Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    WCW Series 1 (Topps)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WCW Series 1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted
I recently bought a box off ebay and here is what I got,

Base set x2

Topps Chrome (1:12)
Randy Savage
Sting
Hollywood Hogan

Autograph Card (1:40)
Hollywood Hogan Big Grin Eek Metal

I still can't believe I pulled that Hogan auto.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darth Vader Fan,

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Opened another series one hobby box and here's what I got,

Complete set

Kevin Nash
Hollywood Hogan
Konnan

Autograph (1:40)
Alex Wright

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got another box today,

Probably a set, haven't gone through them yet

Bret Hart x2
The Giant

Wrath

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Found another hobby box but boy was it a dud Frown

Base set x2

Lex Luger
DDP
Goldberg

None Twak Confused

posted Hide Post
got 6 boxes for £200

box 1

ddp auto

box 2

Eddie Guerrero auto

both keepers Thumb Up

i will open others tonight after work and post the breaks,be back later

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markdennett,

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
box 3

Miller auto

box 4

Nash auto

box 5

Bobby Heenan auto

box 6

Giant auto and a Chris Benoit auto,

Its a little strange pulling an auto of a child killer and wife abuser.could be one for the fire??

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Eddie Guerrero died under unusual circumstances, too, but at least he didn't take anyone with him like Benoit.

Still, a nice collection of autographs from your recent boxes, Benoit notwithstanding. Even so, I would imagine there would be some interest in that card. What a terrible story that was! Hopefully, his is one of the brains being studied for effects of concussions on athletes.

I know the former NFL Chicago Bears player Dave Duerson, who committed suicide not to long ago, wrote in his suicide note that he'd like his brain to be studied for that purpose. And again, at least he didn't take anyone else with him when he checked out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "Brain" is still with us.googled it. Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Ahh, glad to hear that and sorry for the misinformation. I must've confused him with someone else. I've edited the post above so as to not jinx the guy any more than I already may have!

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Ahh, glad to hear that and sorry for the misinformation. I must've confused him with someone else. I've edited the post above so as to not jinx the guy any more than I already may have!

Easy done,wrestling has a shocking death rate.thats why i dont go to live shows anymore.i would reconsider if they sorted it out?the drug testing program is a joke with the likes of John Cena walking around?

Back to the cards.anyone else noticed that these are getting harder to find.5 years ago they was all over the place for £5 to £10.dried up now!maybe its because of the deaths of some wrestlers that these are becoming scarcer and that there autographs can still be found in packs?

If i remember correctly there were 3 different sets with wcw autos in?lots of mid-carders were easy to find.the top guys were alot harder.Benoit was a midcarder at the time these were signed but i have never seen another?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
good luck with this card i dont want a battle i withdraw my interest take care Thumb Up

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
would any of those autographs happen to be for sale or for trade? or any idea where I can get a case or some boxes of the 98 wcw product?

Posts: 2 | Location: iowa | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
also, the top guys aren't any harder to get than the mid carders. each guy signed over 1000 cards except for a couple. dean malenko was one that didn't sign as much as the others.

Posts: 2 | Location: iowa | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post