Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Charmed Conversations (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charmed Conversations (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I got your PWCC1 right here!

Box #3533

"Our Sons" Box Loaders -- BL3 - Wyatt & Piper

Autograph Card -- A3 Drew Fuller as Chris

Pieceworks Card -- PWCC1 - Phoebe's T-Shirt
It's gray with the bottoms of four small red letters at the top.

"Charming Men" -- CM-1 - Leo (only one, but who's complaining)

"Transformations" Puzzle Cards --
T-1 - Genie
T-2 - Punked
T-3 - Goddess
T-9 - Gladiator (four in one box!)

2 complete Base Sets + 60 cards towards a third set + 4 quardruples

This was definitely a good first box. I was actually going to get two , but instead, my dealer sold me the last three autographs I needed for a master set of "Men of Sunnydale". A rather good Saturday, to say the least.

BTW:
The back of the box lists the six card set as "Shades of Evil". Instead we got "Charming Men".
I only recently decided to collect this set (gotta get me one of those Billy Drago Auto Cards), so I missed out on the reason for the change. Anyone?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: morenomark,

Posts: 53 | Location: Moreno Valley, CA | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
good for you morenomark on the PWCC1 Thumb Up

Definately want to see a pic please Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gilgle
posted Hide Post
If anyone has a spare base set, let me know. Either we can trade, or I would be willing to pay for shipping. Either way....look at my trade list in the trade section.

Where I had gotten my binder, I thought I was to get the base set too....but I miss read the information.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
I hope it works...

PWCC8:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/Legolas_TheReal/charmedpwcc8var.jpg

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gilgle:
If anyone has a spare base set, let me know. Either we can trade, or I would be willing to pay for shipping. Either way....look at my trade list in the trade section.

Where I had gotten my binder, I thought I was to get the base set too....but I miss read the information.

Gilgle I emailed you Wave

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
great looking pw cee_jay Thumb Up

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
To those who buy cases often, do you pull a box out at random when opening them or have a set way you like to do it? Such as the left-hand side first.
Just curious. I've only ever bought the one case and as I'd gone halves with my sister picked out my 5 boxes (2 on the left, then one on the right, then two on the left again).
Wondering if anyone else does it a particular way or you just don't care Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sketch
posted Hide Post
i don`t care Big Grin

Posts: 192 | Location: Germany | Registered: March 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Even though my dealer received his cases the day before the release date, he was away until Wed night, so I wasn't able to pick up my case until Thu, the day before Dee's Show.
I wanted to get all the inserts pulled and sorted in case I needed the A1 Alyssa Milano autograph or one of the harder to pull PWCC cards.

My uncut mini press sheet was 59 of 199.

I had my choice of 3 cases and chose the bottom one which was numbered case 3 of 3. I figured that since my case order was the last one placed that this was my lucky case.

It's ironic that when I get only a box or two, I can pick the lucky box with a hard to pull autograph, costume or sketch card, but when I get a case, I'm less intuitive.

Box after box and no Alyssa Milano...Sigh. Until the final box and the last few packs yielded the A1 Alyssa Milano. Now I have all three current Halliwell sisters, having gotten Rose McGowan in the "Charmed: Power of 3" set and Holly Marie Coms in the "Charmed: Season 1" set.

Final tally revealed that I had:

Checklists : 25
Case Loader : CL1
Box Loaders: 3 sets of 3 (BL1 - BL3)
Extra : BL1
Charming Men : 3 sets of 6 (CM1 - CM6)
Extra : CM3, CM4, CM5
Foil Puzzle (Transformations) : 3 sets of 9 (T1-T9)
Extra : T1, T2, T3, T7, T8, T9

Autographs: A1 - A10
[One of each available with no dupes or extras]
A5 Billy Drago signed as "Billy E. Drago"; He wrote a
number 6 in a circle in the upper right corner; Inscribed
"I was dancin' in this bar, and When I looked down, My
hand I found....coathanger"

PieceWorks : PWCC1 - T-shirt worn by Alyssa Milano as Phoebe in
the Season 6 episode “The Courtship of Wyatt’s Father.”
[ Grey main section w/o design variation ]

PWCC2 - Top worn by Holly Marie Combs as Piper in the Season 7
episode “Once In A Blue Moon.” [ Beige only - no other variations ]

PWCC3 - Gown worn by Rose McGowan as Paige in the Season 5
episode “Oh My Goddess! Part 2.” [ Red only - no other variations ]

PWCC4 - T-shirt worn by Drew Fuller as Chris in the Season 6 episode
“Valhalley of the Dolls.” [ Green only - no other variations ]

PWCC5 - Shirt worn by Brian Krause as Leo in the Season 6 episode “A
Wrong Day’s Journey Into Right.” [ Reddish pink - no other variations ]

PWCC6 - Robes worn by James Avery as Elder Zola in the Season 7 episode
“A Call To Arms.”
[ White Cloth variation (Common) and Brown Felt variation (Rarer) ]

PWCC8 - Top worn by Holly Marie Combs as Piper in the Season 6 episode
“Prince Charmed.” [ Beige only -no other variations ]

Missing: PWCC7 : 2-piece top worn by Alyssa Milano as
Phoebe Halliwell in Season 6 episode: "Prince Charmed"

Extras: PWCC5 - (Reddish/Pink) Shirt worn by Brian Krause as Leo in
the Season 6 episode “A Wrong Day’s Journey Into Right.”

PWCC6 - Robes (White - more common variation) worn by James
Avery as Elder Zola in the Season 7 episode “A Call To Arms.”

I was so delighted that all I needed to make a Master Set was PWCC7 (either the white or black variations) and P-UK. I thought that since PWCC7 was a 2-piece top, it'd be hard to get. But upon seeing the picture on the cards and speaking to Alyssa of Inkworks at Dee's Show, I was assured by her that it would be an easy card to get. As opposed to the PWCC1 and PWCC2 cards.

And for those wondering aboout the rarity of the A1 Alyssa Milano autograph card. Yes it is a rare card and difficult to get, despite the appearances to the contrary shown by the posts so far. I don't know if I'm allowed to post what I was told, but suffice it to say that the A1, PWCC1, and PWCC2 cards are not 1 per case.

I was able to trade with Ed of "Sci-Fi Cards" for the PWCC7 (white variation) that I needed as well as the PW5 Alyssa Milano (Phoebe) red superheroine suit with stitch variation from the "Charmed: Power of 3" set.

The P-UK has been taken care of, and will arrive in the near future, thus completing a Master Set for this series.

Additional packs that I bought at Dee's show yielded an additional 3 puzzle cards (2 of 3 which I needed), 2 foil cards (1 of 3 which I needed) and 1 checklist.

Thus, I just need a CM-1 & CM-2 to complete a 4th set of the 6-card foil subset, and a T4 to complete a 4th set of the 9-piece puzzle set.

Overall I'm delighted with the number and collation of insert cards, the look and feel of the cards, binder and mini press sheet. I'm looking forward to next year's Charmed set (if there is one, which is highly likely)

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Missed the postman this morning Frown
So will get my box tomorrow!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gilgle
posted Hide Post
Well, I bended and bought a box I'll post my findings when I get it.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RachelH
posted Hide Post
Woohoo!! my box arrived this morning!Yay! scared the postman when i ran down the stairs shouting is that my charmed box and screamed with joy when it was!! ah well!!

Pulled a barbas autograph! Yay!! was more excited about this than i would have been if i had pulled any other! it says:

"both sides claimed victory, which was good news for the undertaker. Billy Drago"

Yay!

RachelH
x x x x

Posts: 325 | Location: Walsall UK | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Box #02468 contained:
BL2
2 base sets (3rd missing 8 cards)
Charming Men: CM4,CM5,CM6 (three in one box!)
Transformations T6,T7,T8
Auto A-8 Avatar Beta (very dissapointed Frown -there were three auto cards I didn't want to get and this was one! Don't even know the character as S7 hasn't been shown yet)
Pieceworks: PWC-C4 Chris green shirt- a nice card, although I was hoping for one of the sisters.

Overall not a bad box, but dissapointed with the auto.

Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberley M:
Auto A-8 Avatar Beta (very dissapointed Frown -there were three auto cards I didn't want to get and this was one! Don't even know the character as S7 hasn't been shown yet)

Smile

I pulled this and the Drew Fuller auto out of two of my boxes, and Oded Fehr out of the third.

I was most disappointed with the Drew Fuller auto which is basically just a D with two little strokes for the F as on the Inkworks site. At least Patrice Fisher has a nice auto.

I have seen Season 7, she does appear in quite a few eps.

I didn't pull any of the autos I really wanted, but on the plus side I did pull three different autos that I now won't have to look for. I really wanted a Jennifer Rhodes or a Billy Drago.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RachelH:
Woohoo!! my box arrived this morning!Yay! scared the postman when i ran down the stairs shouting is that my charmed box and screamed with joy when it was!! ah well!!

Pulled a barbas autograph! Yay!! was more excited about this than i would have been if i had pulled any other! it says:

"both sides claimed victory, which was good news for the undertaker. Billy Drago"

Yay!

RachelH
x x x x

Cool saying from Billy once again,congrats to
you Rachel Thumb Up

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
2 boxes.

Box loaders BL-1, BL-2
Charming Men CM-3, CM-4, CM-5, CM-6
Transformations T-1, T-2 (x2), T-3, T-4, T-5, T-9,
Pieceworks PWCC3 (Paige), PWCC6 (Elder Zola - Tan)
Autos Jennifer Rhodes, Oded Fehr

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RachelH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
quote:
Originally posted by RachelH:

Yay!

RachelH
x x x x

Cool saying from Billy once again,congrats to
you Rachel Thumb Up

Thank You!!

I love that card!! Barbas rocks!

x x x x x

Posts: 325 | Location: Walsall UK | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darbow
posted Hide Post
Got my box through today:::

BL1
Transformations T 1, 2, 3
Charming Men CM 4, 6
PWCC1 Phoebe's top Bouncey Clap Bouncey Clap
A-2 Dorian Gregory as Darryl

Very happy with the results

Posts: 457 | Location: Bristol, U.K | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Darbow.
Good cards for a good person Thumb Up

Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Good for you darbow on the pwcc1,not a bad auto either Thumb Up

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper