Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Iron Man 2 (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iron Man 2 (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Well...where to start?

First, the Fantatic Four have nothing to do with the Avengers, so I do not see any problem there.

Second, I belive that it has already been mentioned that they were talking about a new cast for any future FF movies.

Third, While Dr. Doom got his start with the Fantastic Four, he was also a general baddie in the Marvel universe including some well noted battles with Iron Man.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HIghlights from a 16 Box Break .. Sealed case had 2 Mickey Rourke, 1 don cheddle, and a Favreau auto. One complete costume set without Super SP.

Highlight of some of the sketches:

Remi Dousset

Mike Miller

Posts: 33 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Favorite of the bunch

Adam Cline

and finish it off with a Bob Layton

Posts: 33 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I busted 8 boxes the other day.
Pulled 2 autos; Bibb and Rourke

Sketches were;

And the mega hit!

Thanks for the look (and no, the armor piece is NOT for trade/sale Wink )

Posts: 6 | Location: Ottawa, ON | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Gst & Spiral.... very nice sketches to both of you Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Planned to head to the comic shop today to grab a box of Upper Deck's Iron Man 2...let me say that I was peeved that RA was overlooked for this set as they did an AWESOME job on the first Iron Man movie, even landing Robert Downey, Jr. as a signer. RDJ didn't sign for Upper Deck's product, but I still wanted to give it a go...glad I did Smile

I read a few places that said you're supposed to get three hits per box...two sketches and a mem, two mem and a sketch and maybe an auto in every four boxes. I had FIVE hits in this box and each one better than the next. I'm willing to bet that this one box is better than any case I could have hoped to open.

In "Top 5" style...

NUMBER 5

I don't know my Iron Man characters since I hated Iron Man as a kid (RDJ made him cool in my eyes). If anyone can tell me whose chin this is, well, pin a rose on your nose. I guess it's part of a puzzle sketch, but how on earth are you going to get the other three?

NUMBER 4

Again, another character I'm not sure I know (is this Black Widow?) but I was thinking how cool it would be to pull a painted sketch. This is it! Beautifully done in oil and water and MAN does this chick look gorgeous...move over Daphne from Scooby-Doo! Not certain who the artist is as they did not sign it...

NUMBER 3

Normally this would be "Number 1", because Gweneth Paltrow worn ANYTHING is tops in my books, but she gets topped by these two...
NUMBER 2

I know, I actually hit an auto and not only did I hit one, but I hit THE one. Again, no Downey to pull, but Mickey Rourke is the big name of the four who signed. How can this be #2??? Well, number 1 came in the second pack of the box...
NUMBER 1

Holy. ****.

I sat there STUNNED for about five minutes. This was the first hit out of the box and I was sure the rest would suck...as you can see, this was probably the best box I know I would ever see from this product. Like I said, I'm done. I ain't touching this stuff again because anything I pull will be **** compared to this.

Good work, Upper Deck...VERY good work!

Posts: 75 | Location: Planet Toronto | Registered: September 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Congratz, nice pulls! Hope my ONE box will hold as many hits. Talk about a nice return on investment.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I pay big bucks just for the prop card wish I can have this luck by opening a box and have made that saving for another set :-(

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt, that beats my 5-in-1-box pulls. Congrats!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Triple B, the characters on your sketch cards are Jack of Hearts and Black Widow.

Nice box.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all...I was absolutely stunned to say the very least...Raj, any idea who the artist of the painting (Black Widow) is?

Posts: 75 | Location: Planet Toronto | Registered: September 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
It is Joe Pekar, which I noted on the thread that you created re: your box. I also posted a small pic of the full piece on the Frank Raposa Jack of Hearts.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to spread my case out this time... after seeing you hit 5 in one box it's not easy to do though Smile. So far so good though.. although there is one sketch I couldn't find the name of the artist for.. nice sketches though

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gooniesguy,

Posts: 35 | Location: Canada | Registered: December 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
These breaks are fenom!!! Elephant

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
First round of boxes finally arrived, didn't open them all yet but here are the first 5 boxes:

No autos yet, but I'm happy with the sketches, especially the Tony Perna Spider-Woman. Onward!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some fantastic breaks Thumb Up .Anybody know the insertion rates for the three chase sets?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
As far as hobby boxes, there is an insert in every pack, 3 die-ciuts per box, and approximately 10 cover cards and 8 armor cards per box.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
It's pretty clear that this is one of the best Sketch sets ever, and certainly in regards to comic book characters. Not only are there a lot of actual Marvel comic book artists participating, but the repeat-a-sketches and quick-draws seem pretty minimal.

I missed the Hobby pre-order opportunity on these, but did manage to land a retail case, of which hopefully I can post the results here next week. If it's got even half the hits of a hobby case, I'll be satisfied. I've already bought 3 single sketches from Ebay, each awesome, and I'm not a rabid sketch collector by any means.

Congrats on the great pulls, everybody (and I mean everybody!)

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
My dealer is sending me retail boxes, and his distributor assurred him that UD told him they are the same as hobby boxes. The boxes which I just got, which are "hobby" boxes, have no wording on them stating "hobby", so I have every confidence that they will be the same.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I hope that's true, but the solicit I got for these said 6 boxes of 48 packs each. The regular boxes only have 24 packs, I believe.

And also, the writeup noted Signature and sketch cards were possible, but made no mention of memorabilia/costume cards (which is perfectly OK since that's my least favorite of the three "hit" types).

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post