Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post

Here are my Howard Schum's and my Davide Fabbri's.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post

Two Dalla Vecchia's, Michael Duron, 2 Grant Goulds, Tess Fowler, 2 Sarah Wilkinson's, and my Kevin Graham.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post

My two Cat Staggs Clap
My O'Niell, two Leah Mangue's, Robert Teranishi, two Ryan Waterhouse's, and Amy Pronovost Wave

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Very nice Staggs sketches. Oddly, apart from those Staggs I think I like those Katie Cook sketches the most.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Very nice Staggs sketches. Oddly, apart from those Staggs I think I like those Katie Cook sketches the most.

I'm not very fond of stylized artwork, but the Katie Cook cards are rather cute.

Picture of zerosev
posted Hide Post
mine is quickly becoming my favorite

Posts: 101 | Location: SLZ | Registered: June 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Well, here are the highlights of my 9 boxes broken. i also have 3 shum sketchs and 3 identical Waterhouse Orc boxface sketchs but not a whole big need to scan thoes. Overall im happy. I really dont like the colation ive gotten out of these boxes. sealed case + and i got 9 brozes 4 repeats, and of course 3 shums and 3 waterhouses and no one else in their group, doenst help. I didnt do nearly as well as i did on any of my evolution case breaks (which will probably be my next case of anything) but i didnt get as crushed on this product as about 1/2 the people. I really wanted a cook sketch out of the common groups, but alas i got repeat after repeat after repeat of the same artists in the easier groups. oh well, topps should fix that.

My favorite is the Bellinger , but the A. Prov Rosie+friend barmaid sketch really struck me as one of her nicer ones. Also the dorman was a nice surprise as was the Hamill. Boromir on the horn, and it looks good. I didnt know Fowler did a Multi panel sketch like this, anyone else seen a piece from it?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paradoc
posted Hide Post
Well, I opened a case and 2 loose boxes, and I'm pretty pleased with what I got:

Sketches:
1. De Liz Balin's Tomb (level B) I'm looking to acquire the Gimli one that goes with it.
2. Steven Miller (B) Legolas Portrait
3. Dennis Budd (B) Galadriel ?
4. Dave Fox (B) Gollum
5. Mary Huang (B) Celeborn
6. Amy Pronovost (C) full color Eastron soldier
7. Walter Rice (C) Faramir sketch
8. Jim Kyle (C) Gollum/Smegol reflection
9. Jake Myler (D) Full Color Pippin
10. Jake Myler (D) Full Color Orc with piercings
11. Colleen Doran (D) Left Hobbit foot with mushroom.
12. John Watkins-Chow (D) Full color Frodo, part of a montage set of 9
13. Sarah Wilkinson (G) Half face Sam?
14. Katie Cook (H) "This one ain't dead" Orc
15. Dalla Vecchia (I) Aragorn
16. Dalla Vecchia (I) Gimli
17. Howard Shum (I) Bearded Guy
18. Shum Gandalf?
19. Fabbri (I) King of the Dead
20. Fabbri (I) different King of the Dead
21. Fabbri (I) Gandalf

All boxes but 3 had exactly a full set of foils and spectras.

9 total Bronze Parallels Lacking 1, 3, and 9, with extras 5, 6, and 7.

The one box I fully collated had 2 full base sets in it.

No gold parallels, refractors, or Kayanan 1/1 pieces of course.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied! 5 B sketches, 3 C sketches, and 4 full color sketches. And I think the Foils and Etched cards are truly gorgeous.
I'd post scans, but I don't know how to do them yet.

Posts: 373 | Location: Memphis, TN USA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
love the cartoon style of the top ones Big Grin

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
These are from my first case, all in all not too shabby.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Ths rest of case one. What is the deal with the foot card? I'm sure it's a nice sketch, as far as feet go, but did the artist really think that a collector would enjoy this? Confused Mad

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Interesting that very few Jim Kyle's Jeff Chandler's, Myself, and others who did low numbers aren't being pulled. Here is hoping that you guys can find our cards as we all put a lot of effort into them.

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Ths rest of case one. What is the deal with the foot card? I'm sure it's a nice sketch, as far as feet go, but did the artist really think that a collector would enjoy this? Confused Mad

Maybe the artist has a foot fetish. Twak

Posts: 49 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: August 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zerosev
posted Hide Post
I read that one of the artists spent a lot of time doing hands or feet or something very technical because it was a real challenge for them. We think it is just FEET but I guess there is quite a bit of work involved in making feet look like feet.

Posts: 101 | Location: SLZ | Registered: June 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zerosev:
I read that one of the artists spent a lot of time doing hands or feet or something very technical because it was a real challenge for them. We think it is just FEET but I guess there is quite a bit of work involved in making feet look like feet.

But would you want that card?

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of king-beez
posted Hide Post
Just opened the 2 boxes of Lord of the Rings Masterpieces which I picked up at the London Expo this past weekend. Reading everyone else’s posts here I was not expecting to be too thrilled by what I might find.

BOX 1
Set of 9 Silver Foils
1 Bronze Foil
6 Kayanan Etched Foils – not a full set (2 x No 1, 2 x No 2, 1 x No 4 and 1 x No 6)
Allison Sohn Sketch (Level C)
Connie Persampieri Sketch (Level D)

BOX 2
Set of 9 Silver Foils
1 Bronze Foil
6 Kayanan Etched Foils – a full set this time
Sarah Wilkinson Sketch (Level G)
Michael Duron Sketch (Level C)

I haven’t made up the base sets yet but I presume that I will get 3 or 4 sets from the 2 boxes.

All of the sketches are really good although I don’t really like the cartoon style of the Michael Duron one. Unfortunately, I don’t currently have access to a scanner so I can’t upload images of the cards.

Overall I like what I got and I am not disappointed.

A good tip for those of you looking to try and identify your cards and signatures is to go to www.lotrsketchcards.com – they have recently added a signature identification page.

Posts: 25 | Location: Bristol, UK | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Looks like you did quite well on the sketches

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
My two Cat Staggs Clap
My O'Niell, two Leah Mangue's, Robert Teranishi, two Ryan Waterhouse's, and Amy Pronovost Wave

Um what is that middle one suppose to be?

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking the top of Gandalfs Staff, but I may be wrong!

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
I was wondering there for a minute cause it reminds me of something else...

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post