Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Awesome pulls! Thumb Up

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
From one of my Chris Henderson grab bags, I got an unused sample of a Sam sketchcard of his that was intended for this set. I didn't get these when they came out (don't ask me why)and thought I'd missed out. However, on a family day out yesterday I stumbled across a store that had an opened box with 27 packs left in it, so I thought I'd try my luck just to see what I'd get, and.....

1 full base set & spares

All 6 Kayanan etched foil puzzle cards

All 9 silver Foil Art Cards

1 Howard Shun sketch of Gandalf

1 Mike Oeming sketch of Gimli

Dance

Images as soon as scanner arrives.

Makes me wonder what was in the other 9 packs! Confused

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the great finds justm.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Victory_is_Mine!!
posted Hide Post
I opened my last box I had been sitting on out of boredom this afternoon. There was nothing spectacular until I noticed one of my art cards was different looking than the others I had seen. Foil is of Gimli card #3. Image is of the 1/1 logo on the back.

The other odd thing about this box is that of the foil cards that were in this box, 6 of them were of Gandalf, including the gold.

Posts: 86 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Aren't you glad you were bored and decided to open it!WOW!! Big Grin

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Victory_is_Mine!!
posted Hide Post
You know, it seems that over the years, when I have been just killing time, not really looking for anything, that is when I have pulled some of the best cards in my collection.

Posts: 86 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the awesome pull! I guess that Victory really is yours!

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Picked up this box yesterday when i picked up my SW30th case

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Those are great sketches Luzndave.

Hope you have the same success with your Star Wars case. Smile

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
Those are great sketches Luzndave.

Hope you have the same success with your Star Wars case. Smile

My luck was even better than this box on the SW case.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
As promised here are my sketch card pulls:

Howard Shun - Gandalf

Mike Oeming - Gimli

Currently away on holiday.
Back in almost 2 weeks!

Bye everyone. Keep well.

Wave

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Fabulous sketches LUZNDAVE! Clap

justm, nice sketch cards. Have a wonderful holiday! Wave

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Sheep nice sketches!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the sketch cards from another case that I opened a few months after the set was released last year. Two cases I had pre-ordered both had 8 sketches from Levels B & C. This case was purchased later and has only 6 sketches from Levels B & C, but I did pull an extra 17th sketch from the 8-box case. Part I:

David Rabbitte (B)
Steve Oatney (B) Thumb Up Smoking pipe-weed?
Mary Huang (B)
Patrick Hamill (C)
Rich Molinelli (C)
Amy Pronovost (C)
Sarah Wilkinson (G)
Katie Cook (H)
Ryan Waterhouse (H)

Posts: 8 | Location: Vermont | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Case Results Part II:

Grant Gould (H) 2 deja vu
Robert Teranishi (I)
Davide Fabbri (I) 2
Christian Dalla Vecchia (I)
Howard Shum (I) 2

Posts: 8 | Location: Vermont | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!! You have some real treasures there. Sheep

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed Voyager! Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
nice ones Thumb Up

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Was desperate to bust some quality wax and with the prices of Star Wars 30th just to high decided to take a shot at a box of LOTR Masterpieces.
The box arrived today and my wife and I immediately busted it Big Grin
We pulled the following:
1 Bronze parallel
9 Foil paralles, missing 2 and 7 for a set
1 Complete set of etched foils
2 sketch cards
For someone who did 2500 sketches for this set. The cards that I've seen by Davide Fabbri are pretty nice. While none of the ones I've seen are earth shaking, you won't feel cheated by pulling one. Today's pull is a prime example.

The exact opposite can be said for Ryan Waterhouse. He did 1000 sketches for this set and the majority of the ones I've seen were stinkers! That includes two orcs/goblins/urak- hai or whatever they were that I originaly pulled from this set. The card I pulled today seems to be one of his better ones. A very NICE Gandalf.
[EMAIL] [/EMAIL]

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Agreed, Fabbri really put a lot of effort into his sketches. I pulled a couple myself and would never think of parting with them! Nice sketches, BTW, Arvin Sloan!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post