Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Doctor Who The Tenth Doctor Adventures (Topps Online, 2016)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who The Tenth Doctor Adventures (Topps Online, 2016)
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
Picked up one box (#199 of 1500) and Got
a 88 card base set
autographs
Noel Clarke as Mickey Smith
John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness 5/10
Feel really good about this box. Great looking set in the widescreen format.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Captain Jack!! Dance

Great pull, Barrett! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Both Great Auto's, would have been pleased if that was my box Thumb Up

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I just received one box (202/1500).

Billie Piper auto
Freema Agyeman auto (22/25)

Glad I didn't pass on this as was my first inclination.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I just received one box (202/1500).

Billie Piper auto
Freema Agyeman auto (22/25)

Glad I didn't pass on this as was my first inclination.
\

Now thats what I call a good pull. Congratulations Raj

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
GREAT Pull - Fantastic

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When the price dropped to $50 in the Topps sales, I decided to take the plunge and picked up three boxes. They shipped over from the States to here in the UK in an amazingly short time. Posted on Thursday 15th December, arrived Monday 19th December. The base set is quite nice as they have picked a good assortment of photos that work well in the widevision format. My only gripe is the sets are not in numerical order, so I will have to spend a bit of time going through them to put them in order and check that they are all there.

Anyway, the only 'hits' in these are the two autographs in each box. The six I received were not too bad. All of them were sticker autos:

Box 0025 of 1500:
Chipo Chung as Chantho
Camille Coduri as Jackie Tyler 18/25 (Bronze)

Box 0704 of 1500:
Freeman Agyeman as Martha Jones
Gabriel Woolf, voice of The Beast From The Pit 04/25 (Bronze)

Box 0707 of 1500
Derek Jacobi as The Master 07/10 (Silver)
Tommy Knight as Luke Smith

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
My two boxes arrived today. Mega quick delivery to UK. Love the cards, my first widevision ones of any collection.

Very pleased with my boxes and 4 autographs, well worth the box price and shipping:

Box #705/1500
John Barrowman as Captain Jack Dance
John Simm as The Master 15/25 Thumb Up

Box# 39/1500
Noel Clarke as Mickey Cool
Chipo Chung as Chantho 14/25

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not sure where the $50 CAME FROM BUT THEY ARE ON SALE FOR 69.99 + shipping.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:

There was a one day half price sale on the Topps website

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Received my one box today, #258 of 1500, which I purchased when they first went on sale at 40% off. ( Naturally, the very next day was when they dropped to 50%. Twak ) Anyway, was looking forward to seeing the cards and also hoping for at least one good autograph. I'd say I did alright...

Georgia Moffett as Jenny, the Doctor's Daughter, 18/25 Cool
Billie Piper as Rose Tyler! Eek Dance

Wow, I usually don't have this kind of luck! Very nice cards, I really like the autograph card design - very clean. A really nice background for the signature. And the base cards are great, too. Nice selection of images from the series, all packaged up in a cool Tardis box. Thumb Up

Now to hunt down a few more Companion autos - namely, Kingston and Barrowman. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like they lowered the price again to $50 WITH SHIPPING IT CAME TO $56.99
quote:

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like they lowered the price again to $50 WITH SHIPPING IT CAME TO $56.99
quote:

Had a look but they wanted $51.30 for economy shipping to the UK for two boxes Roll Eyes . Add in possible customs charges and it's not a bargain anymore.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My box was #252/1500.The autograph cards were Anthony Stewart Head as Mr Finch
Jonathan Bailey as PSI #05/10.

I honestly have no idea who PSI is but can't complain about an Anthony Steward Head autograph card and the set itself is quite nice.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I ordered a couple of more boxes after the first one turned out so well. These weren't nearly as good.

246/1500
Nicolas Briggs as Dalek voice (14/25)
Trevor Laird as Clive Jones

241/1500
Sarah Louise Madison as Weeping Angel (9/25)
Nicolas Briggs as Dalek voice

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raj,

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:

I honestly have no idea who PSI is

I think he was in the episode where they break into the bank.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
My box was #252/1500.The autograph cards were Anthony Stewart Head as Mr Finch
Jonathan Bailey as PSI #05/10.

I honestly have no idea who PSI is but can't complain about an Anthony Steward Head autograph card and the set itself is quite nice.

Wolfie is right - he's in the episode 'Time Heist'. I didn't even remember him in that episode though, I remembered him as the reporter from 'Broadchurch' (which also stars David Tennant).

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
With the 60% off sale the other week, I picked up four more boxes of these. Quite disappointing really as I didn't snag David Tennant or any of his assistants. The support characters were interesting but nothing special and I also got two more Beast From The Pit autographs.

Boxes 0725 + 1026

Sarah Louise Madison as Weeping Angel (Base Auto)
Eric Loren as Diagoras 1/10
Gabriel Woolf voice of The Beast From The Pit (Base Auto)
Bernard Cribbens as Wilfred Mott 05/25

Boxes 0858 + 1032
Annette Badland as Blon Fel-Fetch Passameer-Day Slitheen (Base Auto)
Jonathan Bailey as PSI 20/25
Shaun Dingwall as Pete Tyler (Base Auto)
Gabriel Woolf voice of The Beast From The Pit 05/25

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my three boxes today and had about as much luck as you Kevin Frown . Very frustrating when there are 38 signers and you get a duplicate.

Box 0721 Geoffrey Palmer as Captain Hardaker and Adjoa Andoh as Francine Jones.

Box 0738 Chipo Chung as Chantho 06/25 and Trevor Laird as Clive Jones.

Box 0850 Sean Dingwall as Pete Tyler 03/25 and Geoffrey Palmer as Captain Hardaker Roll Eyes .

I will say that the base set is very nice and benefits from the widevision format.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I do think these are very nice looking cards and I was seriously considering picking up a few boxes when they were on sale. They now seem to have returned to the original price, so you folks did get a serious bargain.

In the end I just didn't know enough of the people on the autograph list for me to believe I might randomly pull someone I wanted. However if you consider that the autograph cards would only average out to $20 each at the sale price, not even counting the contents of the rest of the box, I would think that UK collectors couldn't lose that much no matter who they got.

USA is different. I'm not sure what sort of research TOPPS did before creating so many Dr. Who card products, but strictly from my own experience, there isn't very many Americans who have extensive knowledge of this series. Let alone ones who collect trading cards. Of course I could just be running in the wrong circles. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post