Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Artbox)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Artbox)
 Login/Join

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Retail box...

Two complete base sets and about a half dozen extra cards.
Five foil cards.

Nice set,though a few of the pictures are rather dark. Excellent collation.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Broke down and got a box at a "fairly" good price...

1 set, (second missing two cards)
1 box topper - Slytherin
5 foils (1,2,4,6,9)
Auto - Robert Hardy (Cornelius Fudge)
Costume - Harry's Robe (#50/100) Thumb Up
That made it worthwhile!

Greg

Posts: 1358 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
July 2nd,
I split a box with a friend ($130 for the box). My friend got to pick his 12 packs, which he got 3 foils...In my 12 packs I pulled these,
George Weasley Costume
Ginny Weasley Autograph
& Zonko's Bag Prop (these last 2 in same pack)

I didn't even bother to check collation on the base sets as I was stoked about pulling 3 inserts from 12 packs! Elephant

Posts: 70 | Location: Southern California | Registered: August 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
Hi Greg - can you tell me if you sourced your box in the UK or US?

I have heard someone suggest that US boxes did not have the Harry/Ron100 cards in but I am sure they did!

(back me up here Wink)

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Maybe I missed a post , but I thought all the boxes with autos , props and costumes were from the US Confused

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frd:
July 2nd,
I split a box with a friend ($130 for the box). My friend got to pick his 12 packs, which he got 3 foils...In my 12 packs I pulled these,
George Weasley Costume
Ginny Weasley Autograph
& Zonko's Bag Prop (these last 2 in same pack)

I didn't even bother to check collation on the base sets as I was stoked about pulling 3 inserts from 12 packs! Elephant

Do you still have a friend? Big Grin

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
well i think mine was an artbox erm box Big Grin since it had the stickers on every pack.

I am very dissapointed with this set, i like how it looks just odds were rubbish?

1 base set ( 9 cards missing from 2nd)
no other case cards apart from the foil you get in the packet, ( 5 cards + 1 foil)
so i have a set of 17 foils and missing 1 from 2nd, and tons of others.
no autos, props or anyother chase card, and the packets were terrible to open.

also no box loader Frown odd?

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil:
no autos, props or anyother chase card, and the packets were terrible to open.

Er, this isn't a Hobby box you have here, it's a Retail box, which only contained foils, and had no props, costumes or autos... Big Grin

Hopefully you weren't sold it as a Hobby box...?

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
to be honest i dont know

when i went to the stall "how much for the harry potter box" the bloke went and looked at a list, he said "retail box" looked down, but the women came over and said £35, i though cool, though i coulda spent that on a stargate 6 box. argh Frown damn hobby and retail boxes.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Maybe I missed a post , but I thought all the boxes with autos , props and costumes were from the US Confused

OOh don't be confused... yes they originated there but then were split into 2 - half to the US and then half to the UK!

I think I've pretty much dispelled the rumour now that the ron and harry 100 cards were not available in the USA portion of cases.. I think they were available... just darn difficult to find!

Neil - having read this here you DEFINITELY have a cards inc retail box! The way to check is to turn over a card - it will say cards inc on the back Wink

And the Artbox retail set has 9 foils in - not 17 Frown ... contact me though with your spares as I have a pile of spares from all Potter editions

Cheers

Roz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Roz,

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I managed to miss out on the release of this set while my cash was needed elsewhere. While waiting on my Update Case, I decided to risk the "investment" on just 1 box of the original hobby release. Here goes:

1 complete set, 2nd set short 1 card
5 foils
Hermione's Pink Sweater
David Thewlis Autograph

Have to say I'm pleased!

Posts: 420 | Location: Try looking under that pile of cards over there... | Registered: December 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Oops! wrong thread

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roz:
Hi Greg - can you tell me if you sourced your box in the UK or US?

I have heard someone suggest that US boxes did not have the Harry/Ron100 cards in but I am sure they did!

(back me up here Wink)

Hi Roz,

Sorry for the late reply but I've just noticed your post. I acquired my box off of Ebay from a US dealer. I have heard of a Harry robe card that is supposed to be a UK exclusive but I believe it is ***/500. Hope I've been of some help.

Greg

Posts: 1358 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened one box.

Box topper BT2 (Hufflepuff)
Foil cards R1, R2, R3, R8, R9
Prop card honeydukes bad (314/434)
Costume card George Weasley's Quiddich gear (738/1300)
Auto James Phelps as Fred Weasley.

I believe there were some base cards, too.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
picked up a box for 133 dollars. Couldn't resist.

Weasley Quidditch costume 803/1300

Black Pepper Imps 83/90 Elephant

I am really psyched about that get.

Posts: 48 | Location: Portage,Mi,usa | Registered: September 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by danfink3:
I am really psyched about that get.

I would say you've got your money's worth there... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
1 box
Box topper BT1 (Gryffindor
Robert Hardy as Cornelius Fudge auto
Zonko's bag prop card 244/300
George Weasley's Quddich costume card 832/1300
Puzzle cards R2, R3, R7, R8 (x2)

Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
1 box
Box topper BT1 (Gryffindor
Robert Hardy as Cornelius Fudge auto
Zonko's bag prop card 244/300
George Weasley's Quddich costume card 832/1300
Puzzle cards R2, R3, R7, R8 (x2)

Oh, those were the days, when you got 3 lots of inserts *per box*...

/nostalgia... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
Finally coughed up the $$$ for a box of this when I saw one for $125...

1 base set
BT4
Foils 3,4,5,7 and 8
George Weasley auto
Harry Potter Cloak 42/750

So glad I didn't get a "loser box", at the prices these things are going for that would have really made me sick Razz

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Natalie:
Finally coughed up the $$$ for a box of this when I saw one for $125...

1 base set
BT4
Foils 3,4,5,7 and 8
George Weasley auto
Harry Potter Cloak 42/750

So glad I didn't get a "loser box", at the prices these things are going for that would have really made me sick Razz

Nice Box Smile

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post