Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (Breygent Marketing)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (Breygent Marketing)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
My 2 boxes and binder arrived today. Very nice looking cards!!

Box 2395
Autograph Card: Ben Chapman Creature from the Black Lagoon Thumb Up
Sketch card: Brian Kong's Hound of the Baskervilles Bouncey Very nice!
Creature from Black Lagoon: 3C, 4C, 5C, 6C
2001: A Space Odyssey: P1A
The Day the Earth Stood Still: P2A

Box 2390
Autograph Card: Ann Robinson War of the Worlds Bouncey
Sketch card: Rich Molinelli: War of the Worlds Clap Also very nice...great colors!
Creature from Black Lagoon: 3C, 4C, 5C, 6C
2001: A Space Odyssey: P1A
The Day the Earth Stood Still: P2A

I love the cards, I pulled a autograph in each box!!, and the sketches are both great! The only downer is that all of the chase was the same in both boxes. Frown Time to trade! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rich,

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
John L.Very nice Cool
As I have to wait until next week what is the "bottom box card"?

Posts: 218 | Location: Ca. USA | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by meatwagon:
John L.Very nice Cool

Breygent has cards printed on the bottom of all the boxes they produce. Card is part of the box so you either have to keep the entire box or carefully cut it from the back. The back of the card is blank.
Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply that sounds pretty cool. Maybe I'll flip a coin to see what I do. Razz

Posts: 218 | Location: Ca. USA | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Bump!

For those of you that have opened the product, can you tell me if the basic card of "The Legacy" (I believe card #49 that has the checklist on the back), lists the sketch card artist names as well as the regular 49 base cards? Breygent did this with their first Oz release.

My comic store in town didn't get the boxes in, I'll have to go to the Bay probably.

Thanks if you can let me know!!!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes, all the artists are listed on the back of the checklist. I also have sketches from one artist where one of the cards has the artist's bio on the back, and another just says "congratulations", it's sort of a generic type card. Where these sketches done later on in order to have enough for the series?

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Yes, all the artists are listed on the back of the checklist. I also have sketches from one artist where one of the cards has the artist's bio on the back, and another just says "congratulations", it's sort of a generic type card. Where these sketches done later on in order to have enough for the series?

Yes, they sent us additional cards that had the generic backs.

Chris H

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

Thanks, Batman, for the checklist response!

Like Chris H said, we all originally did our set number of sketches and sent them and the remaining blanks back in. Breygent then requested additional ones on top of that, and those that were able to help out were sent the blank-backed ones.

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
Got my box yesterday ClapThese are just some really cool cards.

1complete base set(3shy of a second set plus some extras)
Creature from the Black Lagoon:4C,5C,6C
Puzzle cards:P1B,P2B,P3B
Sketch Art card:by Chris Henderson (The Incredible Shrinking Man)very nice work Chris Thumb Up
No Autos Frown(maybe next time)
also got all promosRazzromo1&2, and the 8x10's Attack of the 50ft. Woman and Tarantula

Once again this set is just too cool!!! Smokin' Cool

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Im not sure, are the sketchs/autographs in the boxes , like top loaders or are they in the packs?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sketch Art card:by Chris Henderson (The Incredible Shrinking Man)very nice work Chris Thumb Up

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. It's also one of my scarcest images in the set. That's the first one I've seen pulled.

Chris H

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Im not sure, are the sketchs/autographs in the boxes , like top loaders or are they in the packs?

They're in the packs. Thumb Up

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
John L.Very nice Cool

Meat

Apologies for not responding.

The bottom card is of "The Mummy"

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
No problem John.I actually didn't know what a bottom box card was.But now I have one of my own Big Grin.And I opted to cut it out.Thanks again.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Picked up 2 boxes at the Royal National mart

Sketches
Invasion of the Saucer-men by Joshua Ross
King Kong by RAM

Autos
Richard Eyer (The Invisible Boy).

Sets of the P1, P2 and P3 cards plus 3 spares.
4 of the Creature from the Black Lagoon cards.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
Good one Raj!! Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hi millouse here i got a box from the royal nationial card mart on sunday got a base set 4 creature from the black lagoon cards 2 puzzle cards and wait for it the invisible man returns sketch art card a matallic variant 3 of 6 by scott houseman Elephant Clap Elephant

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MILLHOUSE:
hi millouse here i got a box from the royal nationial card mart on sunday got a base set 4 creature from the black lagoon cards 2 puzzle cards and wait for it the invisible man returns sketch art card a matallic variant 3 of 6 by scott houseman Elephant Clap Elephant

Congrats on pulling that sketch! I did 200 total cards with only 17 being metallics! You beat the odds Big Grin Hope you like it!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Box #2045 of 4800

I was really looking forward to this set. I went for one box since funds were a touch tight (Christmas, bills etc).

I can tell you the cards are superb. Real quality stock and beautifully designed cards.

My box yielded 1 full set, above average chase cards, but no autograph card and no sketch card.

Verdict: - will seriously consider whether to buy Breygent boxes in future. Shake Head to say I was disappointed, would be an understatement..

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I was very happy about getting an auto card and sketch card in the 1 box I opened I was disappointed in that I couldn't even make 1 base set out of all the packs. Got the standard number of regular chase as others. Autograph card was from The Day The Earth Stood Still. The sketch card was an awesome King Kong by Rich Molinelli.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post