Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    2009 Star Trek The Original Series (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2009 Star Trek The Original Series (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted
Also know as Star trek Archives.

I am somewhat surprised that I am the 1st to post a box breakdown. But here Goes.

2 Boxes arrived this morning (very fast del to UK considering it was only released a week ago)

2009 Star Trek: The Original series
(Star Trek Archives)
Box Breakdowns
Rittenhouse Archives

Box # 6554 opened 20/08/2009
4 The Cage Lenticular Cards #L4, L5, L6, L7
3 Portrait cards M52, M55 & M62
2 Tribute cards #T7 & T11
3 Autograph Cards A226 Tom Troupe, A210 Carol Daniels & A160 Leslie Shatner (Very Ltd) Dance Elephant Thumb Up

Box # 4529 opened 20/08/2009
4 The Cage Lenticular Cards L4, L5, L6, L7
All Dupes of 1st box
3 Portrait cards M46, M47 & M51
2 Tribute cards T7 & T11 Both Dupes of 1st box
3 Autograph Cards A211 Harry Basch & A191 Paul Baxley (Limited) Thumb Up

Very Pleased to get a Very Ltd and a Limited card out of the two boxes although disappoing to get 6 duplicate chase cards in only my 2nd Box AND to be missing an Auto card.

Love the Tribute cards - A nice touch i Think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I purchased a box of this release today, with the following finds:

(Box # 3116)
Base sets - 1 complete, 3 duplicate cards
Lenticulars - L5, L6, L7, L8
Portraits - M52, M55, M63
Tribute - T3, T14
Autographs - A203 (Sandra Smith), A232 (Barbara Bouchet),

and...

A199 (William Shatner as Mirror Universe Kirk) Big Grin

I was excited to pull the Shatner autograph. I know he has signed for many releases before, but this is the first one I have pulled (or even owned, for that matter!). I also like the Tribute insert set--nice to give some recognition to actors/actresses who are no longer with us, but made their mark in the Star Trek Universe in some way.

Another great Rittenhouse release.

Edit: I realized as I sorted out the set that I forgot to note that many of the packs with chase cards had 6 cards, not 5 as noted on the wrapper. Otherwise, it would have been very difficult to complete a set from one box. As it was, the collation was VERY tight with this box, as indicated by the 3 duplicate cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Will,

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Major congrats, Will! Two limited autos and the monster VL all in one box! Clap

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Major congrats, Will! Two limited autos and the monster VL all in one box!

I didn't realize that until I checked the Rittenhouse website. Maybe I should not get another box, as it's all downhill from here....

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Three boxes, without Will's "magic box." Wink Just one Limited out of 9 autos. Box is 24 packs of 5 cards, 8000 numbered boxes, 12 boxes per case. Expect 1.03 sets of 110 base cards per box if collation were perfect because it seems there are indeed enough six-per-packs to give the boxes three extra commons (125 cards per box).

BOX 5749

Base cards (110): 1 complete set, 3 extras
Tribute Cards (18; 1:12 packs): T4 T18
Star Trek Portraits (18, 1: 8 packs): M48 M49 M54
In Motion Lenticular Cards (18, 1:6 packs): L13 L14 L15 L16
Autograph Cards (48, 1: 8 packs):
... A198 Elinor Donahue as Nancy Hedford in "Metamorphosis"
... A203 Sandra Smith as Janice Lester in "Turnabout Intruder" [Limited]
... A225 Susanne Wasson as Lethe in "Dagger of the Mind"

BOX 7228

Tribute Cards (18; 1:12 packs): T2 T9
Star Trek Portraits (18, 1: 8 packs): M48 M49 M54 [again]
In Motion Lenticular Cards (18, 1:6 packs): L2 L3 L4 L5
... A168 Leslie Parrish as Lt. Palamas in "Who Mourns for Adonais?"
... A222 Venita Wolf as Yeoman Ross in "The Squire of Gothos"
... A223 Miko Mayama as Yeoman Tamura in "A Taste of Armageddon"

BOX 7227

Tribute Cards (18; 1:12 packs): T6 T17
Star Trek Portraits (18, 1: 8 packs): M47 M51 M57
In Motion Lenticular Cards (18, 1:6 packs): L5 L6 L7 L8
... A198 Elinor Donahue as Nancy Hedford in "Metamorphosis" [again]
... A210 Carol Daniels as Zroa in "The Savage Curtain"
... A226 Tom Troupe as Lt. Harold in "Arena"

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I am not really a Star Trek collector, but I got a bargain box of the last Star Trek original series set in this format (2007, Series II, I believe) and being impressed by the design of those, I went in for a box of these for $60 (no tax) at a local warehouse show.

It's a nice way to show support to Rittenhouse (as I anxiously await the next Twilight Zone set) and to add 48 points to my wrapper redemption tally. Any big "hits" I'd have just considered a bonus.

Well, no limited autographs, but 3 signatures as advertised and I found cards 1-5 of the the Lenticular set. These are some of the nicest lenticulars ever with teriffic motion effects. Very sharp.

The tribute cards are a nice touch and the continuing portraits series remains visually pleasing. I received the expected quantity of those cards

I would've liked a complete base set from my box, but was short one card once sorted.

All in all a very good set for non-sports cards collectors in general, and I would imagine a great one for devotees of the original series.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:

BOX 5749

Got the exact same 3 autographs in my box, didn't keep the number but it was in the lower 5000's.

Elinor Donahue is certainly showing up a lot in this very small sample.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Elinor signed for TV's Coolest Classics and at least one other Star Trek set (35th Ann, I believe) so she's clearly a willing signer. Perhaps she signed some extra cards for this set.

I didn't mention my "common" signers by name in my breakdown above, but I didn't get a Donahue in my box and I would've liked one. She was great on the old "Andy Griffith" show.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I didn't mention my "common" signers by name in my breakdown above, but I didn't get a Donahue in my box and I would've liked one. She was great on the old "Andy Griffith" show.

If by some chance you pulled either Chari Nims or Lezlie Dalton, I would be happy to trade ya a Donahue. Wave

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by allender:

BOX 5749

Got the exact same 3 autographs in my box, didn't keep the number but it was in the lower 5000's.

Elinor Donahue is certainly showing up a lot in this very small sample.

I had purchased some loose packs from another box recently, and also got the same three autos. These three ladies must have been busy. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

If by some chance you pulled either Chari Nims or Lezlie Dalton, I would be happy to trade ya a Donahue. Wave

Thumb Up Thanks, but my autos were from two fellows (Troupe and one other) and a lady, I believe Carol Daniels...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Darn!

BTW Will, Sandra Smith is a limited auto so I highly doubt that she signed as many as the other two. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to swap my extra Donahue from this set for an Ellie Mae from TV's Coolest Classics. [ducking]

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I had a very interesting 4 box break this evening. Just to set the table, my buddy and I each got 4 boxes from the same dealer who just took 4 boxes out of a sealed case and gave us the balance.

His 4 boxes had (not in pulled order) A197, A198, A213, A218, A222, A223, A224, A225, A227, A235, A237, A238...all common autos. Mine went as follows:

Box 1:
A209 Mark Robert Brown (L) Smile
A229 Gary Combs (L) Smile
A205 William Wintersole (VL) Elephant

Box 2:
A194 David Gerrold
A201 Hagan Beggs
A229 Gary Combs (L) Confused

Box 3:
A191 Paul Baxley (L) Smile
A215 William O'Connell
A229 Gary Frickin' Combs (L) Shake Head

Box 4
A198 Elinor Donahue
A225 Susanne Wasson
A224 Shari Nims (one of the two I need to complete a common auto set for someone)
Yay! a box with no Gary Combs!!!!

Aside from the fact that I pulled 3 of the same "Limited" auto from 4 (or 8 if you inclue my buddy's) boxes, my buddy also had a box that had the same 3 autos as box 4. Shake Head I know that they happen, but in the same case?

Don't get me wrong, I will take a limited auto over a common anyday but I sure would have liked to not get 3 of the same person. Funky coalation aside, it is a great looking set and a fun rip.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Got another box today:

Box # 6563 opened 02/09/2009
4 The Cage Lenticular Cards #L1, L2, L17 & L18
3 Portrait cards M46, M47, & M51
2 Tribute cards #T17 & T10
4 Autograph Cards A209 Mark Robert Brown (Limited), A196 Skip Homeier (Limited) & A215 William O’Connell AND A203 Sandra Smith (Limited)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Boldlygone,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Impressive box! Eek

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I picked up a box today while out-of-town.
Box number 1111
I got 1 full set + 3 duplicates
L13, L14, L15, L16
Tribute cards T1 and T7
Portraits M56, M58 and M60
Autos
A194 David Gerrold writer the trouuble with tribbles
A201 hagan Beggs as Lt. Hansen
A207 Sabrina Scharf as miramanee (Limited)

Like Last years set Rittenhouse did a nice job. A fun box to break.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
Got another box today:

Box # 6553 opened 02/09/2009
4 The Cage Lenticular Cards #L1, L2, L17 & L18
3 Portrait cards M46, M47, & M51
2 Tribute cards #T17 & T10
4 Autograph Cards A209 Mark Robert Brown (Limited), A196 Skip Homeier (Limited) & A215 William O’Connell AND A203 Sandra Smith (Limited)

YOur dealer must like you Smile

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
And I love my dealer Luv You

Here's what I pulled from the 2 boxes that arrived today.
A bit disappointing really with only 1 ltd auto between them and 2 duplicate auto cards.
Oh well. They were fun to open anyhow. And the set looks much nicer now it is in its proper binder
Box # 6555 opened 10/09/2009 (posted 18/08/09)
4 The Cage Lenticular Cards #L8, L9, L10 & L11
3 Portrait cards M49, M50 & M53
2 Tribute cards #T1 & T15
3 Autograph Cards
A194 David Gerrold,
A201 Hagan Beggs &
A207 Sabrina Scharf (Limited)

Box # 5523 opened 10/09/2009 (posted 18/08/09)
4 The Cage Lenticular Cards #L2, L3, L4 & L5 again
3 Portrait cards M57, M58 & M60
2 Tribute cards #T3 & T13
3 Autograph Cards
A194 David Gerrold,
A201 Hagan Beggs &
A238 Marlys Burdette

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I grabbed a box of these at the Chicago show last month
and am finally getting around to posting the breakdown:

Box 6877/8000

Missing 11 cards for a base set with 14 other duplicates Frown
L14, L15, L16, L17
Tribute cards T6, T17
Portraits M46, M47, M51
Autos:
A168 - Leslie Parrish as Lt. Palamas
A216 - William Sargent as Thomas Leighton
A199 - William Shatner as Mirror Universe Kirk Dance

Kinda bummed about the base set but the Kirk auto helps ease the pain. Smile

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post