Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prospect5k:
Just picked-up two boxes from Ed at the Comic Book Show in Livonia.
Box 1 Sketches were Sean Pence and Unknown

The unknown would be Jessica Hickman, a level F.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Went to the shops and got 16 packs and pulled a coloured Sketch card by John Ocampo of the Cave Troll
Well Happy Elephant Elephant Elephant

Millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OOPPSS
Spelt his Name wrong.... Its Jon Ocampo

Millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Got three more boxes. Remain unimpressed *sigh*

Booth (*don't know)
Wilkinson Orc
Dalla Vecchia (*don't know)\
Dalla Vecchia Gimli (both Dalla Vecchia's were in the same box *sigh*)
Gould Orc
Shum Girl with very pointy nose

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally picked up a box of this.

1 Complete Base Set
1 Set of Etched Foil Cards
1 Set of Silver Foil Cards
1 Bronze Foil Card
And my two sketches were from Sean Pence and Jessica Hickman just like one of the box breaks above. The Hickman is a pencil sketch of the One Ring. I was a little worried when I got to the last pack and I had only pulled one sketch, then I pulled this,

Dance Needless to say I was ecstatic. Might have to get another box of this.

Posts: 31 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: September 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Okay - I am extraordinarily happy. Bouncey I bought a third case because I really wanted to pull a 'wow' sketch and I didn't think my bad luck could continue. So, my new case delivered 15 sketches by 15 different artists. At this point, I had already decided the case brought up my average sufficiently for me to feel good about the series. The sketches are (scans will be on my website in the next day or so):
Pence (C): Gollum Thumb Up
Hickman (F): Nazgul
Goodmanson (F): Sauron
Graham (E): Witchking (flecks of red blood splatter) Thumb Up
Flores (F): Lurtz
Gutierrez (D): Troll (white shading)
Teranishi (H): Troll
Gould (H): Troll
Cook (H): Cave troll
Dillon (C): Frodo (white highlights) Thumb Up
Zsolnai (B): Legolas Bouncey
Bellinger (B): Frodo and Gollum fighting on cliff over lava (black silhouette with red background) Bouncey
Engstrom (C): Gollum leaping Clap
Denmark (B): Treebeard Thumb Up
Ramos (B): Aragorn Thumb Up

After this wonderful haul, I was just thinking to myself that I still hadn't pulled a gold foil and then got one of the Kayanan original art cards Dance. It is the artwork for foil 5 (Aragorn). Needless to say, I never thought I would have a chance for one of these.

Jen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
About time, Jen! Thumb Up Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
so that makes 2 out of 6 found as far as i know.

Good Job!

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure that there have been three Kayanans found, but I could be wrong. I also think there have been 3 of the refractors found Hobbits- Frodo, Merry and Pippin. Anyone know of any more?

Congratulations Jen! Clap

Cheers, Pete.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
...And one of each of the rare cards (Kayanans and Refractors) were pulled in Australia!

Pete.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Scans are up for my great and exciting case: here

Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:

Jen

Congrat tangent on the original Kayanans.

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on some great pulls!
Especially the Kayanan.

I mentioned in the news section a week or so ago that two other Kayanan's had been found in UK. The dealer I got my cases from pulled one and one of his customers found one. So I think we're upto five or possibly all six now.

Posts: 38 | Location: Nottingham, Uk | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Almath:
Congrats on some great pulls!
Especially the Kayanan.

I mentioned in the news section a week or so ago that two other Kayanan's had been found in UK. The dealer I got my cases from pulled one and one of his customers found one. So I think we're upto five or possibly all six now.

Almath, can you tell us which Kayanan your dealer pulled and which one his customer pulled? Thanks.

Posts: 28 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will see him at Memorabilia this weekend so will confirm then.

Posts: 38 | Location: Nottingham, Uk | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:

Jen

That kind of pull always deserves a big CONGRAT'S Drool

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
so then if most have been pulled who is going to assemble the set of 6?

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Master:
so then if most have been pulled who is going to assemble the set of 6?

Probably the one with the most $$$$$ Eek

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Probably the one with the most $$$$$

So, I should wait til they've bought the other 5 before selling them mine Wink

Seriously, thanks for all the congratulations.

cheers, Jen

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Massive congratulations Jen! Extraordinary find Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post