Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Donruss Americana (Donruss)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donruss Americana (Donruss)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I figured as much. That is a good thing for folks who broke down quite a bit of the product as they are 2 different base sets.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
great breaks--all Clap

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
I figured as much. That is a good thing for folks who broke down quite a bit of the product as they are 2 different base sets.

There is only 1 base set. I only opened retail and sent singles to someone who only opened hobby. The cards are exactly the same, there is no mirror board base set.
Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Just checking eBay, there is a seller that is listing a base set of retail cards. On the auction, the seller posted a question and reply regarding the difference. The seller stated that the retail cards do not have the "shiny foil coating" on them.

So unless this seller got cards that skipped a step in the process, it appears that there are indeed two different versions of the base set.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I opened 1 box today.

12 base cards - including Debbie Reynolds. I was hoping for her auto card.

Cinema Stars : CS-5 Ron Howard (335/500)
Hollywood Legends Silver Screen: HL-38 Yvonne De Carlo coat (002/100)
Hollywood Legends : HL-40 Bing Crosby (366/500)
Private Signings Auto : 24 Jack Hanna (025/400)
Sports Legends : SL-1 Willie Mays jersey (091/100)

Proof cards
Stars Material Gold : 55 Neil Patrick Harris shirt (22/25)
Base Gold : 9 Barbara Eden (030/100)
Base Silver : 37 Gilbert Gottfried (015/250)

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I went to the card show today and was not planning to buy any of this as I had already bought a couple singles off of ebay. But there wasn't much else I wanted at the show so I first bought 1 pack.

The pack contained a Marilyn Monroe skirt card, #d /250! Dance Luv You

After that pull I couldn't stop myself from buying a box. Did pretty well with it:

Cinema Stars Dom Deluise #d /500

Hollywood Legends Yvonne DeCarlo #d /500

Gold Proof Billy Dee Williams, #d /100

Silver Proof Leonard Nimoy, #d /250 Smile

Silver Proof Vince Neil #d /250

Autographs/Memorabilia:

Private Signings Martin Klebba (seems like everyone gets this card!) #d /1250

Giovanni Ribisi shirt #d /250 (bright green fabric)

Hollywood Legends Ava Gardner dress, #d /325 Big Grin

Cinema Stars Larry Hagman Autograph/Shirt #d 25/25!!! Metal

Fun product, but expensive. I will just track down a couple more singles and that'll be that.

If interested, the Klebba autograph, Ribisi shirt, Williams gold proof and Neil silver proof are available for trade.

Here are the scans:

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls!

Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's either a hit or miss product like most high end stuff. There is a lot of cool autos/memorabilia, but in reality for myself, I would have been better off just buying the single autos I wanted, seeing I could care less about the memorabilia.

Posts: 268 | Location: LEMON-ville | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hornetsfan:
Yeah, it's either a hit or miss product like most high end stuff. There is a lot of cool autos/memorabilia, but in reality for myself, I would have been better off just buying the single autos I wanted, seeing I could care less about the memorabilia.
That's exactly why I've not bought any of this product. A lot of the breaks I've seen, especially from watching YouTube, people aren't breaking even with their pulls.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a really cool set though Thumb Up

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean. I know that I probably should have stopped after pulling the Monroe card from the single pack, counting myself lucky.

But, I saw the box and hoped for another big pull. The Hagman is cool, being so low numbered, and the Ava Gardner is very nice, but I was a little disappointed in the other two "hits". Oh well, I did purchase a few nice singles on ebay and will post them when they arrive.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's even more expensive if you live outside the US.I have been trying my luck on the auction sites but you can't win a box for under $120 at the moment,then add on $15-20 in postage and a possible 20% more on top if unlucky with customs and it's just too expensive for four hits.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
I opened 2 cases of Hobby and did okay. Some of the best pulls were:

• Nimoy Directors Cut Autograph #/25
  • Carrie Fisher Cinema Stars Autograph #/50
  • Cindy Morgan Cinema Stars Autograph #/25
  • Barbara Eden/Larry Hagman Co-Stars Autographs
  • Dawn Wells/Russell Johnson Co-Stars Autographs
  • Dawn Wells/Russell Johnson Co-Stars Materials
  • Tony Curtis Legends Autograph/Shirt #/25
  • Ava Gardner Golden Era Legends 1/50
  • Rudolph Valentino Legends #/25
  • Cindy Williams Private Signings Autograph #/25
  • Dina Meyer Star Materials Gold Proof Shirt #/10
  • Giovanni Ribisi Cinema Star Materials Autograph Shirt with Button Numbered to only 4

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
I ended up picking up 9 autos I wanted for around the price of a box at the local card shop. So basically I wasted a lot of money on stuff I really don't want. If anyone is looking to build a set or anything, everything except my Berryman, Nemec, and Van Patten are for trade.

Posts: 268 | Location: LEMON-ville | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hornetsfan,
i broke open 26 boxes and can not put a set together!! i need 1 7 10 27 45 94 and 96. lmk if you or anyone can help. i have stacks to trade!!!

Posts: 98 | Location: Livonia, MI 48154 | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
I only have 4 of those cards you need. I think the numbers are 1, 7, 27, and 96. Don't have them next to me or the checklist otherwise I could tell you for sure.

I know 1 is Travolta and 96 is Scott Baio. I believe another one is Catherine Bach but can't remember the other. I know I don't have 45 or 94.

Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
I also have the Sagal, Gould, and Green memorabila available along with the Ed McMahon auto.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in the Ed McMahon auto and the Marlon Brando pants. What kind of cards are you looking for in exchange?

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what weere you looking for in trade?

Posts: 98 | Location: Livonia, MI 48154 | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
rl75 I'm basically looking for anything horror related.

eshegg, they don't really have any value to me seeing I'm not going for a set. So basically if you reimburse me for the cost to ship and cost of what ever you wanted them shipped in that would be good enough.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hornetsfan,
I have some Twilight Zone autos, Outer Limits autos, an Army of Darkness Andy Hartnell auto and 2 sketch cards, a Sleepy Hollow Casper Van Dien auto, a Mummy Returns Ardeth Bay costume card, and a Donruss Americana Chris Sarandon auto (with a slight dent in one corner).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rl75,

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post