Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Hallowe'en (Perna Studios, 2014)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hallowe'en (Perna Studios, 2014)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted
Here are my pulls all top quality!!! Thanks Tony and Elaine!! Dance

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You got some nice sketches in there including part of Hanie's three part 'Trick or Treat' set. So I now officially hate you Twak Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Just to let everyone know. There are 3 types of metal cards in the Hallowe'en sets. There are the 2 different double thick metal cards by Sean Pence (at quantity of 23 each). SP1 & SP2.

Then there are B&W (black and white) variants of Tony's frosted clear cards. Those are very limited and only 5 of each were made. Randomly inserted in sets.

Then there are color variants of Tony's frosted clear cards. Those are very limited and only 10 of each were made. By redemption card only.

Good luck to all.
Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Nice & a Metal too - Well done Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My eight sets from this release arrived earlier today and I'm pretty pleased with the sketches I pulled. I also found one of the Sean Pence Metal Chase Cards, specifically the Blue SP2 one.

Mel Uran, Stacey Kardash, Jessica Hickman
Danielle Gransaull, Judd Abinuman, Elaine Perna
Ted Dastick Jr, Mick + Matt Mick Glebe

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The postman came through for me and I got my six packs today. I had a red metal Sp1 and the following sketches :

Fabian Quintero (thanks Elaine Thumb Up ) , Sam Agro, Seth Ismart.

Babisu Kourtis, Lynne Anderson, Katie Cook.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
The postman came through for me and I got my six packs today. I had a red metal Sp1 and the following sketches :

???, Sam Agro, Seth Ismart.

The first sketch card is by Fabian Quintero. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
Great pulls! Message sent, Richard!

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Elaine & Tony posting on additional boards, I FINALLY made my first Perna Studios purchase. I ordered 5 sets (with I could have upped it but cash was tied up) and here are the goodies...

Killer Clowns by Jake Sumbing

Sexy Zombie Food by John Monserrat

Witch by Anastasia Catris

A fully painted beauty by Ingrid Hardy

The Vampyre Lord by the brownie gobblin Big Toe himself.

Oh, and I also pulled a redemption for 4 Color Metal Variant Chase CardsBig Grin

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sketches look great so far!

Tracking number says my packs should get delivered today.
Whoo-hoo, can't wait!! Clap

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 8 sets arrived today and the sketch cards are stunning...I'm extremely happy with my pulls and here they are...

Juri H. Chinchilla / Amy Pronovost

Molly Brewer / Ted Dastick Jr.

Jason Saldajeno / Ingrid Hardy

Elaine Perna / Tony Perna

I also pulled a Sean Pence SP2 metal card...

A big thanks to everyone involved in this release...it's amazing!

Posts: 38 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My 4 sets arrived today. What an incredible set...every card
is simply stunning! Really hoping for a 2nd series next year??

Jake Sumbing, Tony Perna, Stacey Kardash

Amy Clark, Gray metal variant of Tony's "Wolfman" insert

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got my eight sets today and, as expected, the sketches were all top-notch!

Here's what I got, in the order pulled:

Hanie Mohd (love this!), Amy Clark (yay kittys!), John Monserrat, Jake Sumbing

Danielle Gransaull, Craig Yeung (beautifully hand-painted!), Sam Agro, Sean Pence Smile

I also pulled one of Sean's metal cards - a blue SP2. Thumb Up

I am very happy with all of my pulls but I am especially stoked with Danielle's "Bride" card. Frankenstein is my favorite Universal Monster and the Bride of Frankenstein is my favorite monster movie! So this sketch card is beyond cool! Cool Also love the Sean Pence card! This one is an excellent example of his photo-realistic style.

Oh, and let's not forget about the base cards and the clear chase! Just an all-around gorgeous set featuring amazing images of my favorite holiday!

Well-done, Tony and Elaine! Hallowe'en gets my vote for "sketch card set of the year"!! Clap Bouncey Metal

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcole,

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
Got my eight sets today and, as expected, the sketches were all top-notch!

Here's what I got, in the order pulled:

Hanie Mohd (love this!), Amy Clark (yay kittys!), John Monserrat, Jake Sumbing

Danielle Gransaull, ??? (beautifully hand-painted!), Sam Agro, Sean Pence Smile

I also pulled one of Sean's metal cards - a blue SP2. Thumb Up

I am very happy with all of my pulls but I am especially stoked with Danielle's "Bride" card. Frankenstein is my favorite Universal Monster and the Bride of Frankenstein is my favorite monster movie! So this sketch card is beyond cool! Cool Also love the Sean Pence card! This one is an excellent example of his photo-realistic style.

Oh, and let's not forget about the base cards and the clear chase! Just an all-around gorgeous set featuring amazing images of my favorite holiday!

Well-done, Tony and Elaine! Hallowe'en gets my vote for "sketch card set of the year"!! Clap Bouncey Metal

We're very happy that you enjoyed your sets and sketch cards Debbie. I'm so happy you got the "Bride" card!! Big Grin

Your unknown sketch card is by Craig Yeung. It's part of a 4 card puzzle piece. He showed the images on our Perna Studios Facebook Group if you want to see it in it's entirety. He colors his cards with watercolour paints. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help with the signature, Elaine! I thought that the first letter of the last name looked like a "Y", but I wasn't really sure. And the first name didn't look at all like "Craig"!

Oh well, you should see my signature. Completely unreadable. Should have been a doctor. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Wow, some really nice sketches in this set!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

my 2 sketches from perna studios halloween

Posts: 22 | Location: AMERICA | Registered: February 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Fabian Quintero (thanks Elaine Thumb Up ) , Sam Agro, Seth Ismart.

Everyone got a Katie Cook except me, even in the UK Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

Name recognition and fan base aside, do you really think that Katie Cook sketch is better than those others?

I know its a matter of style, but the sketches from certain new artists are so outstanding, I don't understand why certain old ones continue to be rated so high. That Cook card is the weakest one of the lot to me.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

What artists did you get?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post