Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Ant-Man & The Wasp (Upper Deck, 2018)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ant-Man & The Wasp (Upper Deck, 2018)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Very surprised when I searched for this one and found NO breaks. It's a fun set, and on deep discount right now some places.

5 Cards Per Pack, 15 Packs Per Box, 16 boxes Per case.

Boxes usually yield one single memorabilia and 1 additional hit from: multi-memorabilia, autos, mini autos, sketches, and printing plates.

My 16 box case was sketch-light, but fair overall with 3 top-tier sketches.

Here's all the non-costume hits from the case:

Overall, I got several base sets I'm sure, still need to sort them.
I got a full 150 card mini set.
I still need a few Wasp Wings (1 per box, hobby exclusive) even with the ones I had on hand.
1 made one complete X-Con 10-card insert set.
There will be several Tiny Tech and Behind the Lens sets as well.

I have a case break summary video on the website:
https://www.scifi.cards/box-break-videos.html#/

Fun set, and how can you say no to Evangeline Lilly autographs?

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Those are nice sketches.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ed -- nice break and great video.

The Lilly auto is fantastic, and very clean. Some of her autographs go off of the sticker.

I opened some of these recently too and was really impressed with the base cards. They look really nice.

I personally wish the autograph cards were not die cut.

This is a great, fun set.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As I noted on another forum Hannah John Kamen has a lovely flowing in person signature that she has to horribly squeeze up to fit on the stickers .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
As I noted on another forum Hannah John Kamen has a lovely flowing in person signature that she has to horribly squeeze up to fit on the stickers .

Unfortunately her on card autos look about the same:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g...wJAdcv4Ff/s-l400.jpg

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Sorting complete...

16 Box Case = 4 Base Sets

I have more Tiny Tech and Behind the Lens sets than base. But it's a numbers game with 5 cards per pack and only 15 packs per box

I did manage a completer mini card set of 150. These are a great addition to the set and make perfect sense given the subject. And they fit 10 15-pocket pages beautifully.

Will try to squeeze a few more sets with the extras I had and some I picked up.

Remember when we said we wanted rarer base sets? Well, here you go.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Ed

I remember people asking for rarer base sets......but will they pay for them?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

Ed

No, especially not when the base set is large. I think we have already had enough evidence of that, but we are also talking about the majority of card collectors, not the fringe that have no boundaries.

By boundaries, I'm not necessarily talking about the ability to buy, but about having the sense not to buy. It's also a conversation for another thread, but we are dealing now with cards that are just manufactured rarities that have no practical use. Each product begets another product, until it fails. I can afford to buy a 150 card base set for $300. I never will. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Ok that post just made no sense at all, what are you talking about?

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It meant that non-essential things are only worth so much, to so many people. Most people have their internal limit where they are willing to pay up to a point, but no more, for something they don't really need. They could have the money, they just can't see where its worth it.

Non-Sport card collectors don't want worthless base sets, but do they want large base sets costing hundreds of dollars to complete or parallel sets that carry a premium over that? I would say no, most don't. They just want something between Dirt and Gold. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

Ed

The sold prices on eBay looked better than I was expecting on the sets. I actually kept my base cards from the 4 boxes of this I bought. . . I haven't saved base cards in years. Also I tossed the base cards from Bombshells 3 and Defenders I bought at the same time.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

Tossed The Defenders I bought at the same time.

I think I had a mild stroke!

AAACCKK!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
quote:

AAACCKK!

Sorry. . . kind of. After my last move I just generally don't do base cards anymore. It's not worth it for me. If it helps I think I kept the high series base.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
quote:

AAACCKK!

Possibly the ugliest base set in recent memory.

You'd cringe at the number of cards I recycled when I moved from MI to AZ. Weight became an issue, even with the moving company.

Ed

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
It was likely a decade ago, I must have tossed tens of thousands of base cards away. Mostly stuff I had picked up in 10 dollars boxes from the comic book stores (comic images savage dragon, shadow hawk) or cheap boxes from k-mart any of the Star Trek NG series sets.
I was jesting because (gulp) I kinda like the Defenders Set.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post