" subset of base cards, related to the 1995 comic-related boxed set published by Kitchen Sink.

BOX 1

Base cards (72): 2 complete sets, 17 extras
Spirit of the City puzzle cards (9, 1:11 packs): SC.3 SC.4
Good Guys, Bad Guys foil cards (6, 1:17 packs): GB.5
My City Screams foil cards (3, 1:24 packs): MC.3
Autograph Redemption AR-1B for A-7 Jackson (1, 1: >1500 packs): none
Autograph Redemption AR-1 for A-1 through A-6 (6, approx. 1:48 packs): none
Pieceworks Costume Cards (11, approx. 1:36 packs): PW.7, Ellen's coat
Artist Sketch Cards (24, approx. 1:28 packs): SK-7, Tess Fowler

BOX 2

Base cards (72): 2 complete sets, 20 extras
Spirit of the City puzzle cards (9, 1:11 packs): SC.1 SC.2
Good Guys, Bad Guys foil cards (6, 1:17 packs): GB.3
My City Screams foil cards (3, 1:24 packs): MC.1
Autograph Redemption AR-1B for A-7 Jackson (1, 1: >1500 packs): none
Autograph Redemption AR-1 for A-1 through A-6 (6, approx. 1:48 packs): A-3, Sarah Paulson as Ellen Dolan
Pieceworks Costume Cards (11, approx. 1:36 packs): none
Artist Sketch Cards (24, approx. 1:28 packs): none

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi allender do you have any single base cards i need the following to finish my base set

4/6/7/14/21/25/27/39/42/43/44/45/48/53/63/69 and 71

thanks alot

millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's correct. You should have gotten two hits per box. A simple email to Inkworks should do the trick.

Wish I could, I dumped the wrappers and the box. I didn't even keep the number because I didn't know I was short a hit. Now I have nothing to show them if I wanted to contact Inkworks.

Also if allender got only 3 hits in 2 boxes I'm not the only one missing a hit. As there are no ratios printed on the packs I doubt I could complain much, even if I had proof.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wish I could, I dumped the wrappers and the box. I didn't even keep the number because I didn't know I was short a hit. Now I have nothing to show them if I wanted to contact Inkworks.

Also if allender got only 3 hits in 2 boxes I'm not the only one missing a hit. As there are no ratios printed on the packs I doubt I could complain much, even if I had proof.

I busted 3 cases and got 61 hits. One box had only one hit, but two others had three. The ratio is mentioned by a very reliable source on The SPIRIT thread. I also seem to recall seeing something official somewhere, but can't for the life of me think where.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Arvin Sloane,

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also seem to recall seeing something official somewhere, but can't for the life of me think where.

Here...

https://www.inkworkscards.com/offer/spirit/offerform.html

The Spirit Trading Cards
Factory Sealed Display Box
24 Packs

$69.00

Please Note:
Sealed Display Boxes Are Guaranteed To Include At Least One 72-Card Base Collection
And Randomly Inserted Bonus Cards Including 2 of 3 Different Specialty Cards - An Autograph Card, A Pieceworks Costume Card, Or A One-of-A-Kind Sketch Card.

Email them Raven... it doesn't hurt to try. Wink

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the break from my one box:

-2 base sets, 19 extras
-1 autograph redemption (why redemptions?): Paz Vega
-2 Spirit of the City: SC.4 and SC.5
-1 Good Guys, Bad Guys : GB.5
-1 My City Screams: MC.1
-0 Sketch cards
-0 Pieceworks cards

So my box only yielded 1/3 Big Hits as well. Frown

Posts: 89 | Location: Williamstown, WV 26187 | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is unlike Inkworks to have so many mis-collated boxes.

Posts: 159 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I sent an e-mail to Inkworks today regarding the missing "big hit" in my box; I'll let you know how they respond.

Posts: 89 | Location: Williamstown, WV 26187 | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great company! I have already received a reply:

Hi Jay,

You have heard correctly. Which would you prefer: a randomly-selected sketch, or a randomly-selected Pieceworks card?

Sincerely,

Sue Lake
Consumer Relations

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
OK guys, you convinced me. I'll email them about my missing hit and let you know if I get a reply. Honestly I think it would be above-and-beyond if they honored anything in my case.

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK guys, you convinced me. I'll email them about my missing hit and let you know if I get a reply. Honestly I think it would be above-and-beyond if they honored anything in my case.

Good for you Raven... and good luck! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I emailed Inkworks regarding my box with just the one piecework card and I got a reply the same day. Customer service asked when and where I bought it and what was my address. I got a second email thanking me and saying I would be mailed a sketch or autograph card.

I am really quite impressed that Inkworks would extend itself in that way for a customer who didn't even have the box number to show. It doesn't matter if I get the most common card they made, that they would honor their guarantee in this manner is terrific and I appreciate it.

Thanks Arvin, Jay and Redemption for the advice and thanks to Inkworks. Thumb Up

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
That's awesome Raven! Dance

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Always good to hear a success story!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I am always please with Inkworks's customer service. Some big companies should take the example of Inkworks best practices in that field!

Just my 2 cents :-)

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Sue ROCKS! Metal

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post