Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Authentic Memorabilia - Autograph Edition (The Fairfield Company)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Authentic Memorabilia - Autograph Edition (The Fairfield Company)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I was finally able to pick up these at my local Target - got 2 packs for starters.

First Pack
Auto: Kim Smith as Drina in Catwoman
13 commons from Americana 2
Materials card - Jon Provost (Timmy from Lassie) this is a high number short print 323/400
15 commons from Popcardz

Second Pack:
Auto: Amber Benson as Lenore in Supernatural
14 commons from Americana 2
1 Proof card from Americana 2 158/500
14 commons from Popstarz
1 Popstarz Materials card - Raven-Symone

Overall, I'm pleased, the Amber Benson auto is a big hit for me, and I like the high numbered material card of Provost.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did five packs they must have not mixed this group of autographs up very well as all 5 were from angel each pack had 3 packs of americana and 3 pack of pop cardz- pulled a molly sims swatch.
tom lenk angel x2
jonathan woodward angel
eyal podell angel
marc vann angel

Posts: 21 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: October 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
I found 6 packs at a Target last night...

The 4400 Season 1 A2 Peter Coyote as Dennis Ryland
The 4400 Season 1 A6 Kaj-Erik Eriksen as Danny Ferrell
Alias Season 3 A21 David Cronenberg as Dr. Edward Brezzel
Alias Season 3 A30 Prggy Lipton as Olivia Reed
Hellboy A4 John William Johnson as Agent Clay
Smallville Season 3 A21 Jonathan Taylor Thomas as Ian Randall
Donruss Americana II Ring Kings Jason "Mayhem" Miller

All are up for trade

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
4 more packs today. These really aren't mixed up well, all four autos are from the 4400.

Pack 1 -
Auto: 4400 Season Two A-15 (Natasha Gregson Wagner) the top left corner on this one is bent Frown

3 packs Popcardz (1 foil, Elisha Cuthbert)
3 packs Donruss Americana II (nothing special)

Pack 2 -
Auto: 4400 Season Two A-14 (Samantha Ferris)

3 packs Donruss Americana II (Hollywood Legends Douglas Fairbanks Jr., 430/500)
3 packs Popcardz (nothing special except that one pack had 6 cards in it instead of 5)

Pack 3 -
Auto: 4400 Season One A-1 (Jacqueline McKenzie) Smile

3 packs Popcardz (1 foil, Jon Heder)
3 packs Donruss Americana II (Proof Jake La Motta 059/500)

Pack 4 -
Auto: 4400 Season One A-3 (Billy Campbell) Smile

3 packs Popcardz (1 foil, Nick Cannon)
3 packs Donruss Americana II (proof Martin Kove 187/500, TV Stars Burt Reynolds 116/500)

No memorabilia cards, 1 in 3 my patootie!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
LOL. As always, odds are over the entire print run. Just like buying packs from a box.

Posts: 268 | Location: LEMON-ville | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These things are like crack.

I bought several packs myself and promptly posted all autos in my trades.

Autos
Smallville: Michael McKean auto A18
Witchblade Anthony Cistero auto A4
Sleepy Hollow: Jeffrey Jones auto A3
Small Soldiers: Gregory Smith auto S1
4400: Natasha Gregson Wagner auto A-15
Jericho: Eric Green auto A4
Andromeda: Gordon Michael Woolvett auto A4
Veronica Mars: Max Greenfield auto A-9

Donruss
Catherine Bach material 032/250
Larry King platinum proof 03/25
Connie Mack III 196/250 silver proof
Shirley Jones 138/250 silver proof

Donruss II
Peter Mayhew silver proof 393/500
Susie Feldman silver proof 390/500/500
Karen Allen gold proof 032/250
Margaret O'Brien Cinema Stars 493/500
Peter Marshall TV Stars 377/500

PopCardz
Parallel Josh Peck, Jared Leto, Mandy Moore, Kristen Bell, Selma Blair and Raven-Symone material.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Well, my local Target seems to have run out of these - so I stopped by the next closest Target - and they had 3 packs.

Pack 1
Auto - Peter Wingate as Dr. Slavicky in Catwoman
Americana
15 base cards
Popstarz
13 base cards, 2 Gold cards

Pack 2
Auto - Rutger Hauer as Anthony Geiger in Alias
Americana
16 base cards, 1 high number
Popstarz
13 base cards, 2 Gold cards

Pack 3
Auto - Paula Marshall as Rebecca James in Veronica Mars
Americana
13 base cards , 1 proof (39/500), 1 Ring Kings (39/500)
Popstarz
12 base cards, 1 Gold Card, 2 Materials cards, both Raven-Symone

Not a bad haul, I really like the Rutger hauer auto, and now am 3 cards short of base set of Popcardz. I now have 2 different materials from Raven-Symone, and have seen a third.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one. My hits:

I might pick up one or two more down the road.

xman25

Posts: 58 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Ged
posted Hide Post
these packs seem very interesting, is there anywhere other than target you can get them from as im in the uk and we dont have a target?

Posts: 562 | Location: Liverpool UK | Registered: March 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
"May Not Contain Cards Pictured On Package"

I wonder if that disclaimer is really on there because there was no Heather or Burt inserted into the product and they stole the pics to hype up the product.

Posts: 268 | Location: LEMON-ville | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Or it could just be legaleaze to protect against frivolous lawsuits by people who are ticked that they didn't get those particular cards.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's just to provide a disclaimer for people who don't find a Heather or Burt, which is probably close to everyone. I'm sure that there are at least a couple of them seeded in the packs, or it would be false advertising to picture those cards on the boxes.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
It probably is, but in reality it doesn't have to be. That statement clears them of having to have included anything pictured on the packaging.

It's not false advertising due to the disclaimer they made. You are guaranteed a celebrity autograph, but that additional statement clears them of having to put even one Burt or Heather into the product.

It's just like ebay sellers who sell mystery grab bags. They show high end cards and some use disclaimers also. Which clears them of only sending out the "garbage" cards to buyers.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hornetsfan:
It probably is, but in reality it doesn't have to be. That statement clears them of having to have included anything pictured on the packaging.

It's not false advertising due to the disclaimer they made. You are guaranteed a celebrity autograph, but that additional statement clears them of having to put even one Burt or Heather into the product.

It's just like ebay sellers who sell mystery grab bags. They show high end cards and some use disclaimers also. Which clears them of only sending out the "garbage" cards to buyers.

Well I think you're right about some eBay sellers, but that's because eBay lets them get away with questionable descriptions that fool inexperienced buyers. I don't believe that the disclaimer absolves card distributors from living up to their advertising though.

We are now getting a couple of these releases that repackage an assortment of products. They are grab bags in a sense, but they do advertise that certain cards have been included. The disclaimer tells people that they may not get any particular card in any pack, whether it is either named or pictured on the box. However, if cards named or pictured on the box are not in that product at all, that has nothing to do with the statement. That would just be false advertising if it could be proved.

If card manufacturers could legally use that disclaimer to cover anything they wanted to make up, then we would find photoshopped pictures of Abraham Lincoln cut signature cards on every box top. Big Grin

In truth I think that today's card manufacturers try to be very honest about what's in their products because when collectors feel disappointed they may not come back.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Walked into the local Target this morning, and they have restocked these. There were 12 of them. Picked up the front 2.

Pack 1
Auto; Jason Gedrick as Peter Sheridan in Supernatural
Americana: 13 base cards, 1 high number, 1 proof (133/250)
PopCardz: 9 base cards, 5 badly bent base cards, 1 Materials card (Rosario Dawson)

Pack 2
Auto: Adrienne Wilkinson as The Flapper in Angel
Americana: 14 base cards, 1 Proof (212/500)
Popcardz: 12 basecards, 2 gold cards 1 materials card (Molly Sims)

So now a recap:
In the last 2 weeks I've got 8 packs of this
2 catwoman autos
2 Supernatural autos
2 Alias autos
1 Veronica Mars auto
1 Angel auto
1 Materials card from Americana
6 materials cards from Popcardz (1 Molly Sims, 2 Rosario Dawson, 3 Raven Symone)
I'm 1 card short of a set of Popcardz as well.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this product. Will probably pick up more later this week.

posted Hide Post
Yeah, I like this product too. . . I've been getting a lot of Jessica Alba materials -- not a bad thing!

Once we both done buying these maybe we can do some trading -- I need extra card #35s Christina Ricci -- at least 2 of them for sets. What one are you missing?

I actually stopped by a Target by the office today, but they didn't have any.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I've got an extra Ricci for you, of course, we're both still collecting these, so anything can turn up in the next pack.
I need a 12 and a 32, since i have a gold card holding it's place.
Are the Alba costumes all different? I have 2 different Raven costume, one duplicate, and both my Dawson costumes are different.

If you get out by Crystal Lake, there's at least 8 packs hanging there, just leave a couple for me.

posted Hide Post
I think all the Alba's I have so far are the same.

Once we get done buying we should look at some trades. . . I might go for a set of the gold cards too -- Anna opened one pack of Popcardz that had 3 gold cards in it, so I have nearly half a set now.

The Target by me keeps restocking these, but it seems like they keep selling out quickly too, so quite a few people must be buying 'em. I won't clear out your Target if I get up your way though -- that would be rude!

I may be driving through next weekend, if I do I'll probably stop by Dreams and Heroes -- does Al and Ann's have cards anymore? Last time I was up there they were getting rid of almost all of their cards.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Al isn't carrying cards anymore. Good news is D & H is getting more into non-sports, he will be getting a case of Twilight Zone.

Yes, we'll trade, the gold cards don't mean much to me, so if you need any of mine we'll work something out.

Yes, I've noticed some packs of Popcarsdz seem to have more than one gold card, too bad they aren't foil, they'd look a lot nicer.