Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (Breygent Marketing)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (Breygent Marketing)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the hits from my 3 latest boxes:

Billy Gray auto
Richard Eyer auto
Steven Miller Metropolis sketch
Sarah Wilkinson Metropolis sketch
Rowena Pagarigan Target Earth sketch

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've opened a total of 4 boxes, I would put pics of my autos and sketch cards but scanner is down.
If interested in trades, I just put some cards from that set up for trade.
Including Ben Chapman autos!!!
Sorry I have no dupes of sketch cards.

Posts: 425 | Location: Ada, MI | Registered: June 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Maybe this needs a new thread, but my comic shop had the loaded packs for sale. I pulled a Barbarella sketch card!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
Maybe this needs a new thread, but my comic shop had the loaded packs for sale. I pulled a Barbarella sketch card!

The Loaded Packs are from the Second Release, you'll find there is a separate post for this release.

Nice sketch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: treksearcher,

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, if Red Sonja was a blast from the past these could well be a nostalgia overload Big Grin I recently picked up a case of Breygents original Classic Sci-fi and Horror Posters Collection. I did have reservations about this after reading about the colation faults in the box and case breaks when the set originally came but went ahead anyway Big Grin

In the event, I did get my 12 sketches, 6 autos and 12 complete base sets along with five sets of each of the chase sets. Of course, I would have preferred a few less duplicate artists and autographs but other than that, not too much to complain about.

I'll stick with just showing the sketches and auto cards.

Sketches:

Leah Mangue, Leah Mangue
Chris Henderson, Sarah Wilkinson

Travis Walton, Michael Kraiger

Scott Houseman, Brian Kong, Brian Kong

All three by Rowena Pagarigan

Autos:

Beverly Garland (1 of 3), Ib Melchior (1 of 2)
Ben Chapman

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Alright Kevin! One of my all-time favorite sets! (one of my other all-time faves being SF&H Series 2 Thumb Up) Series 1 is the first "master set" I ever completed. (I put master in parentheses because I don't have a sketch from all of the artists. But I have everything else, including that elusive binder.)

Whereas the sketches were the star of the show in series 2, Series 1 had a great autograph lineup. That Ben Chapman is really nice. You've got a couple of nice sketches there, too. I particularly like the Houseman, Kong and Henderson sketches.

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found a box online, and I am profoundly disappointed. I pulled a sketch that was less than inspired, shall we say. (I don't mean to be mean, and that's why I'm not posting the photo or revealing the artist). No autograph either. Oh well, I guess in this hobby we all take these chances. I was really hoping for a Beverly a Garland auto.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
This was a very nice product. I never got a sketch, but I bought several of the autograph cards a few years ago. I was sorry I didn't pick up more when I had the chance.

Too bad about your box, but the single hits still turn up you know where.

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought a box when they first came out. I got an autograph card and a very nice sketch. I was quite pleased. Regardless of my not so great box, I Love this set.

posted Hide Post
I love this set as well, the only autograph card I am missing is the 8 x 10 Ben Chapman card. I took a full set of the Creature From The Black Lagoon inserts to a show and got them signed by Julie Adams.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was finally able to get the binder for this set last week. The
Ebay listing only described and showed all the cards included and
that they were stored in "a binder". I contacted the seller for
more info and the pictures he sent back showed the elusive official
binder and a sell sheet as well. This has always been one of my
favorite sets and other than sketches, was one of the first "master"
sets that I put together and now this completes it!

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post