Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Batman Begins (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Batman Begins (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Here is the breakdown of my case...

Box # 1
1 Base Set
Hologram: # 1, 4
Embossed: # 1, 1, 3
Memorabilia: Batman's Cape

Box # 2
1 Base Set
Hologram: # 3, 5
Embossed: # 3, 4, 4
Autograph: Michael Caine

Box # 3
1 Base Set
Hologram: # 1, 3
Embossed: # 3, 4, 4

Box # 4
1 Base Set
Hologram: # 3, 5
Embossed: # 1, 3, 5
Memorabilia: Tire from Batmobile

Box # 5
1 Base Set
Embossed: # 1, 3, 5

Box # 6
1 Base Set
Hologram: # 2, 4
Embossed: # 1, 2, 4

Box # 7
1 Base Set
Hologram: # 2, 4
Embossed: # 1, 1, 4
Memorabilia: Tire from Batmobile

Box # 8
0 Base Set (missing 1 card)
Embossed: # 1, 3, 4

Got 2 more boxes, will post as soon as I open them....

Posts: 70 | Location: Southern California | Registered: August 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ActorNC
posted Hide Post
In regards to the bonus cards, there are at least 4 because mine are numbered B3 and B4. I read in an ebay auction (that I can't seem to find now) that there are six. I'd like to know for sure.

Posts: 75 | Location: USA | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I got 2 hobby boxes:

Box 1
Holos: 2 & 5
Embossed: 2, 3, 5
Costume: Batman's Cape

Box 2
Holos: 1 & 4
Embossed: 1, 3, 4
Costume: Batman's Cape Mad
Auto: Cillian MurphyBig Grin

Base Sets: 3

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Nice boxes Chris,esp the auto.
I can't wait for my one box to arrive.
I just know my box will have the chestplate costume as well as either Caine or Holmes auto Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, here are another 2 boxes. I think these deserve a small explanation & many, many thanks to morenomark, who purchased them on my behalf & opened the first. He has been on fire lately - last week I posted three boxes, with the Liam Neeson Auto, which he pulled in one of the 2 boxes he opened for me - so I have to thank him again & again. I haven't sorted out sets, yet:

Box 1: (morenomark opened this box):
Embossed: # 1, 4, 4
Memorabilia: Batmobile Front Tire
Autograph: Katie Holmes

Box 2: (I opened this one):
Hologram: # 2, 5
Embossed: # 1, 3, 3
Autograph: None

I think I see a trend here: 2 boxes - Katie Holmes, 3 boxes - Liam Neeson, I need to get 4 boxes to get the Gary Oldman Big Grin Again, many thanks to morenomark for his hot streak Metal

Posts: 70 | Location: Southern California | Registered: August 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me where they are finding the retail blister packs w/bonus cards?

an auction I saw states there are only 3 of these... I'd love to know what the reail count is (3, 4, 6)??? Confused

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leia214
posted Hide Post
One of my hobby boxes arrived today:

One complete base set, 11 cards short of second set.
Two holos
Three Embossed
Batman's Cape

No autograph Frown

Posts: 101 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
I opened my box of Batman Begins. I got; 1 base set, 2 of 5 holos, 3of 5 foils, Batman's cape memorabilia, Katie Holms auto card.

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Last Saturday, my gf bought a box of Batman Begins. She wasn't really going to buy it, but the guy at the show didn't have the type of box she originally wanted. The guy kept asking her if she wanted the Batman box. She wasn't really interested, but he kept lowering his asking price and kind of being a pest. So, she broke down and bought one for $48.

In the very first pack she opened......
Gary Oldman autograph!
She also got a Batman cape costume card (not sure if these are guaranteed one per box or not?) I am hoping she will trade the Oldman to me for something.....
Smile

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Got my box today - zilch - nada - DUD - CRASH!
No costume or auto. Too depressed to list inserts. Don't care at this point....pity me. Shake Head

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
No costume or auto. Too depressed to list inserts. Don't care at this point....pity me. Shake Head

Wow.... bummer. Shake Head
My sympathies jane. Frown

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:

I would email Topps about not getting a costume card in the box. Isn't every box suppose to have one?

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I also thought there would be one costume or auto per box,and sometimes one each per box.

What odds are printed on the boxes?

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
On Topps homepage:
Hobby boxes-

Autograph cards (Odds-TBD)

Memorabilla cards (Odds-1-36)

Jane should e-mail or call them!

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are you sure that your Bonus card is B4 ? On the Star Wars set last month there were only 3, and so far on Batman I have seen just B1-B3.

If anyone knows for certain how many there are, please inform us !

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
I bought a Mini box at Wallfart yesterday. 9.97 for 6 packs.

Base cards - 39
Embosed Foil #2
Stickers #2,4 &6
Tattoos #3&4

Where is a good place to buy Hobby Boxes?
What is the Average cost of a Hobby Box?
What is the Average cost of a Retail Box?
Can you only get cases from the Manufacturer?

I usually pick up Topps issues at Wallfart and occasionally Quicktrip gas stations.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ActorNC
posted Hide Post
Meh. I just rechecked and I DO NOT have a B4. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

BTW the only place I found the blister packs with the bonus cards was KB Toys.

Posts: 75 | Location: USA | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Odds:

Boxes are 24 packs, so when you have a minimum of 1:36 packs some boxes won't have anything (good that is).

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by non-sportcards:
Odds:

Boxes are 24 packs, so when you have a minimum of 1:36 packs some boxes won't have anything (good that is).

I'm afraid you're correct, I DOUBT TOPPS would do anything. It probably works out that 2-3 boxes per case suck, and I got unlucky. As it turns out though, we had a really good pull with C&TCF today, so you win some and lose some. Smile

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Jane. Frown I didn't know how many packs were in a box. I think I would still call them! Everyone posting seems to got one or the other!
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Wink

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post