Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Doctor Who Companions, Doctors, Villians (Strictly Ink)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who Companions, Doctors, Villians (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted
Opened my case (boxes 493 to 504)

Haven't done the base sets.

4 sets of foils
3 sketch cards (box toppers)
5 costume card (box toppers)
1 blueprint card (case topper)

1 full set of autos
Plus (in addition)
DWT-A2 Lalla Ward as Romana II (x2)
DWT-A3 Louise Jameson as Leela (x2)
DWT-A6 Nicolas Courtney as Bret Vyon
DWT-A7 Terrance Dicks - writer/script editor
DWT-A9 Michael Elwyn as Lt. Algernon ffinch
DWT-A10 Zienia Merton as Ping-Cho
DWT-A11 Rodney Bewes as Stien
DWT-A12 Michael Jayston as The Valeyard
DWT-A13 Alexei Sayle as the DJ
DWT-A14 David Troughton as King Peladon
DWT-A15 Walter Howarth - cover artist of Annuals (x2)
DWT-A16 Terry Molloy as Davros

Blueprint used by John Nathan Turner on The Two Doctors

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brian A. Davis
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congratulations on a nice set of pulls.

It is interesting that all of the sketch cards are by the same artist.

Posts: 94 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian A. Davis:

"Interesting" wasn't the adjective I would have used. Especially when I got the duplicate.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Bought a box at Mem and got three auto's

A1 Peter Davidson ! Clap
A5 Caroline John
A6 Nicolas Courtney

No sketches but a box topper of the Frazer Hines ( Jamie's coat ) costume card.

All in all a good box ! Smile

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:
Originally posted by Brian A. Davis:

"Interesting" wasn't the adjective I would have used. Especially when I got the duplicate.

Would disappointing be more apt? At least they are good sketches

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

This is the 3rd case I've opened this month where, IN MY OPIONION, I've been hit by collation problems. Disappointing would be putting it mildly. The sketches are great but a duplicate and all 3 by same artist considering the number of artists contributing was a bit much.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Raj
Silver Card Talk Member

Posted November 27, 2006 03:57 PM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

This is the 3rd case I've opened this month where, IN MY OPIONION, I've been hit by collation problems. Disappointing would be putting it mildly. The sketches are great but a duplicate and all 3 by same artist considering the number of artists contributing was a bit much.

Hi Raj,
I've just joined the Card Talk community and I tried to email you but the email came back undeliverable so here I am. It's uncanny that out of the hundreds of possible sketch cards available that you pulled duplicates and I do feel sorry for you. I have a couple of blank cards left over from the assignment, I'll swap one of your duplicates for a nice newly drawn colour Doctor card, how's that? I'm hoping that Barrie won't mind me doing this.

Best from
Nick.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
thats mighty nice of you Nick.

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Wow Nick that really is charitable. Lucky Raj !! Thumb Up

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Master and Cardster, I just put myself in Raj's position and realised how dissapointed he must have been in getting two almost duplicate designs. By the way Master (geez do I have to call you that?), I hope you manage to get that colour Master sketch of mine that you said was nice. Good luck!

Nick

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
thanks Nick that would be awesome to get!

Metal

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NIK:

Hi Raj,
I've just joined the Card Talk community and I tried to email you but the email came back undeliverable so here I am. It's uncanny that out of the hundreds of possible sketch cards available that you pulled duplicates and I do feel sorry for you. I have a couple of blank cards left over from the assignment, I'll swap one of your duplicates for a nice newly drawn colour Doctor card, how's that? I'm hoping that Barrie won't mind me doing this.

Best from
Nick.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the offer. It's most kind.
I was going to put it up for trade but I'll be more than happy to do a swap it with you.

I'd like to reiterate that the sketches are great and it's just the duplication in addition to 'problems' in other cases that got me down.

You probably got an undeliverable return because you didn't take out the SPAM filter.

You can email me by taking out SPAMSPAMSPAM from the email address.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Master and Cardster, I just put myself in Raj's position and realised how dissapointed he must have been in getting two almost duplicate designs. By the way Master (geez do I have to call you that?), I hope you manage to get that colour Master sketch of mine that you said was nice. Good luck!

Nick

Nick, welcome to the board Thumb Up As with Raj, I would be very happy to have got 3 different sketches of yours Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nick, welcome to the board As with Raj, I would be very happy to have got 3 different sketches of yours

Cheers Hammer, nice of you to say that.

Raj, email me an address to send the card to and I'll get it done.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tried. You don't have an email address in your profile. I've amended my email address.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted November 28, 2006 04:26 PM Hide Post
quote:

Tried. You don't have an email address in your profile. I've amended my email address.

Oops, okay I've added my email address to my profile. I'll email you and get details.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I Love this hobby too much, it's great fun....
You meet some interesting people along the way....
And some very gracious and generous ones too Smile
Welcome to the board NIK Smile
Have fun and enjoy your stay and I will say this.... Boy you got a Heart of Gold!!!!

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kadran00157 it's all good karma isn't it.
I saw a post somewhere where someone said that card number 151 made them laugh out loud. I haven't seen the finished product myself yet, can anyone elucidate on what is on card number 151?

Nick

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
can anyone elucidate on what is on card number 151?
Nick

Well the card is of "Black Orchid" and the picture on the front shows Tegan, Adric and Nyssa/Ann dancing in front of the TARDIS and the 5th Doctor dressed as Harlequin.

(Scanned at work)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dis68,

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK this is my case of Doctor Who C-D-V

Case topper - piece of Blueprint 5in x 3in ?
boxes in order of opening :

Box 463
Auto A3 Louise Jameson
Auto A15 Walter Howarth
Foils F1, F5, F11, F12, F15

Box 467
Auto A2 Lalla Ward
Auto A6 Nicholas Courtney
Foils F3, F6, F8, F10, F16, F17

Box 468
Costume C3 Androzani
Auto A10 Zenia Merton
Auto A14 David Troughton
Auto A16 Terry Molloy
Foils F2, F4, F7, F9, F14, F18

Box 466
Costume C1 Jamie
Auto A3 Louise Jameson
Auto A7 Terrance Dicks
Auto A9 Michael Elwyn
Foils F1, F5, F11, F12, F15

Box 465
Auto A14 David Troughton
Auto A15 Walter Howarth
Auto A16 Terry Molloy

Box 464
Sketch Omega by Nik
Auto A2 Lalla Ward
Auto A11 Rodney Bewes
Auto A12 Michael Jayston
Foils F3, F6, F8, F10, F16, F17

Box 462
Costume C4 Vogon
Auto A1 Peter Davison
Auto A13 Alexei Sayle

Box 461
Auto A4 Nicola Bryant
Auto A5 Caroline John
Foils F3, F6, F8, F16, F17

Box 460
Costume C2 Benton
Auto A7 Terrance Dicks
Auto A10 Zenia Merton
Auto A13 Alexei Sayle
Foils F1, F5, F7, F12, F15

Box 459
Auto A14 David Troughton
Auto A9 Michael Elwyn
Foils F2, F4, F9, F14, F16, F18

Box 458
Auto A10 Zenia Merton
Auto A16 Terry Molloy
Foils F3, F6, F8, F10, F15, F17

Box 457
Sketch Warren Martineck The 7th Doctor
Auto A2 Lalla Ward
Auto A7 Terrance Dicks
Foils F1, F4, F5, F11, F12, F13

Nice set with a lot of good images - not quite a set of autos as the case did not have a Julian Glover (A8)

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post