Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
The Spirit (Inkworks)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/4321085113

December 25, 2008, 06:41 PM
Raven
The Spirit (Inkworks)
Broke one box, odds of pulling autograph, sketch or piecework cards not indicated.

I got:
2 full sets
19 extra cards

Inserts:
SC.1 and SC.9 - 2 Spirit of the City cards
MC.3 - 1 My City Screams card
Gb.4 - 1 Good Guys, Bad Guys card
PW.3B- 1 Pieceworks Samuel L. Jackson Pimp Coat

Seems like it came as advertised. I guess there is only one autograph, sketch or costume per box if mine is the norm.

It has been reported that for some reason all 7 autographs are mail-in redemptions, but I didn't get one anyway Frown so it makes no difference Smile.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,
December 28, 2008, 01:59 AM
Arvin Sloane
You should have gotten 2 of the 3 big hits in a box.
December 29, 2008, 10:31 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:

I guess by 2 of 3 big hits you mean an autograph redemption, costume piecework or sketch card.

There are no ratios stated for those inserts so, since I got only the coat piecework, I figured it was one hit per box. If it should have been two I didn't do very good. Shake Head
December 30, 2008, 01:09 AM
Arvin Sloane
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

I guess by 2 of 3 big hits you mean an autograph redemption, costume piecework or sketch card.

There are no ratios stated for those inserts so, since I got only the coat piecework, I figured it was one hit per box. If it should have been two I didn't do very good. Shake Head

That's correct. You should have gotten two hits per box. A simple email to Inkworks should do the trick.
January 01, 2009, 10:58 AM
allender
Two boxes for me, and I only found 3 big hits in 2 boxes. Boxes are 24 packs of 7 cards each, 10 boxes per case. Expect approximately 2.25 base sets of 72 if collation were perfect. I like the partnership with Denis Kitchen for the "Will Eisner Classic" subset of base cards, related to the 1995 comic-related boxed set published by Kitchen Sink.

BOX 1

Base cards (72): 2 complete sets, 17 extras
Spirit of the City puzzle cards (9, 1:11 packs): SC.3 SC.4
Good Guys, Bad Guys foil cards (6, 1:17 packs): GB.5
My City Screams foil cards (3, 1:24 packs): MC.3
Autograph Redemption AR-1B for A-7 Jackson (1, 1: >1500 packs): none
Autograph Redemption AR-1 for A-1 through A-6 (6, approx. 1:48 packs): none
Pieceworks Costume Cards (11, approx. 1:36 packs): PW.7, Ellen's coat
Artist Sketch Cards (24, approx. 1:28 packs): SK-7, Tess Fowler

BOX 2

Base cards (72): 2 complete sets, 20 extras
Spirit of the City puzzle cards (9, 1:11 packs): SC.1 SC.2
Good Guys, Bad Guys foil cards (6, 1:17 packs): GB.3
My City Screams foil cards (3, 1:24 packs): MC.1
Autograph Redemption AR-1B for A-7 Jackson (1, 1: >1500 packs): none
Autograph Redemption AR-1 for A-1 through A-6 (6, approx. 1:48 packs): A-3, Sarah Paulson as Ellen Dolan
Pieceworks Costume Cards (11, approx. 1:36 packs): none
Artist Sketch Cards (24, approx. 1:28 packs): none

January 01, 2009, 01:53 PM
MILLHOUSE
Hi allender do you have any single base cards i need the following to finish my base set

4/6/7/14/21/25/27/39/42/43/44/45/48/53/63/69 and 71

thanks alot

millhouse
January 01, 2009, 10:59 PM
Raven
quote:
That's correct. You should have gotten two hits per box. A simple email to Inkworks should do the trick.

Wish I could, I dumped the wrappers and the box. I didn't even keep the number because I didn't know I was short a hit. Now I have nothing to show them if I wanted to contact Inkworks.

Also if allender got only 3 hits in 2 boxes I'm not the only one missing a hit. As there are no ratios printed on the packs I doubt I could complain much, even if I had proof.
January 02, 2009, 12:29 AM
Arvin Sloane
quote:
quote:

Wish I could, I dumped the wrappers and the box. I didn't even keep the number because I didn't know I was short a hit. Now I have nothing to show them if I wanted to contact Inkworks.

Also if allender got only 3 hits in 2 boxes I'm not the only one missing a hit. As there are no ratios printed on the packs I doubt I could complain much, even if I had proof.

I busted 3 cases and got 61 hits. One box had only one hit, but two others had three. The ratio is mentioned by a very reliable source on The SPIRIT thread. I also seem to recall seeing something official somewhere, but can't for the life of me think where.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Arvin Sloane,
January 02, 2009, 01:22 AM
Redemption
quote:
I also seem to recall seeing something official somewhere, but can't for the life of me think where.

Here...

https://www.inkworkscards.com/offer/spirit/offerform.html

The Spirit Trading Cards
Factory Sealed Display Box
24 Packs

$69.00

Please Note:
Sealed Display Boxes Are Guaranteed To Include At Least One 72-Card Base Collection
And Randomly Inserted Bonus Cards Including 2 of 3 Different Specialty Cards - An Autograph Card, A Pieceworks Costume Card, Or A One-of-A-Kind Sketch Card.

Email them Raven... it doesn't hurt to try. Wink

January 03, 2009, 11:42 PM
Jay
Here's the break from my one box:

-2 base sets, 19 extras
-1 autograph redemption (why redemptions?): Paz Vega
-2 Spirit of the City: SC.4 and SC.5
-1 Good Guys, Bad Guys : GB.5
-1 My City Screams: MC.1
-0 Sketch cards
-0 Pieceworks cards

So my box only yielded 1/3 Big Hits as well. Frown
January 05, 2009, 07:44 AM
ScottSummers
This is unlike Inkworks to have so many mis-collated boxes.
January 05, 2009, 05:24 PM
Jay
I sent an e-mail to Inkworks today regarding the missing "big hit" in my box; I'll let you know how they respond.
January 05, 2009, 08:58 PM
Jay
What a great company! I have already received a reply:

Hi Jay,

You have heard correctly. Which would you prefer: a randomly-selected sketch, or a randomly-selected Pieceworks card?

Sincerely,

Sue Lake
Consumer Relations
January 05, 2009, 09:05 PM
Raven
OK guys, you convinced me. I'll email them about my missing hit and let you know if I get a reply. Honestly I think it would be above-and-beyond if they honored anything in my case.
January 05, 2009, 09:22 PM
Redemption
quote:
OK guys, you convinced me. I'll email them about my missing hit and let you know if I get a reply. Honestly I think it would be above-and-beyond if they honored anything in my case.

Good for you Raven... and good luck! Thumb Up

January 07, 2009, 10:30 PM
Raven
Well when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I emailed Inkworks regarding my box with just the one piecework card and I got a reply the same day. Customer service asked when and where I bought it and what was my address. I got a second email thanking me and saying I would be mailed a sketch or autograph card.

I am really quite impressed that Inkworks would extend itself in that way for a customer who didn't even have the box number to show. It doesn't matter if I get the most common card they made, that they would honor their guarantee in this manner is terrific and I appreciate it.

Thanks Arvin, Jay and Redemption for the advice and thanks to Inkworks. Thumb Up
January 07, 2009, 10:46 PM
Redemption
That's awesome Raven! Dance

January 08, 2009, 03:34 PM
mintoncard
Always good to hear a success story!
January 08, 2009, 04:21 PM
archifou
I am always please with Inkworks's customer service. Some big companies should take the example of Inkworks best practices in that field!

Just my 2 cents :-)
January 08, 2009, 06:07 PM
igman7
Sue ROCKS! Metal