Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Harry Potter Memorable Moments Series 2 (Artbox-2009)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter Memorable Moments Series 2 (Artbox-2009)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The cases often show up in "clusters" with the same high chase cards. Victory_is_Mine!!'s case looks like a mispacking of a different case reported by somebody else, which was:

Autos: Malfoys-Brook-Safer-Jarvis-Nelson
Costumes: 2xPetunia, 1xRon+Ginny, C2-C3-C7-C8-C10
Props: Compass-Drapes(1)-Canopy

So unless we get at least 10% of the print run reported, we can be distracted by the clumping. In my tracking we've probably seen representatives from all of the cases for Ron+Ginny and Hermione+Harry costumes and Hedwig's perch, but reports have underrepresented the others. When they get a bit closer I'll feel more comfortable adding up the rest of the numbers.

As for Jarvis, my best estimate right now is ~575. I'm assuming that the UltraRares are and Rares are equal within their categories, and the April Brook is more common than the others. The ratios are reasonably well confirmed by the numbers of auctions for each auto on eBay, but conclusions can be dangerous for scarcer cards. The uncertainty can't be too huge if you must make the totals add up to the totals. (I work to a total of 3450, or 3000 in 6000 boxes plus 15% "overage" for damage, replacement, and goodie bags.) The numbers are consistent with what we see with other Artbox HP sets where we had more people reporting on their case breaks. See below for a summary from 140 box breaks. Usually I get a few more reports from the big case-breakers; the % record was TSS, where we had breakdown reports from 15% of the print run.

# reported - # projected - signer

2 - 125 - Daniel Radcliffe / Gary Oldman (Redemption; Ultra Rare)
1 - 125 - Henry Lloyd-Hughes / Clémence Poésy (Redemption; Ultra Rare)
4 - 125 - James Isaac / Tom Felton (Redemption; Ultra Rare)

5 - 200 - Predrag Bjelacas / Stanislav Ianevski (Redemption; Rare)
3 - 200 - Richard Leaf as Auror Dawlish (Rare)
3 - 200 - Verne Troyer as Griphook the Goblin (Rare)

11 - 575 - Ryan Nelson as Slightly Creepy Boy
11 - 575 - Robert Jarvis as Young James Potter
11 - 575 - Tolga Safer as Karkaroff's Aide

15 - 750 - Apple Brook as Professor Grubbly-Plank (Redemption)

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up 2 boxes the other day. Here' the combined
short report of pulls and may try to get a pic
or two up soon....

Sets: 3 complete, nearly 4
Toppers, 3&4
Puzzle Foils: 1,3,5 & 6 (eachx2) also 8 & 9
Costume Cards: NONE
Prop Cards: NONE
Autographs: R. Jarvis/Young James Potter
Redemption: Radcliffe/Oldman Autograph Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gringott,

Posts: 19 | Location: Midwest U.S. | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK... after the very fortunate luck in my 2 boxes, I decided to try a THIRD but probably should've quit while I was ahead. It was a cheaper price at a different shop and out of a different case. I was able to get missing cards I needed to complete base sets and did get one decent insert though....so not too bad.

Base sets: only ONE but other cards needed to finish previous set off.
Topper: BT5
Foils: 2,4,6,7,8
Autographs: NONE
Costumes: NONE
Prop: P8 Yule Ball Drapes Programs /400

Don't know if I'll opt for a fourth or not....
sometimes these boxes just call out my name Wink

Posts: 19 | Location: Midwest U.S. | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I had sent in my redemption card for double autos of Igor Karkaroff, Viktor Krum a little over a month ago. Today - it arrived in the mail - a nice card, the two signers won't win any penmanship awards, though.

Artbox was nice enough to include 3 promos for Memorable Moments as well as three promos 01-03, for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

Hope others here are getting their redemptions filled .

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
2 boxes:

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Artbox and they said the Harry-Sirius double autos are IN...and will be mailed out within the week... should receive by next week! Thumb Up

NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
I opened a case last night and here is the break:

2 box topper sets
3 foil puzzle sets (was shorted at least one Pz4)
5 autographs: Richard Leaf, Ryan Nelson, Tolga Safer, Pedja Bjelac and Stanislav Ianevski, Henry Lloyd-Hughes and Clémence Poésy Smile
8 costumes: C1, C2 x2, C3, C4, C5, C8, C10, C12
3 props: P7, P11, P12

I wish Artbox would include more lower level chase sets. Opening pack after pack of base cards got really boring really fast. Even so, it is a very well done set.

quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Just a thought - maybe in the next Artbox staff meeting, maybe someone could suggest " How about if we put numbers on the back of the card that people can read? Or should we continue with the font that has 2's, 3's and 5's that look alike?"

The look-alike numbers were very frustrating. It was very difficult to collate the base sets.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: The Mouseketeer,

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Victory_is_Mine!!
posted Hide Post
Picked up a case of these at one of those "too good to be true" prices. Way different than the one I opened last year.

Box 1: c7
Box 2: p7, c3
Box 3: c8, A-Jarvis
Box 4: A-Troyer
Box 5: A-Leaf
Box 6: P4, C2
Box 7: P8, C4
Box 8: A- Apple, C8
Box 9: A- Safer, C9
Box 10: C10

Better mix than the one I posted last year, and, like I said, the price was a steal.

Posts: 86 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
I opened one box today for Open That Box Day.

BT1
PZ1, 3, 5, 7, 9
Auto: Ryan Nelson as Slightly Creepy Boy
Costume: C12 Hermione/Ginny double costume (the Hermione swatch is a three-color variant) Clap

I was also happy to collate two full base sets from the box. After reading the posts here, I was expecting to get not even one set.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just got one box, better late than never

Box topper 5
Chase cards PZ1,PZ3,PZ5,PZ7,PZ8
Auto- Young James Potter
Costume card- Harry and Oliver Wood Double 330/430

Posts: 9 | Location: Rochester Michigan | Registered: May 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post