Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    007 James Bond Collection (Upper Deck, 2019)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

007 James Bond Collection (Upper Deck, 2019)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Well, quite a wait for this, which was originally coming out in April. Got my 2 boxes today (Thank you, Ed!) Here's what I got:
Box 1
70 of the first 100 cards
18 of cards 101-150
6 of cards 151-200 (these all have a red background and seem to all be Bond Girls.)
4 Foil Mirror board parallels
3 Bond Vs. Villains
1 See the World
1 Q Branch
1 Bond Legacy (Clear film in frame)
1 Acetate Card (Naomi, Caroline Munro, my favorite Bond Girl)
2 Autos
Mary Stavin as Octopussy Girl
Robert Carlyle as Renard

Box 2
69 of first 100 cards
19 of cards 101-150
6 of cards 151-200
4 Foil Mirror parallels
2 Bond Vs. Villains
2 Q Branch
1 See the World
1 Bond Legacy
1 Clear Acetate card (Mary Stavin, auto in 1st box)
2 Autos
Carloine Bliss as Moneypenny
Denise Richards as Dr. Christmas Jones (Gold Ink SPA-DR 56/99

Putting the 2 boxes together:
1 set of cards 1-100, 40 extra
32 of cards 101-150, 4 extra
12 of 151-200

Thoughts: Very happy to pull a gold auto These cards are nice but not really an improvement on what Rittenhouse did over the years. That said, I do like the set is head shots of characters from the films, rather than scenes from the films, and actor's name is on each base card. I was confused as to why some cards had a gold border around the image, another parallel? BUt these are all shots of the Bond actors - a nice little touch. Will be looking for some of the short prints, I would like to finish this set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Norton,

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
Congrats for your autos, specially the Robert Carlyle and the Gold of Denise Richards ! Thumb Up Thumb Up
And I'm happy for you for the Acetate of Caroline Munro. Smile

Great pulls, nice for you ! Clap

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sandra. I have been starving for cards, and this was a good day!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls Don!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well done Don - 2 Good boxes

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Way to go, Don!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. Anyone else going for any of these?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Thanks everyone. Anyone else going for any of these?

I opened some and have given a summary on the main thread. Overall impressed, especially the base and inserts sets that are superb. I actually hit the SSP landscape Christopher Waltz numbered to #25.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
A wonderful pull, Goldfish!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I got my 2 boxes today.

Base (1-100) 1 set + 41 duplicates. 6 foils
Base (101-150) 29 + 8 duplicates. 2 with red foil logos
Base (151-200) 12

See The World: STW-2
Q Branch: QB5, QB9, QB10
Bond Villains: BV-1, BV-3, BV-5, BV-14, BV-16, BV-20
Bond Legacy; BL-6, BL-24
Gold Acetate: 170 Bliss (there's a scratch-off foil on the back which I assume I shouldn't scratch off)

Autos:
A-EK Britt Ekland as Mary Goodnight (Group E 1:10)
A-WI Andreas Wisniewski as Necros (Group E 1:10)
A-JM John Moreno as Luigi Ferrara (Group E 1:10)
A-IZ Izabella Scorupco as Natalya Simonova (Group C 1:245)

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I got 2, will post first opened and the next one later on. Surprised by the box as I can't remember getting above the guaranteed hits in a UD box before.

Base 1 - 100: 48 cards, 3 Foils and 22 Dups
Base 101 - 150: 19 cards
Base 151 - 200: 6 cards

Q Branch: 2 cards, QB-7, QB-15
Bond Villains: 3 cards, BV-2, BV-8, BV-11
Bond Legacy: 1 card, BL-4 Q

Autographs: 3
A-TM Tania Mallet as Tilly Masterson (E 1:10)
A-CA Caterina Murino as Solange (D1:139)
A-MB Inscription Martine Beswick as Paula Caplan, inscribed "Paula Caplan" (C 1:71)

Quite happy getting the 3rd auto. I don't know if that means the Inscriptions are going in as an extra auto or not. Maybe just a lucky mistake. I like these cards, but don't know how much of the base set I will chase, depends on how close I get with the 2nd box.

The only negative I will say is that, while I don't mind SP and SSP on the 101 - 200 numbers, to get only 48 regular base cards out of 1 - 100 and have 22 duplicates of them is very poor. With all the cards you're missing anyway, you really shouldn't have any duplicates of base cards in the same box besides the foils.

Have to take away some credit for that, but otherwise the best UD box I've had in years. Hope the next one doesn't even me out. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a feeling physical is under printed. I opened 12 boxes and 3 had an extra autograph in. Inscription autographs are approximately 6 per case so don’t think it’s anything to do with that.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
X2 Boxes

Base All 100 (+40 Spare)+ X6 Silver foil Parallel
Base SP 38/50 + Rainbow foil Parallel X2 Robert Shaw + Christopher Lee
Base SSP 12/50 + Gold Acetate Parallel X1 163 Patricia Fearing (Thunderball)

See The World Didn't get one Frown
Q Branch Q1 Q7
Bond Vs Villains X8 Different
Bond Legacy X2 Tier 1 BL-4 Ben Whishaw as Q
BL-8 Robert Brown as M

S-6 Christoph Waltz Premium Silver Redemption

Autos
Anthony Stark (1:10)
Tania Mallet (1:10)
Lynn Holly Johnson (1:10)
Colin Salmon (Inscription) (1:54)

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So here's the 2nd box and quite different from my first where my only complaint was duplicates in 1 - 100. This box had no base card duplicates what so ever.

Base 1 - 100: 70 cards and 3 foils
Base 101 -150: 18 cards
Base 151 - 200: 6 cards

Q Branch: 2 cards, QB-8, QB-13
Bond Villains: 3 cards, BV-3, BV-10, BV-12
Bond Legacy: 1 card, BL-24 Blofeld
Acetate: 1 card, Tatiana Romanova 156
Red Foil: 1 card, 114

Autographs: 2
A-LJ Lynn-Holly Johnson as Bibi Dahl (E 1:10)
A-AT Inscription Anatole Taubman as Elvis, inscribed "Elvis" (B 1:54)

So I thought the box was still good, if not as good as the one with 3 autographs, but I'm thinking maybe that some of these boxes have wonky construction because that box also had all those duplicates, not present in the other one. Maybe some more breaks will shed more light on it.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
X2 Boxes

Q Branch Q1 Q7
BL-8 Robert Brown as M

Autos

That silver redemption is a monster hit.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen a couple of these silver redemptions pulled already. I wonder if there are a few per card rather than 1/1s. It’s not clear.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
quote:
X2 Boxes

Q Branch Q1 Q7
BL-8 Robert Brown as M

Autos

That silver redemption is a monster hit.

That would be nice, I usually don't get anything of high value Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goldfish:
I have seen a couple of these silver redemptions pulled already. I wonder if there are a few per card rather than 1/1s. It’s not clear.

Can't be 1/1 if you've seen a couple pulled and I have one, and there are only 6 on the checklist, I thought a neat Christoph Waltz auto, then I saw Connery was #1 so autos were out, I was later told the card contains ounces of real silver.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Goldfish:

Can't be 1/1 if you've seen a couple pulled and I have one, and there are only 6 on the checklist, I thought a neat Christoph Waltz auto, then I saw Connery was #1 so autos were out, I was later told the card contains ounces of real silver.

The sell sheet said 2 ounces of silver. If it is really that much the entire card is probably silver.

Goldfish - which ones have you seen? The one cheifbrody pulled is the only one I have heard of and none have popped up on ebay yet.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:

The sell sheet said 2 ounces of silver. If it is really that much the entire card is probably silver.[/QUOTE]

That's probably why they put these in as redemptions, 2 ounces of silver should be a measurable weight for people with scales. Big Grin Might even have been able to tell it just by picking up the box, if they had put it in there.

The current market seems to be around $15 an ounce for silver, but I think the rarity of the cards makes them worth more than the value of the silver in this case. Sweet pull. Thumb Up