Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Authentic Memorabilia - Autograph Edition (The Fairfield Company)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Authentic Memorabilia - Autograph Edition (The Fairfield Company)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Picked up 6 more packs today:

Pack 1:
David Chokachi as Jake McCartey (Witchblade A2)
3 - Popcardz (gold parallel of Mena Suvari)
3 - Americana II (all commons)

Pack 2:
Michael Gaston as Gray Anderson (Jericho A5)
3 - Popcardz (gold parallel of Amanda Seyfried)
3 - Americana II (1 high number common)

Pack 3:
Jeffrey Jones (Sleepy Hollow A3)
3 - Popcardz (gold parallel of Nick Cannon)

Pack 4:
Brandon Quinn as Agent Murphy (Charmed Destiny A-10)
3 - Popcardz (Lily Collins material card, gold parallel of Emmy Rossum)
3 - Americana II (all commons)

Pack 5:
Alex Borstein as Sally (Catwoman A-2)
3 - Popcardz (Raven-Symone material card, gold parallel of Emma Roberts)
3 - Americana II (Dylan McDermott TV Stars 201/500)

Pack 6:
Chris Barrie as Hillary (Tomb Raider A4)
3 - Popcardz (gold parallel of Jordana Brewster)
3 - Americana II (1 high number common, Amanda Bearse Proof 151/500,
Rashad "Sugar" Evans Ring Kings Autograph)

They had 5 or 6 more packs, I already hear them calling me!!!

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Went back and got the last 4...

Pack 1:
Amber Benson as Lenore (Supernatural Season 2 A-14)
3 - Popcardz (gold parallel of Mandy Moore)
3 - Americana II (Rashad Evans Ring Kings RK-RE #125/500)

Pack 2:
Kim Smith as Drina (Catwoman A-4)
3 - Popcardz (gold parallel of Selma Blair)

Pack 3:
Patrick Cassidy as Henry Small (Smallville Season 2 A14)
3 - Popcardz (Molly Sims material card)
3 - Americana II (Kelly Monaco Proof 83/500)

Pack 4:
Alona Tal as Jo Harvelle (Supernatural Season 2 A-12)(scan below)
3 - Popcardz(got 4 packs instead of 3)(gold parallel of Mandy Moore)
3 - Americana II (2 high nummber commons)

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thats a nice auto card Greg, not sure what it all means though.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its her name in Hebrew. Alona Tal is from Israel originally. Apparently she signs all of her cards that way. Hebrew is read right to left so starting from the right edge of the card is "Alona" and then the short little bit is "Tal"

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oh wow thank you. I want one now. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
she even had both versions of her name on inkworks little stickies

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Deeceman. I was hoping someone
could shed some light on that, which is why I posted the scan. I thought it might have something to do with the show but wasn't sure since I've never seen it.

Also, to Don and Jon...When you are ready to do some Popcardz trading count me in. I need 2 cards for a second set and also don't have much interest in the gold parallels so they will be up for grabs as well.

Greg

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
Greg - did you put your Popcardz list in the trading section, I have quite a few extras and could use some additional ones as well

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Hi Greg, yes, I'm willing to trade any of my singles to anyone that needs them. In fact, with these now turning up all over the country, there's no reason why any collector who wants to put a Popcardz set together couldn't do it.

Today I bought another pack of these and got the one card I needed, although I need one more to replace a gold card. I got a commom Supernatural auto - McNulty, and a materials card in the Americana packs.

I did get an Alona auto in a Razor Archives box, from Veronica Mars, and she also signed that card with the Hebrew writing.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I haven't seen these before or heard of them. I wish our Target had cards. I've never seen anything resembling them ever Frown

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when I first saw the Alona Tal autos I wasn't 100% sure what she was doing on there as she uses a very stylized script and not the block printing and script I was taught as a kid but after I wiki'd her to find out who she was I took a better look and confirmed it. The "Tal" portion of her name is quite hard to make out as she doesn't fully form either of the two Hebrew letters in the name. Similarly, in the "Alona" part of the name she melds the last two letters into a girly kind of script. When I showed the picture to my wife she got a kick out of it being that her name is "Ilana" which is a variant of the actor's name.

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Well, I can't get any more of these things -
Wednesday I bought a pack and got Kevin McNulty from Supernatural.

Thursday i drove by Target and decided to buy a pack - my auto was Kevin McNulty from Supernatural.

Today, Friday, I was out that way and thought, "I'll pick up another pack" I had gotten 3 Supernatural autos from there in a week, so I mixed the packs up and took one from the rear of the pile. My auto - Kevin McNulty from Supernatural.

Doh!

To top it off, I got no good useful cards from the packs. So, I'm not getting any more for a while. Anyone need a Kevin McNulty auto from Supernatural? I got 2 up for trade, for any other auto I don't already have.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought one of these packs to check it out. Here are my pulls:

Smallville Jonathan Taylor Thomas auto

Americana Marilyn Monroe short print
Popcardz Rosario Dawson gold parallel

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ferrerstuff
posted Hide Post
I picked up three packs earlier this week and this is what I got:

1st Pack:
Auto - Justice League #A1 Bruce Timm
Americana II packs (3) -
TV Stars #TS-JD Joyce DeWitt
PopCardz packs (3) -
Gold Card #28 Emmanuelle Chriqui
Memorabilia Card #14 Molly Simms

2nd Pack:
Auto - Catwoman #A-1 Lambert Wilson
Americana II packs (3) - NADA!
PopCardz packs (3) -
Gold Card #1 Jessica Biel

3rd Pack:
Auto - AVP #A7 Adrian Bouchet
Americana II packs (3) - Again, NADA!
PopCardz packs (3) -
Gold Card #5 Rachel Bilson
Memorabilia Card #1 Jessica Biel

Even though I already had the Bouchet, this was a nice little haul. Hopefully there are some more packs the next time I go.

ferrerstuff

Posts: 111 | Location: S.F./Bay Area | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm back in the game!
Went back to my Target - there were the 8 packs of these just staring me in the face - daring me to buy one. Would I get another Kevin McNulty? Well, do ya' feel lucky punk? Make my day!
So I grabbed one from the back again, and got another Supernatural auto - Chad Lindberg. I had broken the Kevin McNulty curse!

Looks like these are mostly Supernatural autos, have pulled 5 from this bunch now.
In the packs:
Popcardz; 14 base cards, 1 gold card
Americana: 13 base cards, 1 Proof (120/250)
and - 1 autograph Evan Marriott (1020/1200)

Evan Marriott was in Joe Millionaire, a reality show that also gave us my favorite Benchwarmer girl, Melissa "Mojo" Hunter. Not bad, I had heard there were autos in retail packs but had never seen one.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice work Don -- you managed to stay off the horse for 3 days!

I was at Target last night and said I would get just 1 pack if they had some -- of course they restocked and had a STACK of them, so I got 2.

Byron Mann and Alex Bornestein (sp?) both from Catwoman. . . plus a Molly Sims memorabilia, but nothing else notable.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Even though, I'd much rather have one Razor Vault for $50 as opposed to the 3 of these Target packs the same amount would buy, I did purchase 2 of them.

My autographs were of Mike Mignola (creator or Hellboy) and Aaron Ashmore from the Smallville TV show.

Nothing of note in my 12 Americana/Popstars packs, but all in all, I do rate these as an excellent buy, especially if the Razor Vaults are a bit too expensive for you. I do hope to see more releases like this, and might even buy a couple more of these.

Just based on the breakdowns here, Target is selling some of them at least, so that could bode well for future releases.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a few people open these so I thought I'd try one out.

Auto: Alias Carl Lumbly as Marcus Dixon

3 packs of Americana:

Proof: Ed Asner
Tv Stars Insert: Walter Koenig

3 packs of Pop Stars:

memoriabilia card- Selma Blair

Posts: 22 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Had to stop by Target today, so, decided to pick up another pack.

AAARGGGHHH!

Kevin McNulty number 4.

Help me turn this around. I now have 3 Kevin McNulty's to trade. I know some of you must have an auto they would rather get rid of. Someone in this thread complained about getting a Jeffry Jones because he was a child molester. I will take your child molesters, your alcoholics, your drug addicts, your serial killers, your chronic jay-walkers...
Kevin's looking pretty good now, isn't he?

Each trader will recieve a sleeve, a crystal clear top loader, and one Kevin McNulty autograph.

Anyone?

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
This McNulty Curse continues - No, I didn't buy any more memorabilia packs -
Todaay I picked up 5 packs of Twilight Zone 50th Anniv. I got one autograph - Richard Erdman, who had the role of MCNULTY!