Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (Breygent Marketing)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (Breygent Marketing)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
Box #2045 of 4800

I was really looking forward to this set. I went for one box since funds were a touch tight (Christmas, bills etc).

I can tell you the cards are superb. Real quality stock and beautifully designed cards.

My box yielded 1 full set, above average chase cards, but no autograph card and no sketch card.

Verdict: - will seriously consider whether to buy Breygent boxes in future. Shake Head to say I was disappointed, would be an understatement..

maybe you could write them and they could send you a sketch at least?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:

Thank you Zhamlau for your concern. Unfortunately I do not think I can do this. The pack clearly states that the ratio of 1:24 for sketch art cards is not guaranteed to exist within any individual box or case, but the odds reflect an average of the entire production run.

It seems a bit hit and miss to me, and this is why if I have the option of an Inkworks/Rittenhouse/Strictly Ink/Topps or Breygent box, I'm afraid Breygent would appear at the bottom of my list. I only normally buy single boxes, and there is no point taking unnecessary risk, probably better to build the set bit by bit using trading / ebay.

The box however is guaranteed at least one full base set (#1 to #49 (This is written clearly on base of the box), so Non-sportcards above does have grounds to go back to Tom (Breygent), for the other cards, but not me.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Unfortunately I do not think I can do this. The pack clearly states that the ratio of 1:24 for sketch art cards is not guaranteed to exist within any individual box or case, but the odds reflect an average of the entire production run.

Steve,

I would still persue getting a sketch from Breygent, especiall when their website says this:

quote:
The series will feature 1 color sketch card per box by a diverse selection of artists, 4 different chase sets including a 6 card Creature From The Black Lagoon chase set (3 per box), 3 different 2-card puzzle chase sets (1 of each puzzle chase card per box) plus 1 autograph card per 2 boxes.

This is what you based your order on, not what is written on the box. Give them the opportunity to make it right at least.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
My card shop had a box of these, so I bought some packs and got a Leah Mangue sketch-First Spaceship on Venus. These cards are great and gorgeous! I am considering buying a box. I notice on Jeff Allender's website, he lists the Dana Wynter and Kevin McCarthy autograph cards as VERY RARE. Has anyone pulled one yet?

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
Not yet.But I plan on getting more soon,so hopefully Big Grin

Posts: 218 | Location: Ca. USA | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Jeff Allender's site also lists a dealer sell sheet. When I contacted Breygent, I was told that a sell sheet was not printed. Does anyone actually have a sell sheet??

By the way, my two boxes are supposed to be delivered today, so I'll post my breakdowns either tonight or tomorrow.

I contacted Tom at Breygent a few weeks back wanting to know about the sell sheets for my collection. They were NOT created, only in the PDF format online.

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Congrats Kennywood on your boxes! Nice sketches.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
Way to go!!Nice pulls! Big Grin

Posts: 218 | Location: Ca. USA | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got 2 boxes of this Smile Smile Smile

1st box break......
No chase cards Frown Frown Frown
No Sketchcard & no Auto either Frown Frown Frown

2nd box break......
All 6 Creature from the Black Lagoon cards
4 out of the 6 Puzzle cards
2 Sketch Cards by Brian Kong & Leah Mangue
1 Autograph card by Ann Robinson
DAMN COOL BREAK Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
WELL HAPPY WITH THAT!!!!!!!! Elephant Luv You Elephant Dance Elephant

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Awesome Miller!

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
That is awesome!!That is definately a cool way to follow up a "Dud"box. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
quote:

Unfortunately I do not think I can do this. The pack clearly states that the ratio of 1:24 for sketch art cards is not guaranteed to exist within any individual box or case, but the odds reflect an average of the entire production run.

Steve,

I would still persue getting a sketch from Breygent, especiall when their website says this:

quote:
The series will feature 1 color sketch card per box by a diverse selection of artists, 4 different chase sets including a 6 card Creature From The Black Lagoon chase set (3 per box), 3 different 2-card puzzle chase sets (1 of each puzzle chase card per box) plus 1 autograph card per 2 boxes.

This is what you based your order on, not what is written on the box. Give them the opportunity to make it right at least.

Ed

Well guys, I took your advice and contacted Breygent. Tom responded positively, and sent me a Corbett Vanoni sketch card with some bits and pieces.

So thanks again to Ed and zhamlau for their encouragement and a special thanks to Tom from Breygent for coming through Thumb Up

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Breygent seems to do things right like that. im really glad they took care of ya. when you get it, post a scan of the sketch!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just goes to show that Breygent care about their fans Smile
Thankyou Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Tom takes care of his artists very well also, I think that should be said.

Rich

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm a newbie to doing sketch cards, but Breygent Marketing really is a good company all-around. I'm really looking forward to their next couple of sets and hope to be a part of them as well!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I opened a bopx for OTBD on Saturday. I love this set!!

Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (box #2093/4800)
Base Sets: 1
Box Bottom Card: BL-1
Invasion of the Body Snatchers: P3B
2001: A Space Odyssey: P1A
The Day the Earth Stood Still: P2A
Creature from the Black Lagoon: 4C, 5C, 6C
Sketch: Sean Pence (Tobor the Great) Thumb Up
Autograph: Dana Taylor Big Grin

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eng621
posted Hide Post
I picked up this box at Chicago Spring Expo.

Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (box #4444/4800)
Base set:: 1 (1 card shy of 2 so if any one has an extra #14 let me know)
Box Bottom Card: BL-1
2001: A Space Odyssey: P1A
The Day the Earth Stood Still: P2A
Invasion of the Body Snatchers: P3B
Creature from the Black Lagoon: 4C, 5C, 6C
Sketch: Scott Houseman (Metropolis)
Autograph: Kevin McCarthy (Invasion of the Body Snatchers)

Sorry cverdec I copied your format.

Posts: 113 | Location: Yorkville,IL., USA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
eng621-

Nothing to be sorry about. I feel like such the trend setter now..... Big Grin

Nice pulls on your box by the way. Thumb Up

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I was a couple cards short of a second set. I need #'s 14 & 30. If anyone can help me out....

Chris