Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Batman Begins (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Batman Begins (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Actually, the loose packs and each of the boxes were bought from different places. I believe the costume cards are one per box.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Actually, the loose packs and each of the boxes were bought from different places. I believe the costume cards are one per box.

They are 1 in 24 packs, which is a VERY different story. I've had 2 boxes in my case I'm slowing opening that had NONE and a customer of mine got a blank from another case. I've not contacted Topps yet, but I expect they won't be much help since none of their material says "1 per box" like the Star Wars sketches did.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
My box did not have a costume card either.
Although it did contain the Scarecrow auto,so that kind of made up for it.I would of liked both....

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I opened a box tonight

One base set
Holograms 2,4
Embossed 2,4,5
Costume: Batman's Cape
no auto Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darth Vader Fan,

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to share my misery with everyone. Just opened an 8 box Hobby case and found no autograph cards. One box did have 2 tire cards in it so I figured one of them should have been an auto card.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Bought a box at Donnington today,

1 base set
3 x embossed
2 x foil
Costume Batmobile Tyre
No auto's

At least got a costume card in the box so happy bunny.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andrew David,

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally got around to finishing my case and now I know why I had been putting it off...

8 box hobby case

3 Batman's Cape Costume Cards
3 Batmobile's Tire Prop Cards
4 sets of 5 embossed foil cards + 4 extras
2 sets of 5 hologram cards + 7 extras
11 Base sets
450+ common cards that won't make a set Shake Head

Probably the worst case I have ever broken. I do need to contact Topps, but I don't believe they guaranteed anything "per box" like they did with the last Star Wars releases. At best I'm probably looking at getting a couple more Capes out of the deal anyway.

I like the cards, just hate the way this one broke down.

Ed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scifi Cards,

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
Have topps moved their packaging company to a very hot climate or something? All of my cards were stuck together in a most annoying way when you are looking for autos Wink

The packs also looked as though they had been packaged in a vacuum, all sucked in - is this a new preservation technique or is it just the time of year? I normally bought Topps' LOTR sets which came out at Christmas time and were never this bad Smile

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
3 boxes
first 2 were mine wich yeilded the Cape Costume card and the Tyre costume card
Last box went to a friend wich Got him the Tyre Costume card and Katie Holmes Auto Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
3 boxes
first 2 were mine wich yeilded the Cape Costume card and the Tyre costume card
Last box went to a friend wich Got him the Tyre Costume card and Katie Holmes Auto Smile

KADRAN00157

Did you and your friend pick boxes,or did you save one for your friend?
I know that would of happened to me as well Roll Eyes

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yervi
posted Hide Post
2 Hobby boxes.

Box 1 - Cape Costume Card
Box 2 - Cape Costume Card Frown , Michael Caine Auto Metal

Posts: 57 | Location: USA | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yervi:
2 Hobby boxes.

Box 1 - Cape Costume Card
Box 2 - Cape Costume Card Frown , Michael Caine Auto Metal

Congrats on the Autograph! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Got a box today, my breakdown is:
(numbers are listed like on Allenders website)

1 complete base set + extra's
Rmbossed Foil Cards: 1, 4, 5
Holograms: 1, 4
Batman's Cape
Autograph: Cillian Murphy

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up very nice pull. any box with an auto in that product is gold.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Picked up a cheap box this week (for £20), basically because I wanted something to open. I didn't realise about the auto situation until my friend told me about it. Ah well. It's still fun opening packets.

I did notice a similar problem where my cards were stuck together. I had to jiggle them in the pack before opening to loosen them. But the collation in my box was very good.

I got:

1 base set
3 embossed foils
2 holograms
1 costume card (Batmobile tyre)

and in the very first pack I opened...

1 auto (Michael Caine) Smile

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
wow, very cool. im tempted to buy some of thoes cheap box lots on ebay, but i just have a feeling they have been searched, like open in the case till you hit something rare/good, and sell the rest of the boxes.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
1 auto (Michael Caine)

congrats on getting the Caine auto Thumb Up

quote:
wow, very cool. im tempted to buy some of thoes cheap box lots on ebay, but i just have a feeling they have been searched, like open in the case till you hit something rare/good, and sell the rest of the boxes.

I've seen a few of these cheapies,but also skeptical about buying them.

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I bought 3 of the boxes on E-Bay. I opened them last week and got total:

4 complete base sets
1 complete embossed set with 4 extras
0 complete sets of holos (missing #1) with 2 extras
3 Batman's cape memorabilia cards Frown
0 autographs Frown

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Servo
posted Hide Post
My 3 boxes bought off ebay arrived today, im guessing we got them off the same seller, they are the only ones i know that do box lots of BB cards. De ja vu Scott, my pulls were pretty much the same.

4 Base Sets (loads spare)
1 Embossed Foil Set with 4 spare
0 Hologram Card Sets (also missing #1) with 2 spare
2 Batman's Cape Memorabilia Cards
1 Batmobile Front Tyre Card
0 Autos

Overall, i'm pretty pleased. I had already bought the Cape and Tyre card previously for cheap so mainly was out for the base and 2 chase sets and hopefully pull the chest piece and/or an auto. I'm more annoyed about not getting a full holo-card set then anything else.

The hologram cards are brilliant, they made this set for me, i love them... Now to see if i can get holocard 1...

Posts: 99 | Location: UK | Registered: April 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Took a gamble on a few boxes for the higher-end chase. Bought direct from the dealer before I saw the cheaper lots on Ebay. I think it worked out for the better:

Box 1: Batman's Costume, Hologram 1,4, Embossed Foil 1,3,5
Box 2: Batman's Cape, Hologram 2,4, Embossed Foil 2,3,5
Box 3: Batman's Cape, Hologram 1,3, Embossed Foil 1,3,4
Box 4: Batman's Cape, Hologram 2,5, Embossed Foil 2.4.5, Michael Caine Auto
Box 5: Batmobile's Tire, Hologram 3,5, Embossed Foil 1,2,4
Box 6: Batmobile's Tire, Hologram 1,3, Embossed Foil 1,3,4

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post