Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Tangent

Love that Otis Frampton. Very unusual - really nice. Its funny, I went for all the goodies when Evolution came out and the Baddies when Masterpieces came out. Really weird, it's just the way things panned out.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Jen - Love the Harad sketch by Frampton. Well done pulling that sketch. I am sure it will make a fine addition to your collection. The Sohn Nazgul on horseback is also sweet. Good job.

How about a post of the other sketches?
Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paradoc
posted Hide Post
I've bought three more boxes randomly from that auction site over the past several weeks.
The first of these boxes several weeks ago had a gorgeous Oatney sketch of Pippin in his Gondorian helmet, and a Pronovost Warg sketch. Very nice box. Dance

The second of these contained a Shum guy in a Gondorian helm screaming, and .........
A Vanderstaldt Aragorn pencil sketch Elephant Elephant

The third (and possibly last) box I opened on Easter, as I just couldn't wait for OTB day. I got a Rice Orc and............
A Vanderstaldt King of the Dead pencil sketch! Elephant Dance Elephant Dance

Someday, I'm gonna figure out this scanner/posting thingie and get some of these up.
Till then, I'll just feel warm and tingly inside.

Bob

Posts: 373 | Location: Memphis, TN USA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
WOW Eek That's a great haul Bob.

BTW, I don't know which part of the pic posting process fails for you but if you do actually have a scanner, you can send me the jpg files and i will post them for you here.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
nice sounding sketches Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paradoc
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Jen, I can post the above cards and some of the previous best that I haven't yet been able to post. Enjoy!

[IMG]http://www.jbadham.biz/Cards/Images/LOTRMParadoc.jpg [/IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Paradoc,

Posts: 373 | Location: Memphis, TN USA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Okay, don't know why your post didn't show the pics. Here's another attempt. Note, these are Paradoc's cards not mine (and I am jealous Wink)

Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paradoc
posted Hide Post
Thanks again, Jen!
Bob

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches! Thumb Up

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I finally got around to opening a box of these and here's the results. I had got these for OTB day but they didn't arrive in time.

2 Base sets w/extras
Full set of Etched Foil Cards
Full set of Foil Art cards
Bronze Foil 2 of 9 (Legolas)

Sketches
Arwen by Darla Ecklund (level D) Luv You Thumb Up
Gandalf in ink by Roberto Flores (level F) Thumb Up

Extremely pleased with the results from my box. I'm in trouble now guys, I'm hooked Razz

Can somebody please tell me how to post pictures step by step? I would to show the sketches.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darth Vader Fan,

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
My recent pulls from 2 boxes

box 1

Persampieri & Hodges

box 2

Vecchia & this gold parallel

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pardon the pun but I think Master Struck Gold Wink
Hey Nice sketches everyone Smile
Thankyou for shareing Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
thanks Big Grin

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I just got 2 cases from a fellow collector needless to say I ripped them out of the Post guys hands and slammed the door and started ripping them open Smile Really great cases. And my dad cracked one of his last remaining cases over the weekend, and did really well as well. Smile Here are the best sheets from my 2 cases

And the case of my dad's (yes 2 great De Liz sketches!!!)

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
That Dillon Gollum on the first sheet is astounding! as is the Staggs!

A great couple of cases you had there! Also amazed that you could still find cases Smile

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Card Dude:
That Dillon Gollum on the first sheet is astounding! as is the Staggs!

A great couple of cases you had there! Also amazed that you could still find cases Smile

Ya, my dad stil has a few hiding somewhere in his house (I have yet to find them Smile ) And I bought these 2 cases from a board member here Smile

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have opened three eight-box cases and one extra box since these were released last year. I'd have posted sketch images long ago, but have avoided firing up my old Windows 98 computer with shot video card in order to use the scanner which my new computer will not recognize for lack of a Vista driver. (Thanks, Epson. Shake Head)

Here are my sketch cards from the second case I opened plus an extra single box I got off eBay. I believe this pre-ordered case was by far the best one of the three.

Jeff Chandler (Level B)
Steven Miller (B) Luv You my favorite
David Rabbitte (B)
Cat Staggs (C) 3! Dance
Walter Rice (C)
Allison Sohn (C) Drool nice color
Leah Mangue (G)
Katie Cook (H)
Sarah Wilkinson (G)
Davide Fabbri (I)
Christian Dalla Vecchia (I) 2
Howard Shum (I) 2

Extra Box:
Sarah Wilkinson (G)
Leah Mangue (G)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Voyager,

Posts: 8 | Location: Vermont | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK. I haven't mastered multiple images yet. Here is Part II.

Posts: 8 | Location: Vermont | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Part III

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
3 Cat sketches from one case Eek

While I got a nice full color Legolas Staggs from my case, I would have traded it in a heartbeat for those three.

Congrats!

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post