Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Great sketches! Liking the Gandalf.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is my first sketch ever does anyone know who the artist is?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: samjoey,

Posts: 1 | Location: USA | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
What a way to start - that is a fabulous sketch.

Is the squiggle near bottom left a signature or part of the drawing? If a signature, can yoy do a larger scan of that part?

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katie Cook
posted Hide Post
i'd guess it's a goodmanson :-) great card!

Posts: 14 | Location: ann arbor, mi | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Soooo...my parents, on their random travels, found a card and collectables shop with a bunch of random sealed boxes. One of them was a box of Lord of the Rings Masterpieces...a hobby box! They bought it for me (yay!) for $80, and gave it to me when I went up to Massachusetts to visit them.

I was super excited to begin with, but when I opened pack #5 and pulled a Katie Cook sketch, that was the best feeling ever. Here are pics of my two sketch pulls:

Nothing worth millions, but I'm absolutely in love with my tavern kitty. I also got two complete base sets, and the collation of the foil and etched foil sets were perfect...a full set of each. I don't know if that's unusual or not, since I've never been lucky enough to get a box of this before. But it was still exciting. I even scored a Legolas bronze foil. Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Fantastic pulls!

One day I hope to have a Katie Cook sketch....one day.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Awesome Katie Cook, Ariana!! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Smile I've never had the opportunity to pull one of her sketches (never bought Star Wars because of the rare odds of even getting a sketch from one box, or DC Legacy because I'm not too into comics), but she's by far and away my favorite artist. Despite the fact I pretty much only go for her color sketches, this one is never leaving my collection. Ever. lol.

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rectz
posted Hide Post
i was lucky to find a box.. ive always like sketches.. and i was glad i bought this box...
these are my second and third sketches EVER..
my first was from heroes by lord mesa of claire.

bronze parallel : gimli
etched foil: full set of 6
foil set : full set of 9

my first sketch i loved..

robert taranishi 1:89 .. 1 of 1600

my second sketch was incredible..

LEAH MANGUE !! 1:248.. 1 of 856

thank you for looking..

Posts: 64 | Location: vancouver/b.c./canada | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
Picked up 6 packs today and pulled:

- Silver Foil #3 & #6
- Etched Foil #1 & #2
- Christian Dalla Vecchia Arwen Sketch!

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
opened a box today got a full base set full sets of both foils. and these two sketches

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Here are the 'highlight sketches' (including one of our best pulls ever!) from our latest 8-box hobby case split:

Chris Henderson- Frodo
Randy Siplon- Frodo
David Rabbitte- Frodo/Spider
Alex Buechel- Pippen
Rich Woodhall- Gollum
Christian Dalla Vecchia- Gandalf
Mark Propst- Arwen
Jason Keith Phillips- Aragorn
David Fabbri- Knight

Renae De Liz- Frodo in Tree!!!

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img296/lotr2renaedelizfrodointou4.jpg/1/][IMG]

Posts: 19 | Location: South Bay, CA | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Great pulls. You got quite a few excellent Frodos in that case!

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Had some LCS credit and couldnt really decide what I wanted so I broke down and got a box-

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HIM:
Had some LCS credit and couldnt really decide what I wanted so I broke down and got a box-
/QUOTE]

Very nice, especially the Rabbitte. I wish I could find these boxes again. I don't usually buy sketch card product, but a lot of the artwork in LOTR Masterpieces was really outstanding. I busted quite a few boxes when it came out and got some of my favorite sketches. The downside was pulling one of the W/W boys "efforts", those were just awful.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Very nice, especially the Rabbitte. I wish I could find these boxes again. I don't usually buy sketch card product, but a lot of the artwork in LOTR Masterpieces was really outstanding. I busted quite a few boxes when it came out and got some of my favorite sketches. The downside was pulling one of the W/W boys "efforts", those were just awful.

Believe it or not that box had been sitting there for a few years and I had been eyeballing it for 1 or 2 and held off for that very reason. Too bad its so far gone that I cant get decent price comparison to know what values to put on them for trade purposes.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This set is so far gone that it's a challenge to know if people even still have the old cards in their collections, but if anyone does and is looking to trade or sell, post up here.

My full collection can be seen here if looking for trade bait (it doesnt anchor perfectly, tab down until you see the Ahmed posts for the Alphabetical starting point)

My LOTR Sketch Collection

Posts: 1 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry to bring this back from the grave, but if anyone is happening through this thread now or in the future and has any Gold foils from Masterpieces 1, please PM me or reply here. Thank you. Smile

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post