Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    American Pie (Topps, 2011)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Pie (Topps, 2011)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Missed this set when it first came out otherwise would have definitely picked up a couple of boxes.Glad I did miss out originally as I picked up a great bargain lot of cards off Ebay a couple of weeks ago Big Grin .

As it;s not a box break have posted it in "my best ebay finds" in the greatest hits section.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Found a cheap hobby box on eBay and I'm happy with my pulls. Smile

Buster Keaton coin card (dime)
Gettsyburg memorabilia card
Butch Patrick relic
Frank Sinatra spotlight refractor card
4 foil base cards
"You'll Die Laughing" buyback card

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19 | Location: Midwest U.S. | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here's my hits from a box I got last week

I'm a big fan of this set. I was around for the original ones from 2001 and 2002 and this much larger 200 card non-sport set really upgrades the pop culture aspect of those original sets which were both partially comprised of baseball cards of retired players.

I really like the buybacks and was thrilled to get an Evel Knievel, having been a kid in the 70's when Evel was the man! Here are some previous buybacks I've got.

And looking at the thread above, I've seen there are some for Star Wars 1977, Return of the Jedi 1983, Dick Tracy, Beatles 1964, and at least a few others, making these buybacks a pretty big list.
I wonder how many sets Topps used in all? I'd like to get at least one from each, especially Star Wars.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
I opened a 24-pack retail box.

APAR-5 Trista Sutter auto relic
APR-8 Jimmie Walker relic
Spotlight Refractor: 4/11/54 Most Boring Day
Buyback: Good Times sticker "The pint-sized Protester"
8 Walk of Fame cards
6 Fads & Fashions cards
4 Hirsute History cards

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
I opened one more hobby box for Open That Box day.

Gettysburg relic
Carrot Top relic
Butch Patrick relic
Spotlight Refractor: First Corvetter Released 49/76