Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek Picard season 1 (Rittenhouse Archives, 2021)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Picard season 1 (Rittenhouse Archives, 2021)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted
Opened a case.
Duplicates in all the inserts sets that had a full set.

1 set Character cards
1 set Romulan Tarot
1 set Holocrew of Sirena
1 set Promotional Travel Posters
4 of the 9 Cast of Picard.

Autographs
A5 Jonathan Del Arco as Hugh
A12 Harry Treadaway as Narek
A13 Evan Evagora as Elnor
A18 Rebecca Wisocky as Ramdha
A19 Sumalee Montano as Marisol Asha
A24 Merrin Dungey as Richter
A25 Maya Eshet as Index
A27 Cheksea Harris as Dr. Naashala Kunamadestifee
A28 Alex Diehl as F8
A31 John Ales as Bruce Maddox
A34 Jane Hae Kim as Tal Shiar woman
A35 Kendra munger as Tal Shiar woman
A43 Jamie McShane as Zhaban
A47 David Paymer as Dr. Moritz Benayoun
A49 Amirah Vann as Zani
A50 Necar Zadegan as Bjayzl
A51 Casey King as Icheb
A52 Barbara Eve Harris as Captain Emily Bosch

unnumbered
Lulu Wilson as Kestra Troi-Riker
Necar Zadegan as Bjayzl
Santiago Cabrera as Cristobal Rios
Tamlyn Tomita as General Oh

Dual
Mike Perfetuo and Matt Perfetuo as Codex and Rune
Peyton List and Harry Treadaway as Lt. Rizzo and Narek.

Wanted at one of the TNG crew but ...

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I had two boxes. There are 7,500 boxes in this set.

Box 1
Base set plus 51 spare Roll Eyes
Romulan Tarot x4: RT6, RT8, RT17, RT20
Character Cards: C10 Narek, C18 Laris
Other chase: H2, T2
Autographs: A33 Derek Webster
A34 Jane Hae Kim

Box 2
Base set plus 50 spare Roll Eyes
Character cards: C8 Elnor, C21 Sutra
Romulan Tarot x4: RT4, RT5, RT25, RT26
Cast of Picard: CP7 Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine
Other chase: T6
Autographs: A49 Amirah Vann
Jonathan Del Arco (Bordered)

So nothing exciting even though the Del Arco is an EL card. I really like the Cast of Picard chase set, beautiful design.

Far, FAR, too many spare base cards. I know it's only a 60-card base set, but a few extra chase wouldn't be too much to ask, would it? Smile With 68 autograph cards and only 7,500 boxes it could easily stretch to 3 autographs per a box too.
My boxes were OK, but the last few RA sets have got more and more diluted. It might soon be time for me to not bother with RA boxes at all as they are becoming less and less value for money and would be cheaper to pick up the cards I needed separately. I never expect the big hit(not that lucky and I'm a realist Big Grin ) but I would at least hope to be not too much money down on outlay, but my 1st box contents value is sadly nowhere near the £65 box price..hardly half that value. Frown

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:

Far, FAR, too many spare base cards. I know it's only a 60-card base set, but a few extra chase wouldn't be too much to ask, would it? Smile With 68 autograph cards and only 7,500 boxes it could easily stretch to 3 autographs per a box too.
My boxes were OK, but the last few RA sets have got more and more diluted. It might soon be time for me to not bother with RA boxes at all as they are becoming less and less value for money and would be cheaper to pick up the cards I needed separately. I never expect the big hit(not that lucky and I'm a realist Big Grin ) but I would at least hope to be not too much money down on outlay, but my 1st box contents value is sadly nowhere near the £65 box price..hardly half that value. Frown

I have to agree, I got 2 boxes too. With a 60 card base set they could have produced 4 packs less per box and added a few more chase cards.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Since RA has started making these small 60 card base sets, there are too many duplicates in the box. Dealers are letting complete base sets go between $5 - $8 immediately because they're getting too many to keep when they bust cases.

I know if people keep complaining RA will respond in one of two ways. Either they will make a 200 card base set that takes multiple boxes to complete and few will do it. Or they will simply cut the number of packs and number of cards in each pack and charge you the same price.

What was so bad about the 90 card base set? Too much work to make?

Posts: 10381 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4 box breakdown:

Jane Hae Kim (FB)
Derek Webster (FB)

Jonathan Frakes!!!!!! (FB) Dance
Sumalee Montano (FB)

Jonathan Del Arco (Bordered) Clap
Amirah Vann (FB)

Peyton List (Bordered) Clap
Chelsea Harris (FB)

Excellent pulls!

Posts: 182 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Nice Frakes pull!

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I broke two boxes. One had 2 scarce autos and the other had a very limited and a common. These really need to be mixed up a bit. The box with the "lesser" autos also had 5 packs with only 4 cards. With the amount of duplicate base, maybe they all should have. It would have saved on production costs and postage weight.

Box #4699

Autos (1:12):-
Peyton List (F/B) Scarce
Nikita Ramsey (Bordered) Scarce

Character Cards (1:12)
C13, C22

Romulan Tarot Cards (1:6)
RT14, RT17, RT18, RT22

Promotional Travel Posters (1:24)
T9

Cast of Picard (1:96)
CP7

Box #7338

Dominic Burgess (F/B) Very Limited
Barbara Eve Harris (F/B) Common

C2, C21

RT1, RT6, RT23, RT30

T6

Holocrew of La Sirena (1:48)
H3

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Graham,

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
1 box, 24 packs, 5 cards each.

1 base set, 50 extras
4 RT 3,4,14,29
2 C9 Hugh & C22 Kestra
1 T9 Pizza
1 H3 Enoch
auto NecarZ - limited
dual auto Briones(Soji) & Treadway(Narek) - scarce Thumb Up

Overall grade C-/D+
Pros: Character & Holo-crew and Auto designs.
Cons: The biggest disappointment is the base quality - (scratches, dents, rough edges and corner dings), 60 card base set (add a title and two checklists or more story cards - 63 or 72 would have fit nicely in pages.), travel chase (How about a new tech chase set?), box and wrapper design, and add some more chase. Mad

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
3 boxes...each had the base set and tons of duplicates

Box 1
C20, C22
RT -- 5, 16, 23, 26
H2
T8
Jamie McShane as Zhaban A7 (L)
Tamlyn Tomita as General Oh (S)

Box 2
C3, C17
RT -- 6, 15, 18, 30
H1
T3
Derek Webster as Centurion Tarent A33 (L)
Lulu Wilson as Kestra Troi-Riker (S)

Box 3
C11, C12
RT -- 5, 16, 23, 29
H2
T6
Barbara Eve Harris as Captain Emily Bosch A52
Dominic Burgess as Mr. Vup and Santiago Cabrera as Cristobal Rios (EL)

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
1 box, 24 packs, 5 cards each.

1 base set, 50 extras
4 RT 3,4,14,29
2 C9 Hugh & C22 Kestra
1 T9 Pizza
1 H3 Enoch
auto NecarZ - limited
dual auto Briones(Soji) & Treadway(Narek) - scarce Thumb Up

Overall grade C-/D+
Pros: Character & Holo-crew and Auto designs.
Cons: The biggest disappointment is the base quality - (scratches, dents, rough edges and corner dings), 60 card base set (add a title and two checklists or more story cards - 63 or 72 would have fit nicely in pages.), travel chase (How about a new tech chase set?), box and wrapper design, and add some more chase. Mad

It was only a 10 episode series, you'd think common sense would go for a 'classic' 90-card base set: one 9-card page per episode...

I'm sure I read on the RA message boards they had issues at the printers with this set, which led to its delayed release, and may explain the quality issues with the base cards. Not good to hear though.

See, I REALLY like the Travel chase set, but then I go in for the Trek Portfolio prints sets RA have done. I do think RA chould get a big 'flashier' with their chase cards though.

Excellent put on the dual Briones. Members seem to have pulled some good cards out of the few boxes posted here.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened two boxes last week. Each box had one base set. I haven't put the doubles together yet to see if there is a third set.

Box 1887
4 Romulan Tarot cards RT4, RT5, RT6, RT26
2 Character cards C15, C18
1 Promotional Travel Poster T5
1 Holocrew of La Sirena H4
Autograph A47 David Paymer as Dr. Moritz Benayoun
Autograph bordered Dominic Burgess as Mr. Vup (Scarce)

Box 1894
4 Romulan Tarot cards RT4, RT5, RT6, RT26
2 Character cards C1, C16
1 Promotional Travel Poster T9
Autograph A28 Alex Diehl as F8 (Limited)
Autograph A35 Kendra Munger as Tal Shiar Woman (Limited)

Out of 32 Romulan Tarot cards, I am not sure why I have the exact same four out of two boxes that are numbered so close to each other.

I like the design of the character cards best.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
A box arrived yesterday that was ordered many moons ago from Rittenhouse. They very kindly included promos 1 & 2

Box #0106

Marina Sirtis (F/B) Extremely Limited
David Paymer (F/B) Common

C5, C19

RT5, RT6, RT21, RT28

T1

Holocrew of La Sirena (1:48)
H2

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice one

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Nice one

I second that!

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Well done Graham!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see this selling online for $70-75 with free shipping. I was in a local sports card shop today. They had a box for $120.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post