Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Batman Begins (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Batman Begins (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you aren't. It's all a big gamble.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Just like Vegas......

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
at $25 a box I'd give it a throw

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I realize it's always a gamble it's just I don't know who to trust. I'm starting to think that most boxes for sale on eBay are stripped. I know that's not fair to the honest sellers but I've bought a too many individual boxes and have rarely gotten any good chase cards. I'm not naive enough to think that people haven't mastered the art of stripping cases. I'm starting to think that the only way to have a fair chance is to buy sealed cases which stinks for people like me who can't afford them.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
at $25 a box I'd give it a throw

certainly, you never know if you catch something special.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froz1
posted Hide Post
Just opened a box of these today - was probably the worst box I've ever had for any set!

No Auto or Memrobilia card, the box was also missing one of the embossed cards, and to add further insult I didn't even get a base set Roll Eyes

Posts: 46 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: August 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
That's really bad news.

A belgian hiphop group

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Well, a few weeks back, I ended up getting 6 more boxes of Batman Begins. If it wasn't so incredibly cheap, I'd be grumbling more. Anyway, out of the six boxes, I garnered one Cilian Murphy auto and 3 tire cards and 2 cape cards.

So, if you're keeping score, that means I've opened 9 boxes in the last 45 days. One autograph to show for it. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Wow, I just looked up boxes and can't believe how cheap they are. There are some good autos in the set and even if they are really tough to pull I'm still astonished boxes (hobby) can be found under $24. Eek

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Yeah. That's kinda why I was purchasing so many of these boxes. I already have all the autographs and I thought at that price, it would be worth buying some more to try and get doubles (or upgrades on some autographs).

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
WOW! Eek $24.00?? NO fair!!!

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
They're about 24(ish) in the UK too.

Unfortunately it's pound sterling. Frown

Pick them up for a bargain in the US then!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Just curious where you guys are finding these boxes so chap for Wave

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Yeah, no kidding. I just bought 2 for $50 each a few weeks ago. Even $30 sounds more reasonable.
Where are people finding them for that inexpensive?

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
there are good deals if u know what sellers to go with.
cases older inkworks products are selling cheapish now too.... Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I won a cheap hobby box on eBay -- $9.99 + $20 s/h. Shipping was outrageous but the grand total was $29.99 so I thought it was a good buy. Turned out to be a very good buy.

Batman's Cape memorabilia card &
Katie Holmes Autograph Dance

My first Batman Begins pack pulled autograph out of at least 10 boxes. Now all I need is Oldman to have the autograph set.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I won a cheap hobby box on eBay -- $9.99 + $20 s/h. Shipping was outrageous but the grand total was $29.99 so I thought it was a good buy. Turned out to be a very good buy.

Batman's Cape memorabilia card &
Katie Holmes Autograph Dance

My first Batman Begins pack pulled autograph out of at least 10 boxes. Now all I need is Oldman to have the autograph set.

Congrats to you Logan Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
great pick up! this product shouldnt be as cheap as it is right now. its like when thoes harry potter PoA update cases were 249...great steal!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Purchased another cheap box on the bay for BIN $11.99 Eek

0 autographs Frown
0 costume/relic Shake Head

Maybe that's why it was $11.99. Oh well, can't win them all.

Picture of fan_fic_fan
posted Hide Post
Does ANYONE know where I can find unopened boxes/packs for this???? I've been looking for months. Just missed out of a box earlier today on Ebay, unfortunately, and it's been the only one I've seen. I SO want to try my hand at the autos. I'd love ANY of them, actually - but especially the Neeson, Murphy, or the Oldman. Also, if not, do you know anyone who has any who would be willing to sell? Thanks!

Posts: 13 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: September 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post