Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Marvel Masterpieces 2 2008 (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Masterpieces 2 2008 (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Can anyone help me identify the artists?

Thanks,
Tim

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tevans333,

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
its hard to see that last one, but it looks like a red bradley sketch on its own without seeing the autograph.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just opened four boxes.

3 Sketches and 0 Costume cards.

This is the 8th or 9th product this year I have been shorted premium inserts from. Non Sports is beginging to become like Sports cards for me.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of secondsight
posted Hide Post
I opened one box last night and got the following:

2 complete base sets
1 Hulk die cut
1 Iron Man die cut
9 Avengers chase
7 Marvel Heroines chase
1 Sketch (Captain America)
0 Fantastic Four Chase

Overall the set is nice. I like the Avengers and Marvel Heroines chase sets. Unlike Set 1 there are no parallel cards. The art on the cards in general are hit or miss.

BTW... the Hulk/Iron Man Chase sets have a retail and hobby version. Anyone have more details on this?

Posts: 18 | Location: Taxachusetts | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
There are 3 cards in both the Iron Man and Hulk sets. The first card is in the hobby, the others are retail exclusive. We will not know how rare they are until the retail product hits.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tim I believe the Ghost Rider card is Marat Michaels. Artist for Brigade from Image Comics back in the 90's.

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
If that is Marrat Mychaels then he did sketch cards for the 2001 Marvel Legends card set. Cool card!! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cire7
posted Hide Post
Howdy Gents

Here is What I got any Help identifying would be great

Posts: 103 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
The Hulk is by Deitrich Smith...not sure on the others.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Here are the results of case #2

Wolverine by mystery atrist (3rd one that I have pulled)

Spiderman by Kevin Graham

Ms. Marvel by mystery artist #2

Batrok the Leaper by Dane Ault

Wolverine by Chris/Chad Hardin

Mach IV by Carlo Soriano (3rd one by him as well)

Deathlock by Kevin Gentlecore

Wonder Man by Dietrich Smith

Spiderman by Bob Budiansky

Invisible Woman by Cully Hammer

Dr. Strange by Ben Herrera

and last but not least....

Spiderman by David A Williams

Picture of cire7
posted Hide Post
Thanks
Then they are in order

Dan Schoening
Dietrich Smith
Dexter Vines

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cire7,

Posts: 103 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Got my two boxes yesterday I'll just post the sketches. Also would like help on artist's names if anyone can identify them

Donimo This sketch is sweet

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alfster:
Got my two boxes yesterday I'll just post the sketches. Also would like help on artist's names if anyone can identify them

Donimo This sketch is sweet

Hey Alfster,
Cool cards! The top one is Benjamin Glendenning who did 200 and the Domino is from te ever reliable Steven Miller who did 100.

Still working on my case, but I wanted to mention that the case card in mine was just one of the regular oversized box cards, which I found kind of odd. Upper Deck could've put foil or something on it to differentiate it, but for whatever reason, they chose not to. With the case cards being the same as the box cards, and all part of the same five card set, and almost certainly hobby exclusive, it seems will be a little less than 4,000 of each. These would look terrific autographed and this is convention season, so wish me luck!

Also, the Doctor Doom costume material has at least three variants so they used different pieces of the costume which is pretty cool. Not sure if these are from the original FF movie or the Silver Surfer sequel.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Thanks chesspieceface. So I did really good .

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cire7
posted Hide Post
Really Awesome love the look of thing

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cire7:
Howdy Gents

Here is What I got any Help identifying would be great

The top sketch the character is arcade, a john byrne Xmen villian if i remember correctly. hope that in some small way helps.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Anyone recognize this sig-

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
It is pretty hard to tell as the background is so dark. A scan of the card itself could help as someone might recognize the style.

posted Hide Post
It's the same signature I am having problems with, there is a full scan of it at the top of this page.

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tevans333:
It's the same signature I am having problems with, there is a full scan of it at the top of this page.

My bad, youre right, same artist....I didnt pay attn to the other pulls.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post