Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Iron Man 2 (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iron Man 2 (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted
Due to a mix up with my distributor, I was only able to get 8 boxes instead of a sealed case...of course, out of my 8 boxes, I only pulled 1 auto (Favreau).

I pulled costumes 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and a double if 8

Here are the sketches...

Mike Miller and Joel Carroll

Puzzle pieces by Sean Galloway and Bryan Turner

James Bukauskas and Jerry Gaylord

Falcon by Carlo Soriano and Spidey by Dan Quiles

Marat Mychaels

Remy Mokhtar and Richard Pace

Doom by Justin Vandemark and Crimson Dynamy by Marlin Shoop

and the great unknowns...

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
neat looking Lil Iron Kid Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wax Wombat
posted Hide Post
That Joel Carroll card is great!

Posts: 52 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: June 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Actually, the sketches in this release (just like RA's release for the first movie) are based on comic book adaptations and NOT the movie.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Actually, the sketches in this release (just like RA's release for the first movie) are based on comic book adaptations and NOT the movie.

Pardon a dumb question, but if the sketches are in the "Iron Man 2" set, how could they not be based on the movie? I guess I'm missing something pretty obvious... Confused

It all has to do with image rights of the movie stars. It is likely way to expensive an a huge pain to get approvals from each actor, so the companies just go with comic imagery.

Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm pretty sure that the sketch I pulled was movie based (Scarlett Johansenn's character)...

How do you know who the sketches are by? I can't read the name on mine. Has a list been put up yet?

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
While it may have been a Black Widow sketch, Scarlett was not likely used as a reference. If you get a clean picture up (if you have no scanner, take it out of the toploader and take it on a flat surface) we can probably figure out the sig. UD does not put out official lists but there is a living list on Scoundrel.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
quote:

Pardon a dumb question, but if the sketches are in the "Iron Man 2" set, how could they not be based on the movie? I guess I'm missing something pretty obvious... Confused

Wolverine and both Iron Man movies were like this. Comic characters and images. I believe the artists were instructed to NOT do any likenesses to the movie.

As was said above, it all comes down to image rights and approvals. If you go with comic references, only Marvel has to approve. If you go with movie likenesses you likely have the actor, the studio, and Marvel having to all agree. I'm guessing that's just way to messy to deal with.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just had a look on ebay to see the iron man 2 cards and i must say they do look pretty poor.the mickey rourke auto is a joke.can anyone tell me if its a sticker auto or an on card auto.i wont be getting any boxes,and a can guarantee these boxes will dropped in price within 8 weeks...

Posts: 70 | Location: widnes,cheshire | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
While I will agree with you that the Rourke auto is horrible, I belive that you are dead wrong on prices dropping. You have to remember that you are getting 2 sketches and a costume with the 1:4 box chance of an auto all for arround $55 (give or take). While many of the sketches are not in color, there is a very good part of them that are done by actual Marvel Comics artists as opposed to just sketch card artists. In my opinion, the product is loaded with value.

posted Hide Post
they have done too many sketches for this set and its bound too have a knock on effect

Posts: 70 | Location: widnes,cheshire | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
While there are lots of sketches, they are certainly not done at a quality level of W&W on LOTRM2...which is actually a good thing for collectors as they will be able to pick up rather nice sketches by big time artists for less while the dealers are still able to make money off the product.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... now I'm thinking of picking up a box.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
My pulls from ONE box:

Suffice to say, I was floored at how many hits I got. No regrets on this purchase.

Thanks to Bases Loaded in Fresno CA for holding this box for me!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
well I guess you don't regret your one box

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
My pulls from ONE box:

Suffice to say, I was floored at how many hits I got. No regrets on this purchase.

Thanks to Bases Loaded in Fresno CA for holding this box for me!

outstanding Eek

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Love the Iron Man 2 Release.. Here's a short list of what I pulled in 6 boxes:
Box 1
IMC-7 Costume Card
Bill Meiggs Sketch Card
Remy Mokhtar Sketch Card
Box 2
IMC-3 Costume Card
Siya Oum Sketch Card
James Bukauskas Sketch Card
A2 Jon Favreau Autograph Card
Box 3
IMC-6 Costume Card
Bard Sketch Card Big Grin
Unknown Artist Sketch Card
Box 4
IMC-10 Costume Card
Eric Merced Sketch Card
Patrick Gerrity Sketch Card
Box 5
IMC-1 Costume Card
Dennis Crisostomo Sketch Card
Lawrence Reynolds Sketch Card
Box 6
IMC-4 Costume Card
Unknown Artist Sketch Card
Dennis Culver Sketch Card
A2 Mickey Rourke Autograph Card Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TWS,

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sketch pulls from 4 boxes...

I also pulled a Leslie Bibb auto and costume cards 2, 5 and doubles of 3.

Posts: 38 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
that's an awesome Dr. Strange Thumb Up

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I like some of the sketches, but I don't really see a point in having sketches where you can't even use the actors likeness. Is this going to be the norm now? I don't like where the sketch industry is going for these sets.

Also just a side question on the whole Avengers thing. I see there's Doctor Doom there, therefore the Fantastic Four, but now Chris Evans is playing Captain America, so he can't play Johnny as well. So are the FF going to be left out of these films, or are they going to recast all of them and forget about the films already made?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post