Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Golden Age of Comics Heroes & Villains (Breygent 2010)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Golden Age of Comics Heroes & Villains (Breygent 2010)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great sketches everyone Thumb Up .Looks like cardtalkers cornered the market on these Smile .

I have not seen much appearing for sale yet.What is the composition of the set and what do you get in a pack/box?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Each pack contains 1 sketch, 1 base card and 1 promo.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
lovin the sketches esp the Clown sketches Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
I busted 50 packs today. A word of caution to those buying packs on the open market...make sure that you trust the seller as the packs seem as though they woud be easy to reseal since they are done so with tape.

I've bought some packs, this is worrying. Mad

Why would Tom make it easy for the unscrupulous seller on THAT site. Whilst all the sketches are great it would be nice to have a chance of finding some of the out-standing sketches available.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
I busted 50 packs today. A word of caution to those buying packs on the open market...make sure that you trust the seller as the packs seem as though they woud be easy to reseal since they are done so with tape.

I've bought some packs, this is worrying. Mad

Why would Tom make it easy for the unscrupulous seller on THAT site. Whilst all the sketches are great it would be nice to have a chance of finding some of the out-standing sketches available.

No Worries. Thumb Up We have never sold or will ever sell anything that is tampered with. If we receive something from the manufacturer that looks questionable we do not ship to customers and have it corrected at the 1st level.

However I have to point out that Tom did a fabulous job with this release overall with quality and packaging. Unscrupulous sellers on the other hand are something to be cautious of.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
nothing to worry about as tape should rip the envelope and take paper up with it when you open it. Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
The packaging itself is quite attractive albiet a little small. If the method of sealing the packs was changed up, with some type of unique seal (something that would tear upon opening) then there would be no problems. I am sure that Tom will take in the feedback and correct the potential problem with the next release.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
nothing to worry about as tape should rip the envelope and take paper up with it when you open it. Tom

If you are opening up the packs very carefully, the minimal ammount of flecks would virtually disappear when the tape was put back into place...I played with them a little while I was opening mine.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:

If you are opening up the packs very carefully, the minimal ammount of flecks would virtually disappear when the tape was put back into place...I played with them a little while I was opening mine.

Received my packs today and was able to reseal them without any problem. As Igman7 states you do get a few flecks "sometimes" but when you reseal them they do indeed virtually disappear.

I will post the sketches I got from 20 packs later (probably the week-end). I was disappointed with the breakdown of the promo/base cards, out of the 20 packs only managed to hit 7 base cards the rest were all promos. Got 3 sets of promos 1-7 (where is promo 8 found?).

If that is the hit rate for base cards it will take about 115 packs to put a base set together Frown

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Promo 8 was a Philly non sport show promo card but these were also put in random as a bonus for those that could not make the show. Your packs should have had 1 promo card and 1 base card per pack as I loaded most of this run myself.We are working on a new seal for the Cartoon series and the rest of the series we are doing.Sad we have to make sure everything is tamper proof (100%).But on a positive note The Cartoon series will have a special item in each pack which will be announced soon

Thanks Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
treksearcher,

I would love to see what you pulled. I am looking for Puzzle cards and some of the more rare artists to trade. Sorry about base cards. See email I sent ya!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The sketches I pulled from 20 packets are shown below.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Picture of Wax Wombat
posted Hide Post
Got myself a single pack. Nice little sketch by Darren Ault:

Posts: 52 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: June 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Waxy, you've mixed up 2 artists names there. There's Dane Ault and Darren Auck (your card.)
Both great at what they do.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Opened 15 more packs:

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
SWEET PULLS FOR ONLY 15 Packs! LUCKY DUCKY!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
SWEET PULLS FOR ONLY 15 Packs! LUCKY DUCKY!

That was a great 15 packs, but I've opened up a total of 90 all together! Overall, though, I've been pretty happy with what I pulled.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
wow, a WAR NURSE!!
never tought that could existSmile

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post