Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Could anyone give me a clue as to who drew this please?

That would be a wonderfull Leah Mangue Wink

To find our long-forgotten gold.

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, and it might not jump out at people when they visit the lotrsketchcards.com website, but MarleyEds posted a Signature Identification Page.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
My box from the ebay place arrived today and here is what I gots

90 Card Base Set (x 2)

Etched-Foil Puzzle Card Set (6 Cards)

Foil Art Card Set (1:4 packs)
1 of 9 (Aragorn)
2 of 9 (Legolas)
3 of 9 (Gimli) (x 2)
4 of 9 (Gandalf) (x 2)
5 of 9 (Frodo)
6 of 9 (Sam)
7 of 9 (Pippin)

Bronze Parallel Foil Art Cards (1:36 packs)
3 of 9 (Gimli)

LEVEL C (1:122 packs, approx. 1:1830 packs each)
Patrick Hamill (206)

LEVEL I (1:59 packs, approx. 1:177 packs each)
Howard Shum (1000) - 941

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Master,

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the id Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys didn't honestly think my Kayanan Mojo had run out did you? The official count is 11 Wink And I am still a little dizzy from screaming like a little girl, and I may have we myself a little Smile Anyways, here is about 2 1/3 cases, will finish opening a little later, after I have gathered myself Smile I know you all hate me Frown

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Zack Attack Eek

Would that mean that all of them have been found?

Congats Zach Thumb Up

To find our long-forgotten gold.

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Zach is officially a freak! Thumb Up

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Pics of my recent pulls.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Yes Zach we all HATE you Big Grin. Seriously WELL DONE. Are you keeping or Selling?????

Master well done too Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
Hey congratulations Zach!
Your love and dedication to all things LOTR and your appreciation for all the artists and what they really put into these cards...has been paid back in Kayanan-Karma! You deserve it!

...my iMac OS9.2 has had MAJOR problems logging onto this site for the past month or so...the screen would blink about a hundred times while loading each and every page...was so time consuming I just couldn't get to reading everything and still get to my job! But with some time off this Thanksgiving weekend, I figured I should read every page of this thread and see everyone's great pulls! Also, I wanted to see if any of my sketch cards were pulled and NOT sold on Ebay as I'm trying to track down where they've all 'migrated' to around the globe.

Thanks for all the kind words...
1. DragonCrypt...can't believe you pulled that spooky Green Marsh Ghost card on Halloween...so many of my cards have wound up in Canada...to both stores and to awesome collectors via Ebay...glad you love it!
2. Venom5liter...I remember you posted that color Balrog on Scoundrel...I'm glad it's part of your collection.
3. TripleFrog...I love that card...it's really not Faramir...it's the guard that took the first arrow in that attack...an honorable death just before the moment that ragged Uruk-Hai arrow pierces his vest armor. Glad it's yours!
4. Allender-I wondered while I drew single individual hair what the reaction would be to pulling that hairy Warhog...certainly not as beautiful as an Arwen, Eowyn or Galadriel...but for a creature of demonic power, he's a brillant creation by Tolkien and Weta! Keep him well groomed!
5. Tangent...Jen...glad you pulled that Kayanan and congratulations! FYI...I did 9 cards related to the Frodo/Gollum struggle on the cliff over the lava flows of Mount Doom...4 in color with the hands of Frodo and Gollum UP in the air...and one black and white...and 3 in color with their hands LOWERED...and one in black and white...and each are numbered by a series of small dots under the L part of the LB diamond sig...again, congrats on the Kayanan!!!

...if I've left anyone out, please PM me about the whereabouts of any of my sketch cards...hope you all get to pull the cards of your dreams!...and even though all 6 Kayanans have been pulled...Russell Walks cards are almost as rare! Eek

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
ocdlotr

I have a question...who are you?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
ocdlotr = Len Bellinger Big Grin

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
5. Tangent...Jen...glad you pulled that Kayanan and congratulations! FYI...I did 9 cards related to the Frodo/Gollum struggle on the cliff over the lava flows of Mount Doom...4 in color with the hands of Frodo and Gollum UP in the air...and one black and white...and 3 in color with their hands LOWERED...and one in black and white...and each are numbered by a series of small dots under the L part of the LB diamond sig...again, congrats on the Kayanan!!!

Thanks Len for the info and congrats. If you are trying to track individually these 9, i just checked mine. It has hands lowered and 2 dots. Scan is here on my site if that helps. I was very happy to get it, I love your sketches.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was very happy to get it, I love your sketches.

Thanks Jen...wow what a great batch of cards you have...and I noticed that a lot of those cards I LOST ON EBAY as the second highest bidder...and now I know who beat me out! drats!

I'm glad they went to a great collection like yours. Where's the Kayanan headed? Confused

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm glad they went to a great collection like yours. Where's the Kayanan headed?

Unfortunately, I am going to sell it as I have bought, rather than pulled, a large number of my sketch collection (and those second highest bidders are really costing me Wink).

I'm glad you like my collection. I appreciate the artistic skill involved in the portrait sketches and have some I really like. However, I prefer scenes or at least full character with equipment, as they are more about the movie and the portraits are more about the particular actor (to me anyway). As the scene sketches are far less common, I find there's always a lot of competition so the collection has taken a while to build.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samauto:
ocdlotr = Len Bellinger Big Grin

thanks for the info

posted Hide Post
Just to confirm I saw both the Kayanan's I mentioned in my previous post at Memorabilia this weekend. Very nice they are too. Even more impressive first hand than on a computer monitor. I even got to hold one of them. Unfortunately I didn't have my running shoes on, otherwise it would have been mine. Wink

Posts: 38 | Location: Nottingham, Uk | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QBall
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box at Memorabilia on Saturday and here's what I got:

1 base set
1 full set of Foil Art cards
1 full set of Etched Foil cards
1 Bronze Foil Parallel (#3 Gandalf)
2 Sketch cards - both were Level I (1:59) - a Christian Dalla Vecchia (Aragorn) & a Davide Fabbri (a Rohirrim)

Was hoping for a Colleen Doran sketch but I'm quite pleased with that lot.

Posts: 365 | Location: Up North, England | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to update that I received my unsigned DeLiz back (signed) and she told me that she was not pleased with the way my Arwen came out so she also included a little early Christmas gift! I can only tell you that the custom Arwen is even more fantastic in person than the scan reveals!!

A huge thanks again!

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased some more boxes and these two are the best sketches I pulled:

Any chance anyone knows where I can find the other half of the Graham sketch?

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post