Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Complete Avengers 1963-Present (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Complete Avengers 1963-Present (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Alright, here are another nine Smile

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
i dont think i have seen a sketch i havent liked!!!

great job RA and great job to the artists

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
It's probably a guy thing but I really like that last Perna sketch. Drool

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
lol, a vampirella fan? :P

also was there a limit to this run?

since i might get a case in the new year (i know a far cry from my eagerness to get a case asap)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Neil,

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil:
lol, a vampirella fan? :P

also was there a limit to this run?

since i might get a case in the new year (i know a far cry from my eagerness to get a case asap)

The release is limited to 8000 boxes, each box is individually serial numbered out of 8000 on the foil sticker that seals the boxes.

-Goethe

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
My local comic/card shop got their 4 boxes in today. 1 was already open and a few packs already gone so I bought a bunch of loose packs, 20 total and I also snapped up 2 of the 3 remaining boxes. I also scanned my 2 case incentive. Click on the pictures for full size versions.

Breakdown-

Loose packs-
2- greatest enemies
1- mightiest heroes
1- Grant Gould Captain America sketch

Box #7521 of 8000

Proper number of inserts
1 Renae DeLiz she-hulk sketch

Box #7287 of 8000

Proper number of inserts
1 Mark Texeira Spider-Man sketch

-Goethe

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Another great Deliz and the Spidey by Tex is great, too.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Picked-up 5 loose packs from the local comic shop today. I was lucky enough to pull a Renea DeLiz sketch. Not sure of the character or the significance of the scene though. Anybody of any ideas? Thanks, Brandon

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prospect5k:
Picked-up 5 loose packs from the local comic shop today. I was lucky enough to pull a Renea DeLiz sketch. Not sure of the character or the significance of the scene though. Anybody of any ideas? Thanks, Brandon

I'm pretty sure the character is "Angel", as for the scene it simply looks like he is soaring skyward. Very nice sketch and a great find for 5 packs.

-Goethe

Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Its funny that you mention that it looks like he is soaring skyward, because to me it looks like he is falling backwards. Guess it all depends which way you look at it.

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prospect5k:
Thanks for the info. Its funny that you mention that it looks like he is soaring skyward, because to me it looks like he is falling backwards. Guess it all depends which way you look at it.

Maybe naenae will peek at this thread and let us know what her intent was with the character, nothing like having the artists themselves lurking on the board. Smokin'

-Goethe

posted Hide Post
Just cracked another case, only 2 boxes left that I sent with my dad, and he will probably crack them over the weekend, only dissappointment is that after 70 boxes I have not pulled a single spiderman. Frown Some really nice other sketches though!!! Smile

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ztaylork:
Just cracked another case, only 2 boxes left that I sent with my dad, and he will probably crack them over the weekend, only dissappointment is that after 70 boxes I have not pulled a single spiderman. Frown Some really nice other sketches though!!! Smile

Don't I see spidey in that Auck sketch? Razz Out of curiosity, did you come close to a set of all the artists from your 70 boxes?

-Goethe

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
]

Don't I see spidey in that Auck sketch? Razz Out of curiosity, did you come close to a set of all the artists from your 70 boxes?

No spidey that I can see. Frown I think I am still about 8 artists away from a whole set, I will have to go check for sure. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
how are you guys and/or girls buying so many cases Frown

Might have to start getting my cards that i want to trade sorted and get a set that way, though it takes the fun out of getting sets/chase

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
There are some really Great sketches there, well done to the artists, RA and you guys for pulling them Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Thread summary. I just added up all the breakdowns for fun. Here's a breakdown of the sketches pulled so far

145 total boxes accounted for, 144 color sketches

Mahmud Asrar (310)- 3
Darren Auck (268)- 7
James Bukauskas (117)- 1
Jose Carlos (305)- 2
Jeff Chandler (250)- 3
Justin Chung (126)- 3
Igor Cicarini (224)- 5
Dan Day (300)- 5
Dave Day (296)- 3
Ray Dillon (398)- 4
Renae DeLiz (399)- 7
Guy Dorian (132)- 2
Ian Dorian (77)- 1
Brent Engstrom (346)- 7
Otis Frampton (100)- 1
Dave Fox (188)- 3
Matthew Goodmanson (275)- 4
Grant Gould (251)- 5
Don Hillsman (300)- 2
Tom Hodges (265)- 2
John Jackman (240)- 2
Brian Kong (378)- 3
Jim Kyle (296)- 7
Mike Lilly (150)- 3
Dave Lynch (250)- 3
Rich Molinelli (298)- 4
Brandon McKinney (307)- 3
Warren Martineck (266)- 4
Tom Nguyen (139)- 1
Tony Perna (250)- 3
Tyler Richlen (257)- 3
Scott Rosema (121)- 2
Joe Rubenstein (335)- 4
Ricardo Ratton (266)- 4
Tone Rodriguez (295)- 7
Uko Smith (356)- 3
Jason Sobol (228)- 4
Mark Texeira (360)- 5
Eddie Viera (210)- 3
Jeff Welborn (310)- 3
Ron Wilson (170)- 3
Unsigned- 1

Stan Lee- 3

-Goethe

Picture of Rita
posted Hide Post
Smile

Had a lot of fun opening my case...
great cards and great sketches... I too haven't seen a sketch card that I haven't liked yet!

Only downside was that I didn't get a complete set of both the Mightiest Heroes and Legendary Heroes ...

Click on the link to see images of the cards, and please feel free to supply me with the characters names or correct me if I have got any wrong Big Grin

sketches

P.S. None of the sketches are for trade or sale, I can't bear to part with any of them... Smile

Posts: 268 | Location: Valencia, SPAIN | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
P.S. None of the sketches are for trade or sale, I can't bear to part with any of them...

Niiiiice! BTW i think the character unnamed is Grim Reaper. If you haven't got trades for the MH and LH you are missing let me know in a couple of weeks (I am about to be on holiday) as I can probably help.

Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rita
posted Hide Post
Smile

Thanks for the missing character name...and the offer on MH and LH ... Smile

Have a great holiday!!!! Wavey

Smile

Posts: 268 | Location: Valencia, SPAIN | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post