Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Artbox)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Artbox)
 Login/Join

Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
Hot box???

Frashew rashrew!

I cracked open 5 boxes yesterday - our case topper was the dementor, and I had

3 DUDS!

3 DUDS!

Which didn't even have a box topper - so I am pretty cut up!

However in my last 2 boxes I got a George Weasley costume, a Harry 750 costume, a Dervish and Banges Bag and ...

the best bit ...

a Sirius auto

!

So unusually for these boxes I probably broke even on what I spent/what I gained... or worse, but my fav auto is Sirius so it was the best to get

(smiles meekly).

(for anyone interested we are chasing our yak shack hosters about the problems we are having... this is what yoou get when you use an old school friends' company for hosting Frown)

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A less exciting followup on my earlier post.

I finished opening my other three boxes and, not surpisingly, those three combined weren't as good as that first box I opened. In each of my other three boxes I got one common set, 5 foils and a special insert. The three inserts were a (green) Dervish and Banges Bag Prop Card, a Harry's T-Shirt Costume Card and a Cornelius Fudge Autograph Card.

Fortunately, my four box topper cards were all different so I don't need to do any trading/buying to complete that set.

All in all I'm pleased with what I got. I'll be glad when the movie comes out so I can actually read the cards though... I didn't want to spoil the movie too much (I've had the book on my shelf for the last six months refusing to read it, too, until after seeing the movie).

Posts: 10 | Location: California | Registered: May 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just opened a "Hot Box"....

Costumes

0 x Ron's Costume 100
0 x Harry's Black Cloak 100
1 x Harry T Shirt 600
1 x Harry Costume 750
1 x Hermione Pink Sweater 450
1 x Hermione Robe 900
1 x George Weasley Quidditch Robe 1300

Prop cards

1 x Exploding Bon Bons 96
1 x Daily Prophet 200
1 x Zonk's Bag 300
1 x Dervish And Banges Bag 484
1 x Honey Dukes Bag 434
1 x Black Pepper Imps 90
1 x Permission Form 100
1 x Spindle's Lick O Rish Spiders 70
1 x Chocolate Frog 86

Autographs

2 x Gary Oldman As Sirius Black
1 x David Thewlis As Remus Lupin
2 x Robert Hardy As Cornelius Fudge
1 x Emma Watson As Hermione Granger
1 x Bonnie Wright As Ginny Weasley
1 x Michael Gambon As Albus Dumbledore
1 x Matthew Lewis As Neville Longbottom
2 x Olivier Phelps As George Weasley
1 x James Phelps As Fred Weasley
2 x Julie Christie As Madam Rosmerta (Redemption)

So from a Hot Box you don't quote get a full run, but then there are doubles of certain autos which even things out! Smile

Posts: 1085 | Location: UK | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olly:
Just opened a "Hot Box"....

2 x Gary Oldman As Sirius Black

So from a Hot Box you don't quote get a full run, but then there are doubles of certain autos which even things out! Smile

That's just lovely! Congrats to both of you! and WOW - just thinking about it blows my mind!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Finally got my two boxes.

Box 1

1 set, second missing one card
1 box topper Slytherin
5 foils
Weasley /1300 costume

Box 2
1 set, second missing one card
1 box topper Ravenclaw
5 foils
Weasley /1300 costume

I was able to finish the 9 card foil set with one extra. Couldn't ask
for better out of the foils for two boxes, and I was also able to put
three sets together and a fourth missing 2 cards. The base set is
really nice looking.

I am glad I didn't get Zonked, but pulling the same easy costume
one after another was dissapointing. It was in the exact same
place in both boxes too. Anyone find this pattern?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dobby The House Elf,

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened another box yesterday.

Box Topper BT2 (Hufflepuff)
Foil (puzzle) cards R3-R7
Auto Bonnie Wright as Ginny Weasley
Costume card Hermione's Robe (440/900)
Prop card Daily Prophet (117/200)

Haven't checked fo base sets.

That means that 1 have one foil puzzle set, 2 Ginny Weasley auto cards, 1 costume card and 2 prop cards from 3 boxes. I've 3 box toppers with 2 being Hufflepuff.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
FINALLY managed to get my hands on two boxes today Big Grin

Box 1
Lupin auto Big Grin
Honeydukes 359/434
(both from the SAME pack!)
R1, 2, 3, 7, 8
Gryffindor BT1

Box 2
Gryffindor BT1
R1, 2, 4, 6, 9
Dervish & Banges 226/484
(out of one of the last packs)

Was missing TWO base cards from each box to make up a second base set from each.

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the results from my 3 boxes Smile:-

Box 1

Box Topper - Ravenclaw
Foils - 3,4,5,7,8
Auto - Neville Longbottom
Costume - George Weasley cloak

Box 2

Box Topper - Slytherin
Foil - 1,2,3,6,8
Costume - Hermione's School Robe
Auto - Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley), Michael Gambon (Dumbledore) Both autos were in the same pack

Box 3
Box Topper - Slytherin
Foil - 3,4,5,6,7
Costume - Hermione's School Robe

Not too bad and I've managed to trade the extra costume card for one I was missing.

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen any of this posted.

They wouldn't return the redemption card due to security reasons.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I actually sent mine in for redemption today after seeing that on eBay. How fast is the redemption turn around from Artbox normally?

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Mine took only a few days turnaround, but I live less than 10 miles from Artbox HQ.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder why Artbox will not return the redeemed redemption card Confused.It's generally standard practice with Inkworks to send them back.

There will probably be a few completist's who will now have to buy two redemption cards.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
The card was returned pretty quickly.
They quoted "security reasons" for not returning the redemption card.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
One more box.

Box Topper BT4 Ravenclaw
Foil cards R1, 2, 6, 8, 9
Oliver Phelps as George Weasley auto
George Weasley costume card (1099/1300)

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Clap
I finally got my box!! And it was a good one!

Base Sets: 1
Box Toppers: BT4
Foils: R3, R4, R5, R6, R7
Prop: Daily Prophet (127/200) Dance
Costume: George Weasley (1077/1300)
Autograph: Michael Gambon (Dumbledore) Bouncey

For what the prices are for boxes right now, I would have cried if I'd gotten one of the boxes without any of the Prop/Costume/Auto's.

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Gryffindor box topper
1 base set + 1 short of a second
5 foils
George Weasley costume card

quote:
Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:
I am glad I didn't get Zonked, but pulling the same easy costume one after another was dissapointing. It was in the exact same place in both boxes too. Anyone find this pattern?

This was over a month ago, so I don't remember exactly where it was in the box. However, I do recall it being in one of the last packs I opened.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fazzinchi
posted Hide Post
Managed to buy another box of Harry Potter last week at a (relatively) bargain price of £54. This was my third and here's how they broke....

Box 1...
Box Topper - 4
Foils - 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9
Costumes - none
Props - none
Autos - Oliver Phelps

Box 2...
Box Topper - 2
Foils - 2, 3, 5, 7, 8
Costumes - George Weasley's Robe #1248/1300
Props - Dervish & Banges #079/484
Autos - none

Box 3...
Box Topper - 2
Foils - 3, 4, 5, 7, 8
Costumes - Harry's Robe #376/750
Props - Black pepper imps - #84/90 Dance
Autos - none

Plus managed to complete 5 base sets.

The black pepper imp card really pleased me (does anyone know if there are variants of this?) and I think overall I did okay, even though I didn't manage a full set of 9 foils (missing #6).

Posts: 35 | Location: Chichester, UK | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Welcome Fazzinchi Wave good pulls

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The more common Imp card is black and white pattern.The varient has orange in it and a very few have the letters of "Black Pepper Imps" on the orange bit.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of chico
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
WELCOME TO THE HARRY POTTER BOX WAS A LOSER CLUB!

Sadly, I joined this club as well. One base set, and three foils (two of which were R7).

Jason00 and Rincewind we must commit to a secret handshake and membership cards soon!
Hahaha! All you others, you CAN'T join!

July 23, 2004
I would like to offically apply for membership in THPBWAL Club. At current prices, I felt like being kicked in the stomach after opening all the packs and getting the Hufflepuff BT and 5 foil cards but NO costumes, NO autographs, and NO prop cards...........
I think that now buying by the case would be painful on any duds but other boxes could reduce the heartburn

Posts: 1 | Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post