Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of naenae
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:
I just wanted to update that I received my unsigned DeLiz back (signed) and she told me that she was not pleased with the way my Arwen came out so she also included a little early Christmas gift! I can only tell you that the custom Arwen is even more fantastic in person than the scan reveals!!

A huge thanks again!

I'm very happy you liked it!! Smile Happy to do it. I just wish I could have given you a cooler Masterpieces card Razz

ComicSpace
http://www.comicspace.com/renaedeliz/
DeviantArt http://renaedeliz.deviantart.com/
MySpace http://www.myspace.com/renaedeliz
Golden Goat Studios http://renae.goldengoatstudios.com

Posts: 51 | Location: Salina, Kansas | Registered: December 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thats a perfectionist speaking.That card would grace anybody's collection Thumb Up .

As a general question to the artists were you only given a specific number of blank cards and could you ask for more if a card or cards did not turn out as you hoped?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of naenae
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Thats a perfectionist speaking.That card would grace anybody's collection Thumb Up .

As a general question to the artists were you only given a specific number of blank cards and could you ask for more if a card or cards did not turn out as you hoped?

hehe, yeah, you're right about being a perfectionist sometimes. Razz

As for your question, a lot depends on the card company. TOPPS gave me exactly the amount I was supposed to do, so there's no real room for error. But a few other card sets I've worked on sent quite a few extra blanks in case of mistakes. I have a feeling TOPPS would send an artist more cards if requested (when sent back the mistakes) but it's really quite a hassle, especially when working on a tight deadline Smile So with Masterpieces you pretty much have to get it right the first time or oh well! lol.

Hope that answers the question okay! Big Grin

ComicSpace
http://www.comicspace.com/renaedeliz/
DeviantArt http://renaedeliz.deviantart.com/
MySpace http://www.myspace.com/renaedeliz
Golden Goat Studios http://renae.goldengoatstudios.com

Posts: 51 | Location: Salina, Kansas | Registered: December 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Just pulled this sweet Jon Ocampo Sketch yesterday. It's available for trade if anyone wants it. Just drop me an email.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by naenae:
quote:
Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:
I just wanted to update that I received my unsigned DeLiz back (signed) and she told me that she was not pleased with the way my Arwen came out so she also included a little early Christmas gift! I can only tell you that the custom Arwen is even more fantastic in person than the scan reveals!!

A huge thanks again!

I'm very happy you liked it!! Smile Happy to do it. I just wish I could have given you a cooler Masterpieces card Razz

Renae - That lower Arwen is OUTSTANDING !!!

Keep up the great work.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samauto:
Just pulled this sweet Jon Ocampo Sketch yesterday. It's available for trade if anyone wants it. Just drop me an email.

Very Nice! Thumb Up

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hello csi dave what would you want for this sketch card let me know e-mail me at mattbowdery@btinternet.com

thanks millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MILLHOUSE:
hello csi dave what would you want for this sketch card let me know e-mail me at mattbowdery@btinternet.com

thanks millhouse

Its not my sketch I was just saying how nice it was....Oringinally posted by samauto

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gotham_Knight
posted Hide Post
Ive bought over a case and half now but i dont have a scanner right now and just managed to log back into non-sport after a long absence.

I bought two more boxes today usual bog standard chase cards,

Box 1
Bellinger full color of Gandalf on the back of the great eagle escaping from Isengard. Thumb Up
Plain Shum Legolas

Box 2
Cat Staggs Frodo sketch not color but still nice Wavey
Ray Dillon full color death of Boromir, its the second piece to the image below with Boromir in the boat. Clap

All in all not a bad couple of boxes Smile

Posts: 99 | Location: Scotland | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Box 1
Bellinger full color of Gandalf on the back of the great eagle escaping from Isengard.
Plain Shum Legolas

Box 2
Cat Staggs Frodo sketch not color but still nice
Ray Dillon full color death of Boromir, its the second piece to the image below with Boromir in the boat.

GREAT result, especially from a 2 box purchase.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well these were the 15 sketches in my second case :

Problem is that even spending a lot of time on the signature page I still don't know who/what some of these are - my best guesses are :

1 Jessica Hickman - Horn of Gondor ??
2 Roberto Flores ? - Gandalf
3 ? - Legolas ?
4 Jessica Hickman - Frodo
5 Tom Hodges - Orc ?
6 William O'Neill - Faramir
7 Lee Kohse - Witch King on Fell beast
8 Leah Mangue? - ?
9 Kevin Graham - Uruk Hai ( 1 of 2 )
10 Darla Ecklund ? - ?
11 ?? - Fell beast ?
12 Jim Kyle - The One Ring
13 Jason Keith Phillips - Aragorn or Boromir or ??
14 Howard Shum - Arwen ??
15 Kevin Graham - Witch King ( 2 of 2 )

Anyone else help ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dis68,

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
1 Jessica Hickman - Horn of Gondor ??
2 Roberto Flores ? - Gandalf
3 ? - Legolas ?
4 Jessica Hickman - Frodo
5 Tom Hodges - Orc ?
6 William O'Neill - Faramir
7 Lee Kohse - Witch King on Fell beast
8 Leah Mangue? - ?
9 Kevin Graham - Uruk Hai ( 1 of 2 )
10 Darla Ecklund ? - ?
11 ?? - Fell beast ?
12 Jim Kyle - The One Ring
13 Jason Keith Phillips - Aragorn or Boromir or ??
14 Howard Shum - Arwen ??
15 Kevin Graham - Witch King ( 2 of 2 )

1..correct
2 and 3 is Roberto Flores (first Legolas I've seen by him)
5 correct
10 Darla Ecklund - Legolas
8 and 11 are Matthew Goodmanson
13...I'd say Aragorn

Posts: 7 | Location: Illinois | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:

Thanks for all the kind words...
1. DragonCrypt...can't believe you pulled that spooky Green Marsh Ghost card on Halloween...so many of my cards have wound up in Canada...to both stores and to awesome collectors via Ebay...glad you love it!

Thanks Len for putting so much effort into all your cards! I love the cards you've done for this series. So much detail and effort into the cards and not just a few but a ton of them. I consider myself very lucky to be able to pull such a card considering the price that some of your cards go for on that auction site.

That's what I love about this set, so many artists putting so much effort into these sketches. I even love the more common ones. Thanks to all the artists who contributed to the set!

Here's to hoping Topps is planning a Star Wars version with this caliber of sketches! Wink

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
dis68 - very nice pulls. Not only a good range of quality artists, but also nice examples from those artists which should make it easy to trade if you want to. Those are 2 of the nicest Hickmans I have seen and I also haven't seen a Flores Legolas before. Goodmanson seems to me to be one of the underrated artists of this series, with lots of interesting characters.

All in all, a very nice collection. Let me know if you are wanting to trade. I am still looking for a Hickman.

Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dragoncrypt:
Thanks Len for putting so much effort into all your cards! I love the cards you've done for this series. So much detail and effort into the cards and not just a few but a ton of them. I consider myself very lucky to be able to pull such a card considering the price that some of your cards go for on that auction site.

That's what I love about this set, so many artists putting so much effort into these sketches. I even love the more common ones. Thanks to all the artists who contributed to the set!

Here's to hoping Topps is planning a Star Wars version with this caliber of sketches! Wink

Hey Dragon_Crypt...thanks again for the great compliment...it's collectors like you that made me want to really put my all into these cards...I really wanted to make cards that OCD people like me would enjoy pulling from packs...I'm glad it's in your collection...in fact quite a few of my cards have headed to the Great White North!

And Gotham_Knight...man, what a great 2 boxes you bought.
What are you going to do with that Dillon of Boromir in the boat...if you're selling it PM me a price and although I may not be able to afford it, I'd give it a consideration...Ray Dillon's pieces for this set are SPECTACULAR...his two panel pieces especially are so conceptually PERFECT...his Frodo in the Tree Reading coupled with his Collapse before the Eye Tower...and this Boromir two panel Death scenario and Boat Scene...really breathtaking...

I love that you pulled my Gandalf Escaping Isengard...

...let me know where it's headed in case you sell or trade it...just trying to keep track of where my cards may wind up...love the "from there and back again" traveling that they're doing...

...and I agree...I can't wait for a Star Wars sketch set like MASTERPIECES and I would be first in line to do another 150 sketch cards for such an Anniversary sketch card set...LOTR and SW are classic good vs evil themes that are so beautifully myth-oriented...and working from a 6 film epic like Star Wars would really produce some cool and hypnotic images...

...which brings me to the warmth and romance in each and every Renae DeLiz sketch card out there...from Evolution and Masterpieces...to her work in Avengers...Renae's work is...in a word...MAGICAL...and I can give no greater praise than to call everything she does...real ART! Her work really transcends the sketch card arena and I can't wait to get a spectacular Eowyn PSC that's she's done for me in my grubby Gollum-like hands...because...I'm a mad dog collector also...

...in fact...I've just completed getting at least one sketch card from the entire 67 artist Masterpieces ensemble...a Kayanan would have made it the MASTER 68 but I had no such luck with my cases...but I'm thrilled to have completed this collection (as well as the 47 artist Evolution group) as there can only be 21 complete collections like this out there with Russell Walks having only completed 21 spectacular portraits due to circumstances beyond his control...I'm really pleased and extremely broke!

Hope you all have a great buildup to the Holidays and stay in good health... Luv You Thumb Up Clap Wave

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:

...in fact...I've just completed getting at least one sketch card from the entire 67 artist Masterpieces ensemble...a Kayanan would have made it the MASTER 68 but I had no such luck with my cases...but I'm thrilled to have completed this collection (as well as the 47 artist Evolution group) as there can only be 21 complete collections like this out there with Russell Walks having only completed 21 spectacular portraits due to circumstances beyond his control...I'm really pleased and extremely broke!

:

Ocdlotr

Congratulations on your achievement. This has been a herculean type achievement. I am speechless. Clap

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
and my third and final case

Now I have to try and find the Rosie to go with that SP Sam Angel
and

Now I think I know who most of these artists/images are but :

Sean Pence - Sam 2 of 2 ( part 1 would be Rosie )
Darla Ecklund - Frodo ?
Roberto Flores - Gandalf
Davide Fabbri - Gandalf
Dalla Vecchia - Theodon ?
Dalla Vecchia - Gandalf
Lee Kohse - Orc ?
Paul Gutierrez - Witch King
Jon Ocampo - Orc ? ( Part 3 of 9 )
Kevin Graham - Orc head with pole through it
Howard Shum - Arwen ?
Grant Gould - Ring
Jason Keith Phillips - Gollum
Matthew Goodmanson - Gollum
Jessica Hickman - cloaked figure - Nazgul ?
No idea - No idea

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
that last one is a waterhouse, probably a soldier of rohan.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Moved to here
News & Rumors

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Master,

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gotham_Knight
posted Hide Post
quote:
And Gotham_Knight...man, what a great 2 boxes you bought.
What are you going to do with that Dillon of Boromir in the boat...

I love that you pulled my Gandalf Escaping Isengard...

...let me know where it's headed in case you sell or trade it

To be honest im not sure what im going to do with them, i was going to try and get the first part of the Dillon 2 pannel piece but currently its sitting on ebay at $250 and thats just not what im willing to spend on a single card (not just yet anyway).

Im tempted to sell them both and buy other stuff ive been looking at figures and stuff but im not too savvy with the whole value of cards.

Although id ordered some custom sketches from Katie Cook and i may just get rid of my other sketch cards and just hang onto them as i had decided i was only going to collect Katies stuff exclusivly...till i started buying boxes that is...over a case and a half and ive only pulled one of Katies sketches...hence the custom sketch ordering.

Posts: 99 | Location: Scotland | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post