Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (Breygent Marketing)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (Breygent Marketing)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post

Here are the sketches I got from my case. Overall, the base set is well done and it broke very well so making sets is easy. The poster puzzle chase cards and Creature from the black lagoon poster inserts also broke well and making sets of those also was good. The odds for autographs were 1 in 2 boxes, but I got only 5 from my case Shake Head Ray Harryhausen, Dana Wynter, Richard Eyer, Ricou Browning, and Kevin McCarthy.
I was not happy with the sketch breakdown. Out of 25 different artists, I was expecting 12 different, or maybe at most 1 duplicate artist, but I got duplicate artists 4 times (2 Budds, 2 Waltons, 2 Rowenas, and 2 Kongs). As you can see from my scans, to make it even worse was that I got two duplicate sketches (2 Walton "The Fly" and 2 Kong "Mole People"). I like the sketches, but the collation is not good. Mad Mad
My favorite sketches are the RAM King Kong, the Houseman Haunted Hill, and Henderson Target Earth.

Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
The sketches are really nice.Am looking forward to getting mine.I am sorry to hear about the duplicates you got.

Posts: 218 | Location: Ca. USA | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

My favorite sketches are the RAM King Kong, the Houseman Haunted Hill, and Henderson Target Earth.

Sorry to hear about your bad collation as well...

Glad you liked my Haunted Hill card, I did just a limited few of it... Looks simple but was actually a booger (that's a technical art term Big Grin) to get right.

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
It's a great sketch, it captures the moment in the film when Vincent Price walks out of the shadows with the severed head. I'm sure it wasn't easy to capture that so well. Thanks! Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
That Haunted Hill sketch is my favorite of the ones you got Batman.

Mr. Houseman, that's some great art work Thumb Up

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vader Fan:
That Haunted Hill sketch is my favorite of the ones you got Batman.

Mr. Houseman, that's some great art work Thumb Up

Thanks so much! I insured I put the time in on each sketch, being a collector for years, I went for quality over quantity. Doesn't pay as much though Big Grin...

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you liked the King Kong Sketch Batman!

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
That's a cool sketch, Rich! I really like the orange-yellow background, it makes Kong stand out well! Smile

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Breygent has had some great cards and I was very happy with the colletion in the past but I think they missed the mark on this set. The set and the sketch cards are top notch as always they do have some great people doing them. But I also was very disipointed with the collation of the cards I opened 1 case only 4 auto cards. I hope they can get a handle on this for future relieses. I did get the promos for the 8 x10 set. It is great.

Brian

Posts: 4 | Location: Frieden, pa | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pens6866:
Breygent has had some great cards and I was very happy with the colletion in the past but I think they missed the mark on this set. The set and the sketch cards are top notch as always they do have some great people doing them. But I also was very disipointed with the collation of the cards I opened 1 case only 4 auto cards. I hope they can get a handle on this for future relieses. I did get the promos for the 8 x10 set. It is great.

Brian

That's too bad on the collation, 2 cases opened on here, both with that issue... How was your sketch card breakdown? Did you get repeat artists like Batman, or get lucky and get a wider variety?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMolinelli:
I'm glad you liked the King Kong Sketch Batman!

I'm a fan of your art as well, Rich! I love the dynamics/contrast you get with your markers (also seen in your Oz cards)! I'm too anal Big Grin, I get too painterly with them and lay over colors. Some great artists for me to learn from on this set!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
For those of you that have opened the product, can you tell me if the basic card "The Legacy" I believe that has the checklist on the back, lists the sketch card artist names as well? Breygent did this with their first Oz release.

My comic store in town didn't get the boxes in, I'll have to go to the Bay probably.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great Sketches, thanks for sharing Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened 4 boxes so far. I don't have a box by box report, but overall here's how I did.

6 basic card sets
Autograph Sketch Card: Ib Melchior
Sketch cards (scans of most already posted elsewhere in this thread)
Vanoni - Creature from Black Lagoon
Rowena - Death Song
Mangue - Ratin
Budd - Metropolis

1 set of "C" Creature from Black Lagoon chase + dupes of 1, 2, 3 and 4 C

"P3" Body Snatcher cards - P3ax2, P3bx3
"P1" 2002 cards - P1a x 1, p1bx3
"P2" Day Earth Stood Still cards - P2ax1, P2bx3

Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Hey case breakers. Wavey

I would like to trade for anything to do with this set as i have none of it. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
great sketches.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just opened my only box and I got the following

1 Sketch card TOBOR THE GREAT by Jim Kyle
1 Sketch card TARGET EARTH by Joshua Ross
1 Autograph Card of Richard Eyer with a poster of The Invisible Boy which pictured Robbie the Robot

All three cards showing the theme of "Robots"

The other chase cards were

P1A - 2001: A Space Odyssey
P2A - The Day the Earth Stood Still
P3A - Invasion of the Body Snatchers

1C, 2C,3C of the Creature from the Black Lagoon

1 Base set
4 short of a second base set

and don't forget the Bottom Box Card "The Mummy"

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Hey John...
Two nice sketches and an autograph card!
You have chosen wisely, Grasshopper. Wink

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post