Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Mortal Instruments (Leaf, 2013)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mortal Instruments (Leaf, 2013)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
Picked up two packs.
Really not my thing, but it was new...enjoy.

5 cards per pack & one bonus card.
Pulled 8 base cards, two character cards, and two tarot cards.

The wrapper has little info, but it does direct you to the website.
Appears to be...
71 total base cards
13 base Behind the scenes cards
16 base Character cards
Bonus sets include Runes & Tarot cards, and there are parallels of each bonus card.
The tarot cards are about 60% the size of a regular base cards.

Overall C-/D

Base card, wrapper...
back of base card, back of character card, front of character card...
back of Tarot & front of Tarot

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wonder when the hobby version will be released Confused . These could be as popular as the Twilight cards from Inkworks with a huge following of mostly teenage girls who want anything connected to the books at any price.

They certainly seem to be following the pattern of the first Twilight release of being next to impossible to get if you live outside the USA Frown .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Aside from the fact that NOBODY is going to see the film (incredibly horrible opening week), I can see the parallel. Twak

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hobby delayed to end sept!! Which is horrible
For a movie release and frankly very poor!!

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Based on the two comments above maybe the cards will be more like The Spirit or King Kong and I can pick them up cheap in a few months Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
I dont think thats likely as only 300 cases
Being produced!! Many movies also do
Much better business once on demand or
Dvd-so i guess time will tell. Wave

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Except for waiting until they hit eBay, I don't know where to even order boxes right now. I like several actors on the autograph list, so I think this will be a case where the cards may be good while the movie stinks.

The movie, and I guess the books too, is a rip off between Twilight and Harry Potter and the studio was already planning the sequel. Don't know about that plan now.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
To whom it may interest...
Pic added.

Smokin'

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've seen worse, the tarot card looks very nice.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
FYi The movie was pretty damn good

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I have been picking some packs of these up nice cards!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:

Having now seen the film I would agree with you if you have not read the books. If you have read the books then the film is very annoying and a real hatchet job by whoever did the adaptation from script to screen Mad .

Still going to get the cards but I doubt I will bother with any further movies if they do make them as it's clear they are going in a different direction to the books Frown .

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
From what I can gather, the movie has been out for two weeks and grossed about 33 million dollars world wide. It cost about 60 million dollars to make. Reviews in the US, both professional reviewers and social media, have been hugely negative. Its not what the producers wanted to say the least.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Just saw this on a particular site...

24 packs per box. 6 cards per pack.

Each box will now include a specially stamped Premiere day BOX TOPPER. In addition, the Lily Collins signed costume cards will be part of this exciting program as well!

On average, each box contains 2 Autographs (combination of Base Autograph Cards and Autographed Memorabilia Cards) plus 1 Film Worn Memorabilia card!
- 100 cards containing scenes, character introductions and behind the scene cards featuring a rare look on the other side of the camera
- Film Worn Memorabilia cards featuring oversize swatches of 13 of the film's key characters.
- Autographed cards of the film's most prominent stars, including: Lily Collins, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Lena Headey, Jamie Campbell Bower and more (including author Cassandra Clare!)
- Autographed Memorabilia cards featuring all of the key personalities
- Also, look for rare limited edition alternate art versions of the autograph cards!

Enjoy... Wave

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
From what I can gather the Lena Headey autographs are redemption cards. Does anyone know if the redemptions are really valid yet, or is this a case where her cards have not been signed, but they are expected any day now? Roll Eyes

I am not one who likes to buy and keep fingers crossed. Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:

Having now seen the film I would agree with you if you have not read the books. If you have read the books then the film is very annoying and a real hatchet job by whoever did the adaptation from script to screen Mad .

Still going to get the cards but I doubt I will bother with any further movies if they do make them as it's clear they are going in a different direction to the books Frown .

I read the books and I dont think they did that bad of a job, they hit all of the key things and fit a lot in to a 2 hour movie.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
From what I can gather the Lena Headey autographs are redemption cards. Does anyone know if the redemptions are really valid yet, or is this a case where her cards have not been signed, but they are expected any day now? Roll Eyes

I am not one who likes to buy and keep fingers crossed. Big Grin

I pulled all three Headey redemptions from my case. I did redeem them. I'll check on the status when I get home tonight.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Box 1

Good box 2 - Meyers auto and Headey costume card

Box 3 - the oversize costume cards in this product are pretty great...all three I've pulled have been good

Box 4 - Another solid box. So far looks like Leaf did a good job distributing hits among the boxes

Box 5 - another pretty great oversized swatch

Box 6 - Terrible...not only are all three dupes, but it's the third of the middle auto that I've pulled

Box 7 - another dup auto but at least its a good one

Box 8 - hit two more dup autos, but got a Collins so I'm happy

Box 9
Box 10 - Good box and two auto wardrobe cards

Box 11 - another great box...looks like there are two versions of the Headey auto wardrobe...this redemption is for the alternate art version...whatever that means

Box 12

Over all I would say good break, but too many dups to be great...going to redeem the Headey autos.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do the hobby boxes have the rune and tarot card chase sets or are those only in the retail release?

Looks a quality release, shame about the movie Roll Eyes .

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Do the hobby boxes have the rune and tarot card chase sets or are those only in the retail release?

Looks a quality release, shame about the movie Roll Eyes .

I believe those are retail only. I didn't see any runs or tarot cards in my case