Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Just opened my case plus one box

The single box from LondonExpo gave me :-

6 Card etched foil set
9 Card foil art set
No. 4 of 9 Bronze parallel
Sketch - Fabbri
Sketch - Hodges

The case brought the following :-

Sketches:- (scans to follow later)

Fabbri x2 ( one Green Army of the dead )
Cook x2
Shum
Ecklund
Vecchia
Teranishi
Persampieri
Kyle
Graham
Flores
O'Neill
Goodmanson
Dieffenbach
Pronovost

All the images on the repeat artists were different

The Bronze parallels reaped :-

1 (x2), 2 (x2), 3, 5, 6, 7.

Gold Parallel 2 of 9 No. 53/99 Dance

and in the same case...

Gold Parallel 5 of 9 No. 24/99 Dance Elephant Dance

To say I am happy is an understatement. Question now is do I go for the set of Gold Parallels or sell/trade them?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmusey:
Just got my second box today. First box one was about as mediocre as possible. Two Roberto Flores Gandalf sketches (nearly the exact same card). Not Bad at all when you consider the artwork quality. So I order my second box two days later and it comes today. I open her up and am getting pretty nervous when I go through about 25 packs without a single sketch. Then I finally get a Katie Cook Gimli sketch that is quite amusing, but not quite a goldmine find. I am getting pretty anxious after that and open my last pack. I am elated to say that it was Cat Staggs's sketch with Eowyn weeping over Theoden's dying body. Absolutely GORGEOUS!

I am extremely new to this hobby and because of this find, it is whetting my appetite to continue purchasing the masterpiece set. I cannot thank the artists enough for doing this set. I am a lifetime LOTR fan and this is a refreshing new collecting opportunity for all of us. THANKS!

Absolutely beautiful. Congrats.

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a case I cracked, I usually just bunch them all together for the highlights, but this was a great case, so I wanted to share its full contents Smile

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And some other highlights

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another great case, so I kept is seperate:

posted Hide Post
And here is another great case that we opened, with 9 of the best cards:

posted Hide Post
nd just some nice cards that we pulled out of a few other cases:

posted Hide Post
Ok, here are some of my favorite Fabbri and Dalla Vecchia cards from the boxes I opened.

And I just love the Green Army of dead cards, and they are all different so far!!!

posted Hide Post
And 2 more cases, and very happy with the De Liz Arwen, and the De Liz/ Brent Engstrom card....not to mention some other gems Smile

posted Hide Post
Don't say I never gave you guys good cards too look at Smile Sorry about hitting them all at once, too many great ones to really comment on Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great selection of cards ztaylork.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Wow ztaylork those are amazing. I love the second to last one, now THAT is a masterpiece!

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ27UK:
Great selection of cards ztaylork.

I presume you mean this one:

And ya, it was a really fun one to open, and a true masterpiece!!!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Just opened my case plus one box

The single box from LondonExpo gave me :-

6 Card etched foil set
9 Card foil art set
No. 4 of 9 Bronze parallel
Sketch - Fabbri
Sketch - Hodges

The case brought the following :-

Sketches:- (scans to follow later)

Fabbri x2 ( one Green Army of the dead )
Cook x2
Shum
Ecklund
Vecchia
Teranishi
Persampieri
Kyle
Graham
Flores
O'Neill
Goodmanson
Dieffenbach
Pronovost

All the images on the repeat artists were different

The Bronze parallels reaped :-

1 (x2), 2 (x2), 3, 5, 6, 7.

Gold Parallel 2 of 9 No. 53/99 Dance

and in the same case...

Gold Parallel 5 of 9 No. 24/99 Dance Elephant Dance

To say I am happy is an understatement. Question now is do I go for the set of Gold Parallels or sell/trade them?

nice one mate Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Just opened a half case (shared with a fellow Card Talk member). This was my first time getting sketch cards in boxes, so I wasn't sure of what to expect. Here's what I got from my half:

Chase Sets:
6 card Etched-Foil set
9 card Foil Art Card set
3 card Bronze Parallel Foil Art cards (#4, #7 and #9)
1 card Gold Parallel Foil Art Card #7 of 9 (65/99)

Sketches:
Darla Ecklund (Aragon half-hidden behind sword)
Christian Dalla Vecchia (Orc)
Sarah Wilkinson (Sauron)
Roberto Flores (Gandalf)
Jess Hickman (Smeagol - I think)
Leah Mangue (Elrond)
Michael Duron (Frodo)
Davide Fabbri (Green Army of the Dead soldier)

I was very pleased with the range of art styles in my boxes, with a good mix of realistic and stylistic sketches. If any of the artists are on here, thanks! Good work indeed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Thush,

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gofmauleg:
Amy Pronovost, did I identified that character correctly? I wasn't sure if that was Faramir or Aragorn. Thanks for your help!

That is indeed Faramir Smile And the best faramir I drew, I believe Big Grin

Posts: 138 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty Ewok:
That is indeed Faramir Smile And the best faramir I drew, I believe Big Grin

Thanks for the confirmation Amy! Thumb Up It's cool Faramir. Smile

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Master Yoda
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box today, here is what I got....

Aragon by Matthew Goodmanson, and Uruk Hai by Roberto Flores

Posts: 41 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Case Break

I got 2 base sets per box,only 6 foil sets,7 art sets,9 bronze and no gold paralells.

Box 1 Waterhouse Orc
Teranishi Uruk Hai

Box 2 Waterhouse Orc different design
Teranishi Uruk Hai different design

At this point and in view of some earlier comments I made about collation of the sketches I was getting a little worried.

Box 3 Fabbri Sauron
Booth Legolas

Box 4 Manque Mouth of Sauron?
Wilkinson Merry

Box 5 Renae De Liz Elephant Aragorn beheading Uruk Hai nice orangey yellow colour.Its pictured on the sketchcards website ninth row down on the left.
Howard Arwen Luv You

Box 6 Graham Gollum half of face
Goodmandson Gondor soldier

Box 7 Hodges Frodo holding up elven lightwith what looks like on of Shelobs legs above.
Doran Eowyn

Box 8 Shum Eowyn number 263
Bellinger Faramir Dance looking through an arched window at the siege of Osgiliath.Done in a cool blue background simulating moonlight.Also just noticed the tip of an arrow on the right hand side that appears to be heading towards Faramir.

Overall a very good break with at least one sketch from every level except A.The Bellinger and De Liz are amazing but all the cards show exceptional talent and many varied styles Thumb Up .

Now I just have to find the other half of that Gollum sketch by Graham Roll Eyes .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Here's my breakdown:

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post