Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Women of Star Wars (Topps, 2020)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women of Star Wars (Topps, 2020)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Received 2 boxes today. 7 packs per box. Hoped to build close to a set of 100 base cards.

48 base cards out of 100, includes parallels, plus 38 duplicates
5 Weapons of Choice of 24
2 Iconic Moments of 22
6 Powerful Pairs of 28
2 Journey of Leia of 8

2 autographs
Catherine Tabor as Numa
Julie Dolan as Princess Leia

and the big surprise:
2 sketches!
a very nice Aayla Secura by ?
a female version of Yoda, Yaddle? by Frank Kadar

Thoughts: It was just bad luck that I got mostly duplicates of base cards. Base set is nicely done. There are 82 chase cards,quite a lot for this set.
I had hoped I would get someone from the movies as autographs, but got 2 animated character voice actors. I have been told sketches are 2 per case, if that's true,I hit the jackpot this time. The Aayala sketch is beautiful, have to research the name on back, Imay have something done by this artist before, The Yaddle sketch is nice, both are b & w. Will get some more of these to try and finish base set.

Posts: 2910 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
yes the sketches are 2 a case so you did great there. Without the sketches i'm not sure what you had got for your money.

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just purchased a box -I thought £44 was a good deal until I saw 7 packs per box ☹️ - the autos so far seem average and the chance of a sketch poor I aleast thought I would have a near base set no luck either. Note to self do not go to the topps site while drinking

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got 2 more boxes of these today. No sketches this time, but there was a surprise in there.

Still do not have a full set! Have 80 different base cards. Will try to get those through trades.
Chase included:
5 Weapons of Choice
2 Iconic Moments
7 Powerful Pairs
2 Journey of Leia

2 autographs
Charlotte Louise as Margo
Nazeen Contractor as Synara San

and 1 Print Plate -Cyan of card 17

Can't beleive I still lack a full set, but have some for trading. Have a few chase duplicates too. The autos are okay, I have not seen any of the Star Wars animated shows, so don't know who some of the signers are. I missed the fact that print plates were included, so that was a total surprise for me. Still like this set.

Posts: 2910 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
4 boxes and no base set???

I would be getting ready to kill somebody by now. Mad Twak

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
4 boxes and no base set???

I would be getting ready to kill somebody by now. Mad Twak

Not a surprise when it's 7 packs per box. Especially if it's the usual 4 or 5 cards per pack.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
No, I'm not really that mad. I expected that building a base set would be difficult. 7 packs per box, take out the parallels and chase and you have about 40 cards. The first box today was good, but the second box had pretty much the same cards as the first two boxes. I was more disappointed by the autos, but I'm keeping them - I saw someone else got a full set with 4 boxes, which is about the same as a 24 pack box.

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I bought two boxes of this. I thought I was only going to buy one, but I didn't realize that it wasn't the standard 24 pack release.

Box 1
39 base cards
5 orange base parallels
1 blue base parallel
1 green base parallel, #67 52/99
3 Powerful Pairs PP-4, PP-13, PP-25
2 Weapon of Choice WC-1, WC-20
1 Weapon of Choice purple parallel WC-13 #20/25
1 Iconic Moment IM-9
1 Journey of Leia JL-4
1 autograph, A-JD Julie Dolan as the voice of Princess Leia Organa
1 sketch card of Captain Phasma by Jake Minar

Box 2
40 base cards
4 orange base parallels
2 blue base parallels
1 green base parallel #49 48/99
4 Powerful Pairs PP-2, PP-22, PP-25,PP-28
2 Weapon of Choice WC-3, WC-10
1 Iconic Moment IM-7
1 Journey of Leia JL-7
1 autograph, A-AF Anna Francolini as Imperial Border Guard

I was even more pleased with the sketch after reading above that there are only 2 per case. It's worth noting that I don't have a single base card double between the two boxes. The only double that I have is one of the Powerful Partners chase cards.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I found a box of this in a store while on vacation this past week. I couldn't resist. I bought it. It only had 4 base cards that I didn't already have. Here is the breakdown for the chase cards and parallel cards:

5 orange base parallels
1 blue base parallel
1 green base parallel, #96 73/99
3 Powerful Pairs PP-7, PP-14, PP-18
2 Weapon of Choice WC-12, WC-23
1 Iconic Moment IM-3
1 Journey of Leia JL-1
1 autograph, A-TS Tiya Sircar as Sabine Wren, blue parallel numbered 33/50
1 sketch card of a droid by Darrin Pepe

I was really surprised to pull a sketch card out of that box.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Unless someone knows something I don't, 8 boxes mentioned and these autograph pulls have been awful.

Posts: 10366 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Unless someone knows something I don't, 8 boxes mentioned and these autograph pulls have been awful.

Well 8 boxes is a little bit of a small sample to start calling a product awful. It's not even a case worth.

This isn't a high dollar, high end set. It's an affordable 'average' product and as such most pulls will be 'average'.

I think it's also worth noting the number of sketches pulled, which are an additional hit and one plate.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I got a box from Ed a while back.
I got a panorama sketch card of Asoka and the Hermine Cornfield auto out of 99 and a Powerful pair out of 5. It is nice mini box assortment of cards. I enjoyed it a lot. I may return for another box or two.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Well 8 boxes is a little bit of a small sample to start calling a product awful. It's not even a case worth.

This isn't a high dollar, high end set. It's an affordable 'average' product and as such most pulls will be 'average'.

I think it's also worth noting the number of sketches pulled, which are an additional hit and one plate.

Ed

I didn't call the product awful Ed, I called the autograph cards pulled awful. Big Grin

It is a very small sample, but more boxes than I myself would buying in one shot. As I'm only interested in autograph hits and I wouldn't want any of the ones mentioned, any other type of hit would be appreciated, but not really the purpose of my purchase.

So no, these box breaks don't encourage me to buy boxes, although they are certainly more affordable as compared to other Star Wars products. Others collectors will have different motivations.

Posts: 10366 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post