Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well done on the sketch & well done to Topps as well

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi guys my name is Tess Fowler. I was browsing google for my name and came across this thread. One of the cards I got back was part of a tryptic of the Fellowship. The one that Raj has displayed the middle card from. I gave it to my mother as a gift, and she found the other piece on EBAY. She has been scouring the net to find the missing middle piece. And has also become a collector in the process. If anyone here can get back to me on where Raj's card has gotten off to I would be willing ot trade or pay to get it. Please e-mail me at cailin_app@yahoo.com with more information. Remember, it's for my mom. So this is an important mission!! Love,
Tess Fowler

Posts: 3 | Location: LA | Registered: March 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
Hey...good luck Tess Thumb Up

By the way, your work in Masterpieces was really terrific...I've managed to acquire a beautiful Arwen, your black and white 'One Ring' in the rain, and a great color look down at a Hobbit's lower half with those infamous Hobbit feet in all their glory! Dance

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Ok here are a couple more sketches from boxes I opened recently. I need help with names too, thanks.

Gould - "Balrog"

Shum -

Teranishi -

Vecchia -

Vecchia -

Waterhouse -

Oh, Hi Tess. Fancy seeing you here.

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Well it took me a while but I just cracked half the boxes in my first case. Here's a look at what I pulled. Got 2 Vecchia's, 2 Fabbri's, 1 Shum, 1 Ecklund, 1 Teranishi and 1 Myler. Enjoy!
Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well it took me a while but I just cracked half the boxes in my first case. Here's a look at what I pulled. Got 2 Vecchia's, 2 Fabbri's, 1 Shum, 1 Ecklund, 1 Teranishi and 1 Myler. Enjoy!

Pete - that's a great selection from your first 4 boxes. Fabbri and Dalla Vecchia did excellent work on many very different characters. That Teranishi is very unusual and that's the best Myler I've seen. Congrats, Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Cool looking Fabbri,esp the first one.
And an excellant Gandalf Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
yeah, you did something neat. you got the best examples of sketchs by 2 different artists. thats a home run and a half. that teranishi is so unreal good. That is literally his best sketch ive seen.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
quote:

Pete - that's a great selection from your first 4 boxes. Fabbri and Dalla Vecchia did excellent work on many very different characters. That Teranishi is very unusual and that's the best Myler I've seen. Congrats, Jen

Thanks Jen - Yes they both did excellent work. I've followed Fabbri's work from his SW Heritage days. The Teranishi is not only unusual its simply brilliant. I was speaking with ztaylork about this coloured sketch and he says he only did about 30-50 coloured renditions out of his complement of 1,000. I feel truly lucky to have pulled it. I was also thrilled to have pulled this Myler as Gandalf is one of my favourite characters. I think the scene of this Gandalf sketch is when he is in the Mines of Moria.
Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Spidergoblin - Yeah the Fabbri's are super cool and the Myler will make a sweet addition to my collection.

Zhamlau - I have been real lucky with my first four boxes. The Teranishi Arwen is absolutely stunning. You have to see the line work to believe it. Its awesome. I also like the subtleness of the Ecklund.

Cheers - Peter

Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
A terrific batch of cards 'slackjawedyokel'...especially love that Myler...PM me if you ever want to get rid of it...

The Teranishi is one of the finest cards I've seen him do...really beautiful expression and wonderful tone to the whole atmosphere of the portrait...terrific stuff...Congratulations...great pulls! Eek

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Spidergoblin - Yeah the Fabbri's are super cool and the Myler will make a sweet addition to my collection.

Zhamlau - I have been real lucky with my first four boxes. The Teranishi Arwen is absolutely stunning. You have to see the line work to believe it. Its awesome. I also like the subtleness of the Ecklund.

Cheers - Peter

thats worth any good sketch imo. thats as good as pulling a staggs. great job.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Awesome sketches there slackjawedyokel! Clap

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fabulous Sketches
Thanks for shareing Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK. I opened the other 4 boxes from my case last night. I must say I received some really good sketches. My first box was really good with the Pat Hamill Frodo and the clever Cook Gollum. I am not sure who the Aragorn is drawn by. Any help? Received another great fabbri card as well as the Ocampo Gandalf, Hodges Theoden and the eleven Warrior. In addition to these sketches one box contained 2 Bronze foils and 1 Gold Foil - a legolas numbered 34/99. Enjoy?
Cheers - Peter

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
That's a real nice Patdata you got there. I like the Cook too. I would have been pleased just to get the first box.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
cool cards everyoe!! just catching up to this thread adn great LOTR cards! i love the teranishi arwen of course, very unique-i dont think he did many arwens for both sets; the myler gandalf captures the tone and darkness in the mines- amazing!

and the aragorn is a boromir and is by collen doran! i love that sketch too!

take care.

Posts: 1 | Location: down south | Registered: August 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve J - Believe me i was very pleased with the first box. Those are two awesome cards. The Cook is really special since Gollum is my favourite Character from the Trilogy.

Dayhiker - Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the help with the artist for the Boromir sketch, Colleen Doran it is then. Great!

Cheers - Peter

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some fantastic Sketches

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I just opened another case - only 13 sketches but a couple of good ones.

The full breakdown is:
Duron - Witchking
Fabbri - Nazgul on horse (great sketch)
Fabbri - Gimli (another great sketch)
Frampton - Harad
Gould - Balrog x 2
Hodges - Elven warrior
Shum - Legolas
Shum - Arwen
Sohn - Nazgul on horse (pick of the bunch)
Teranishi - Orc?
Waterhouse - Unknown
Wilkinson - Orc

Scan of the unusual 3:

Individual scans will be up on my website in the next week or so.

Does anybody know if Topps are still honoring the 2 per box commitment or have they run out?

Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post