Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Complete Avengers 1963-Present (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Complete Avengers 1963-Present (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches, Graham! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I was well pleased to get a Joe Rubinstein. He was one of the artists I always looked forward to seeing. Shame there were so few original comic artists participating. Maybe in the follow-up set... Wink
Very well done to all at Rittenhouse Metal

I think you saw so few comic artists, becouse comic artists charge a lot usually for page rate. so , they probably wanted to much money to do full color somewhat to completely finished sketchs.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Joe Rubinstein does great work. I pulled a beautiful Rubinstein Black Widow sketch and am so pleased with it!

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all that have emailed me about the sketches I pulled but I'm afraid they're all keepers (eleven so far Eek ). I am going to try and make a set not only of every artist, but of every character as well.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
...wow...Now, that would be a master set. Good luck with that, i would love to see the scans of that!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am going to try and make a set not only of every artist, but of every character as well.

Eek

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks to all that have emailed me about the sketches I pulled but I'm afraid they're all keepers (eleven so far Eek ). I am going to try and make a set not only of every artist, but of every character as well.

good luck with that

Posts: 157 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: February 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice one Mate Thumb Up Nice set of Sketches

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I finally got around to scanning the sketch from the last box to arrive. Since my scanner is on the fritz again I'm reduced to using the internet cafe downtown. Now, if those last 14 boxes I have coming would just arrive already... Wink

Black Panther by Ratton

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
I finally got around to scanning the sketch from the last box to arrive. Since my scanner is on the fritz again I'm reduced to using the internet cafe downtown. Now, if those last 14 boxes I have coming would just arrive already... Wink

Black Panther by Ratton

nice one

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!
After viewing this entire thread...I NEED to buy a box of this! The sketches are sweeeeetness!
There are no places in my area that sell non-sports boxes...should I attempt ebay or is there a site online I can buy cheap from?
Thanks,
David

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
This release is sold out and is getting very tough to find boxes. Theres a couple on ebay but don't expect them to go cheap. Eek

--Tim

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
This release is sold out and is getting very tough to find boxes. Theres a couple on ebay but don't expect them to go cheap. Eek

--Tim

The days of cheap boxes are gone. I got one a few weeks back for $59.10 (the one that had the Ratton sketch above actually) but a week and a half ago I paid $69 each for 2 more boxes and close to $800 for a case (both should arrive any day now Big Grin), quite a jump from the roughly $650 per case I paid before release but still worth it in my opinion. There's not much on Ebay right now and the cheapest box is at $71 with 4 days to go.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
I've paid my 2 boxes: 69$ and 84$. One from a dealer and another one from Ebay. Ofcourse without shipping.

But if I find some others boxes I will try to buy them. Big Grin

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
received my boxes today.
Will post breakdowns later.

I will scan the sketches and hopefully I can post them because their is one I don't know who signed it.

I've already discovered the Brian Kong.

A belgian hiphop group

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Brian Kong has some really cool cards!! Thumb Up And I'm sure we can help you with the artist of the other card.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Ok Guys,

Here are my breakdowns and I'm really getting crazy because I've discovered 10 minutes ago who that other artist is.

I've received 2 boxes: #5285 & #7197
Total breakdown:
*4 full base sets + extras (3 full + extras are for trade, just email me for my trade and want list)
*Greatest Enemies Cards: GE1 (2x), GE2, GE4, GE5, GE7, GE8, GE9 (GE1 is for trade)
*Earth Mightiest Heroes: MH2, MH11, MH12, MH17
*Legendary Heroes: LH1, LH7

And the Sketches:
I've didn't had the chance to scan my sketches because my friend his scanner isn't plugged in so once everything is in order I will post them and ask for which character are feautured.
The 2 artists are:
*Brian Kong
*Ian Dorian Elephant Dance Metal Eek Bouncey only 77 exist Razz

A belgian hiphop group

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! Scans! BounceyScans! Bouncey Scans! Wave .........please. Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well done peter Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Who's the characters for the Kong and Dorian?