Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Santa Claus 2007 Holiday Set (Topps)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Santa Claus 2007 Holiday Set (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
1 sealed box contains...
...an 18 card set featuring Santa Claus on Topps' most popular designs of all time, including Santa Claus Rookie, Relic and Autograph cards...(quote from the box).

Box design B
Complete base set A
Base design A
1 Rookie card (1952 design) B+
1 Santa suit relic card (cut out shaped like a stocking) design A
1 Santa autograph card, design A

Bang for your buck A ($10 a set) Thumb Up
Fun factor A-
Overall grade A-/B+
Novel, creative and reasonably priced. Just right for the season.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I have not gotten one yet, but I really want to get one! Cute idea and a cute set.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
That's funny, I got exactly the same breakdown in my box. Big Grin

There's details of this set (and Jack London has posted pictures} are under the thread Topps Christmas Cards in General Card Discussion.

I had to get this set as I'm a sucker for anything to do with Christmas. I've been slowly acquiring old sets, promos, etc. so I didn't have to think twice about ordering it. Love the cards but the box is a bit big for what it contains. I suppose it would make it easier to wrap though.

I rate it a straight A. Thumb Up

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I agree! I would even give it an A+!!!

Fun, inexpensive little set! Thumb Up

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Got to admit this release has some interesting claims. For example, Santa's autograph and piece of his suit...hmmmm??? And it is also educational, Santa played baseball? Wink

Notice the ad in NSU pictures a different Rookie card. Did anyone find variations?

One suggestion for the next release...sketches! Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xtime,

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
UPdated.

Scans appreciated from anyone. Thanks.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I put up scans of all the cards in the set. Look under General Card Discussion. Under the post about Topps Christmas cards, look for my post! Wave

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you could transfer those images to this thread, or the two threads could be combined here? Please include the rookie card. Thanks.

Angel

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post

Here are links to the base cards. The top right card in santalot1 is Santa's "rookie" card. It is an homage to Mickey Mantle's 1952 Topps baseball rookie card with Santa in the exact same pose as the Mick. All the cards are done in the original design of past years Topps baseball card designs. The backs of the cards have "stats" and career info. A lot of fun!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/JackLondon1967/Sa...0Claus/santalot1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/JackLondon1967/Sa...0Claus/santalot2.jpg

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Much thanks. Clap

There are no victories at discount prices. - Gen. Eisenhower

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
A good fun set Thumb Up

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post