Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
That is terrific Jen. Its good to see a Card talker get excellent luck. Good on you!!

Clap Clap Clap Clap

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice pull Jen Clap Dance& well done johnny boy too (Nice sketch) Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well for all of you that did not get sketch cards in a box or two hold on to your hobbit feet Big Grin

Me and my son were very happy today when we got a package in the mail from Topps! They kept their word by sending us 12 wonderfull sketch cards to replace the 6 box's that we did not get any! Thanks Topps Thumb Up

To find our long-forgotten gold.

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

First six Wink

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Second six Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
12 good cards there Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Nice to see that Topps responded so positively Thumb Up Makes you wonder though, how many sketches they have in reserve and how many of them are a 2 of 3 or a 5 of 9 sketch that someone is screaming out for Eek Will there come a time when they do some kind of competition or draw (pun intended) to release the stock they have?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aelfwine:
Well for all of you that did not get sketch cards in a box or two hold on to your hobbit feet Big Grin

Me and my son were very happy today when we got a package in the mail from Topps! They kept their word by sending us 12 wonderfull sketch cards to replace the 6 box's that we did not get any! Thanks Topps Thumb Up

Good result, some nice cards... well done Topps!

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some nice sketches Smile
Thanks for sharing Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samauto:
I also think there have been 3 of the refractors found Hobbits- Frodo, Merry and Pippin. Anyone know of any more?

Sam was found at the Collectormania GMEX last weekend

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by samauto:
I am pretty sure that there have been three Kayanans found, but I could be wrong. I also think there have been 3 of the refractors found Hobbits- Frodo, Merry and Pippin. Anyone know of any more?

Sorry for asking but I know about the Kayanan 1 of 1s and the Gold refractors. Is that what you are talking about when you say that 3 of the refractors have been found or are their other refractors that can be found? Thanks Confused

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry for asking but I know about the Kayanan 1 of 1s and the Gold refractors. Is that what you are talking about when you say that 3 of the refractors have been found or are their other refractors that can be found? Thanks

The gold foil and the refractors are different cards. Both of them are parallels of the 9 card silver foil set. There are 99 (numbered) gold parallels for each of the 9 cards, so almost 1000 in total. There is only 1 refractor parallel for each of the 9 cards in the set.

There is a completed (US) eBay auction with scans - item 120053718996

Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roz:
quote:
Originally posted by samauto:
I also think there have been 3 of the refractors found Hobbits- Frodo, Merry and Pippin. Anyone know of any more?

Sam was found at the Collectormania GMEX last weekend

So, just the Hobbits have been found then? What were the odds of that happening?

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
quote:
Sorry for asking but I know about the Kayanan 1 of 1s and the Gold refractors. Is that what you are talking about when you say that 3 of the refractors have been found or are their other refractors that can be found? Thanks

The gold foil and the refractors are different cards. Both of them are parallels of the 9 card silver foil set. There are 99 (numbered) gold parallels for each of the 9 cards, so almost 1000 in total. There is only 1 refractor parallel for each of the 9 cards in the set.

There is a completed (US) eBay auction with scans - item 120053718996

Jen

Thank you Thumb Up

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Good grief, nearly $900 U.S. for what amounts to a slightly shinier version of the most common cards in the set? Completely mystifying. Confused

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Good grief, nearly $900 U.S. for what amounts to a slightly shinier version of the most common cards in the set? Completely mystifying. Confused

agree Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Why did they make those refractors? Nobody in the world could ever have a set of them. Did Topps just want to see how much one could sell for?

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
well, refractors from topps are a major tradition in cards, sports cards anyway. it is kind of cool to have them in LOTR evolution, although i wouldnt have made them 1/1's. Maybe make them out of 25 or something, so its possible to make a set maybe. It is kind of cool though. refractors are the first big chase insert in cards of any kind, so bringing them to LOTR is a good idea, but it would have been better if it was available in LOTR chrome trilogy.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post

Could anyone give me a clue as to who drew this please?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paradoc
posted Hide Post
I opened two more boxes today. Requisite numbers of foils and etches and bronzes.
One box had 2 Dalla Vecchia sketches--Gimli and an Orc in horned armor. Roll Eyes

The other box had a cute Cook Fellbeast saying "!" Big Grin Also, a really wonderful Jim Kyle Boromir blowing his horn. I still haven't figuted out the scanner, but the image is on Kyle's LOTR Sketchcards site in the second row on the left. Awesome Elephant

No Kayanan singles, refractors, of golds, however Frown.
By the way, way to go, Jen! Dance Dance

Posts: 373 | Location: Memphis, TN USA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post